Naval Air Reserve, 2nd attempt:

gallery_22093_126_346.jpg

What? :tongue:

Edited by Gocad

WIP: VF-174 'Hellrazors'

gallery_22093_126_915.jpg

A bit more colorful than the previous skin. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Damn Gocad, you're doing a nice job there!

Is there a Phillipine Crusader in the pipeline somewhere? One with the

last wraparound camo pattern they wore?????? Would be a hell

of an addition!

Thanks for all you've done so far!

Damn Gocad, you're doing a nice job there!

Is there a Phillipine Crusader in the pipeline somewhere? One with the

last wraparound camo pattern they wore?????? Would be a hell

of an addition!

Thanks for all you've done so far!

Mirage Factory is making that version too. We got the H,K,L and P coming.

Kudo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone (please) make F-8D VF-84 skin, I miss that one from older model :smile:

I wouldn't dare to do it at the moment...it wouldn't look good at all. :blush:

Btw, my VF-174 'Hellrazors' skin is finished.

gallery_22093_126_6006.jpg

I'm going to upload it soon.

Edited by Gocad

gallery_22093_126_54404.jpg

...back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gocad

gallery_22093_126_56191.jpg

Hmm, why I do keep thinking that there is basically everything wrong with this skin...and it has nothing to with the intake section (funny thing is that the texture fits both the B and E/J model). Does anybody know whether VMF-112 did operate the D-model at all. I've read some conflicting info on that on that subject.

Speaking of not making much progress...

gallery_22093_126_11809.jpggallery_22093_126_24567.jpg

I just can't make up my mind whether to turn this into a VC-5 skin (they had a checkerboard pattern applied to the VertTail of their Crusaders) or another VC unit that used Crusaders as Drone controllers.

Yeah, I'm fishing for some opinions here...

Edited by Gocad

Have to check Ginter my books. I know I got it in there.

I did a VMF-112 skin myself for the B. Haven't uploaded it though. Did a VF-32 skin for B too.

Don't obsess too much Gocad or you are going to ruin the fun of it for yourself. They look damn good.

Good to know that VMF-112 is in good hands... I look forward to the release of those skins. :yes:

I guess it's actually a rather trivial reason why I haven't finished that DC scheme yet...I have no idea how to get VC-5's checkerboard pattern right ... after spending hours on figuring out how to paint the top fuselage area between the wings using trial & error method I don't want to know how many hours it would take me to do that checkerboard pattern... :blush:

What prgram are you using? To make a checkerboard pattern I use a square brush. Set it to the size youthink its right. Put it on a 256x256 background. Then copy the 2 squares over and over and over (as layers) until you get a "wall" of what you want. After you merge all those layers together, add it to the area you want. The using the magic wand cut it to dimensions you desire. Does any of this make sense?

What prgram are you using? To make a checkerboard pattern I use a square brush. Set it to the size youthink its right. Put it on a 256x256 background. Then copy the 2 squares over and over and over (as layers) until you get a "wall" of what you want. After you merge all those layers together, add it to the area you want. The using the magic wand cut it to dimensions you desire. Does any of this make sense?

Yup...that's how I do it too

Good to know that VMF-112 is in good hands... I look forward to the release of those skins. :yes:

Oh its just a decal and makrings job. I used C5's skins as the base like have been. Why re invent the wheel when his work on the Sader is a cut above.

Yeah. This sounds a lot better than the stuff I have come up with.

Thanks.

The release of the "VMF-112" skin made me to do these:

gallery_22093_126_56536.jpg

NAF Washington (VF-661 & 662; VMF-321)

gallery_22093_126_95277.jpg

NAS Dallas (VF-701 & 703; VMF-111 & 112)

I guess the Navy/Marine reserve units should be covered now. :wink:

Fun fact: The tailcodes here do not refer to a particular unit, but rather the airbase where they were stationed at.

Edited by Gocad

gallery_22093_126_103468.jpg

I think I can file this under 'progress'...although it's quite likely that the finished skin will have a slightly different checkerboard pattern. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Looking good Gocad. The checker boards turned out very nice.

Thanks. I took me some time to realize that it must not really look exactly like the one in Osprey Combat Aircraft #7. :wink:

I've redone the entire tailfin, but it wasn't that much work, now that I knew how it had to be done. :wink:

gallery_22093_126_103309.jpg

From here on it's smooth sailing...I just need to add the squadron markings, but I guess the paint job pretty much gives it away which unit this Crusader belongs to. :biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

From here on it's smooth sailing...I just need to add the squadron markings, ...

I can't believe I said that...I should have known better. :rolleyes:

Anyway:

gallery_22093_126_28688.jpg

Finally! :smile:

Edited by Gocad

I thought I could throw this skin together within a few hours...well, apparently not. :rolleyes:

gallery_22093_126_69504.jpg

Also, I would like to add that I miss the C/K model. :wink:

Edited by Gocad