Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Wish I could switch off the engine...

I always taxi back up to the hangars (or an area I deem a de-arming zone) after a completing a mission. Then I just wish I could turn the engine off and sit back with a sigh of relief as another mission is done and more combat hours in my logbook.

I realise it's most likely hard-coded but starting up and shutting down the engines (even if it was only one button) would please me no end. It's the only major complaint I have with the Thirdwire sims.

Anyone else have similar thoughts ?

I always taxi back up to the hangars (or an area I deem a de-arming zone) after a completing a mission. Then I just wish I could turn the engine off and sit back with a sigh of relief as another mission is done and more combat hours in my logbook.

I realise it's most likely hard-coded but starting up and shutting down the engines (even if it was only one button) would please me no end. It's the only major complaint I have with the Thirdwire sims.

Anyone else have similar thoughts ?

Yes indeed, but the ONLY game I know that does that is Falcon 4.0

the on-off engine is implemented in the FE expansion, so i guess this feature will be added too in the next SFP1/WOV/WOE patch series.

Well...I always wanted to swtich on/off the engines in flight...think FOTI: I wonder if it would work? :wacko:

You surely did forgot about Lock On, IL2 serie, and the older CFS1,2,3, EAW, ...

You surely did forgot about Lock On, IL2 serie, and the older CFS1,2,3, EAW, ...

and FE :biggrin:

And in Jane's USAF at least you had to put it on.....

Derk :scout:

In Janes F-15 and F-18 you had to cut an engine off if you took a major hit. When Betty calls "bleed air" you better do what she says !!! :not_i:

the on-off engine is implemented in the FE expansion, so i guess this feature will be added too in the next SFP1/WOV/WOE patch series.

You're joking right? TK really added it?

You're joking right? TK really added it?

yes he really did it in the expansion set :good:

he add randomly generated parked aircrafts too (in single mission and campaign)

Edited by Murphy'S

Hmmmm...I wonder if we can modify that feature (if and when it's appled to the other titles), to mimic engine flameouts?

Hmmmm...I wonder if we can modify that feature (if and when it's appled to the other titles), to mimic engine flameouts?

Perhaps TK already has in the forthcoming new jet sim. (though I doubt it)

we asked for on/off and he listened. If enough people asked, he probably would if it wasn't too costly. Though I'd rather see more avionics capability for modern aircraft.

It's kinda weird that the on/off engine thing isn't in SF/WOV/WOE, because there is a sound file for prop start-ups. I once thought that I had accidentally turned of the Allison in my P-40K mid-dogfight, but it was a bullet that was responsible for that one. :biggrin:

You should try LockOn Flaming clifs.

You'll love it. :yes:

My signiture below is from LockOn. :wink:

Edited by MannieB.