Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

DBS 2: The Modder Consortium

As you know, I am beginning work on DBS 2.0. There are a few who have already made contributions to the new project. CA_Stary has already made an Alaskan lighthouse, as well as previews of some awesome buildings! Capun has delivered two static aircraft that fit into the 1961-62 theme of the Bering Straits. Fracture has just posted his billboard series. Julhelm has posted a preview of a nuke plant. Lots more to do and build.. 3D work, terrain tile work, target INIs... lots of work to go around...

If you are interested in joining a more co-ordinated effort to build DBS-2, please post below. I will see if we can get a private forum set up here at CA....

Below is the map I will be using for DBS2. I will post a marked up version in the next few days along with details of target areas...

DBS_test2.jpg

Anyone want to join for one project?

I'd like to sign up. Maybe as an entry-level skinner. Beta tester in the latter stages.

I would be proud if i could help you and the Team as Betatester.

I'll be glad to contribute to this project with 3d obj, skins or both, if you like.

:blink: MajorLee, how did you get the map so large? That is AWSIM

I suggest a small set of large 3D iceburg models, placed in terrain file. Would that be Correct Thinking?

You see talk of the Arctic as being a competing ground for new resources, which would make an interesting theme for a post-modern campaign. If Terrain Editor could only do a circular polar map.

:blink: MajorLee, how did you get the map so large? That is AWSIM

I know stuff... :yu:

I suggest a small set of large 3D iceberg models, placed in terrain file. Would that be Correct Thinking?

I tried to get icebergs for DBS1, but couldn't get any completed... They are on my list of desired objects for DBS2... :secret:

I know stuff... :yu:

I tried to get icebergs for DBS1, but couldn't get any completed... They are on my list of desired objects for DBS2... :secret:

how about pack ice? lots of fog and rough seas!

be glad to help test and complain.....

how about pack ice? lots of fog and rough seas!

be glad to help test and complain.....

Oh sure, Typhoid, as if you know anything about the Bering Straits and northern Pacific... :umnik2: Just 'cause you flew there in the Navy... :good:

Glad to have you aboard! :yes:

ML

Reporting for duty Sir!

CA_Stary, judging by Treepoint, you are "IN"! Hopefully a secure meeting place can be arranged soon where we can sort out details about who is doing what and assign tasks... :swoon:

Sweet! DBS is one of my favorit maps...

There's that new arctic Starfire skin I just released (with this in mind!), and I've almost got the D Scorpion arctic skin re-vamp ready, just having a small decal issue for the wing-tip rocket pods (as in the decals don't show up....)

Will we be seeing Nike and HAWK batteries added??? I hope so!!

If there's any stuff of mine you need, PLEASE use it!!

Wrench

kevin stein

opps..forgot...Get ahold or Erik or Buff, and see if they can do for you like they did for us on the DS mod.

:secret: Yes Wrench, Nike and Hawk batteries will show up, right after YOU add them... Looks like we have a new Commander at the Artic Air Defense Command! :clapping: Let's hear it for Commander Wrench! YAY!!!!!

Guest capun

Any other static plane that you are looking for? I can take a look at my archives and then see if we can secure the permissions

Oh, great, now I just have to figgur out where to put them.... :rofl: Google Earth ain't gonna be much help now (not like DS and Iran/Iraq!!)

where did I put that url for the Nike sites listing......

Here's what I did for WoE's Germany Map:

nike-1.jpg

nike-2.jpg

nike-3.jpg

Reusing the 'truck depot' parking lot :rolleyes:

Capun, how about some parked C-47s??? Can't go after "The Thing" with them, or search for John Wayne on his 'Island in the Sky'... :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Not to worry, Wrench, Once the map progresses, we can come up with SAM and AAA dome locations...

Hey Ken check your PM I think I might of found a solution to your earlier question.

Oh sure, Typhoid, as if you know anything about the Bering Straits and northern Pacific... :umnik2: Just 'cause you flew there in the Navy... :good:

Glad to have you aboard! :yes:

ML

and spent a month on Shemya one afternoon...............

:blink:

Looking forward to it!

:grin:

You were on Shemya? wooaaaa :blink: I'm sorry... Did you take any pictures? I am planning on modeling Shemya...

You were on Shemya? wooaaaa :blink: I'm sorry... Did you take any pictures? I am planning on modeling Shemya...

cameras? on Shemya?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Surely thou jest!

:rofl:

nope! no pictures of Shemya!! Besides - it was too foggy, cold, wet, miserable, etc., to see far enough to take pictures.

you might find some good stuff on google earth though.

Surely thou jest!

I never jest and don't call me Shirley.

Thanks for the assist, Dave. For those who don't know, here is more than you'll ever want to know about Shemya...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/facility/shemya.htm

http://www.kamchatkapeninsula.com/rivetjoint.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=13&om=1

Edited by Major Lee

if skins are needet, i´ll be on Board! ;)

just say wich and i will start!

Soulfreak, you are welcome as always! Thank you!!

ML.

I will help,but with small projects ken as im not able to spend as much time on stuff as I used to...depends on whats needed mate..ive restarted some items too that I have here...

ur friend...

Russ

Edited by russouk2004