Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Crusaders? (Planes and Skins)

You maybe could try Refuel_door as the mesh name for the... refuel door lol. Take a look at the F-8E.out, it's where every meshes are named!

Arrrgh, those decals drive me nuts. I don't know what's worse, their color or their positions...

post-22093-1201780155_thumb.jpg

But I guess were it not for C5's templates I would have never got that far to bitch about them in the first place.

EDIT: One more. I think the decal color is okay now, but I'll probably have to do some of the decals again.

post-22093-1201783658_thumb.jpg

WIP or not, that's one good looking skin. Well, at least in my opinion. :wink:

And yes, I'm well aware that the reserve VFP squadrons did not fly any fighter versions with such a color scheme.

Lalalala, I'm not listening. :tongue:

Edited by Gocad

Holy Crap! That is a nice looking F-8 there!

GOCAD YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!!! THAT SKIN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bucklehead101

Arrrgh, those decals drive me nuts. I don't know what's worse, their color or their positions...

post-22093-1201780155_thumb.jpg

But I guess were it not for C5's templates I would have never got that far to bitch about them in the first place.

EDIT: One more. I think the decal color is okay now, but I'll probably have to do some of the decals again.

post-22093-1201783658_thumb.jpg

WIP or not, that's one good looking skin. Well, at least in my opinion. :wink:

And yes, I'm well aware that the reserve VFP squadrons did not fly any fighter versions with such a color scheme.

Lalalala, I'm not listening. :tongue:

I did the YAP RF-8G in thse colors. I will post some screen shots tonight. Looking good gocad.

I did the YAP RF-8G in thse colors. I will post some screen shots tonight. Looking good gocad.

Thanks. Looking forward to these screens. No doubt they will look better than this:

post-22093-1201799102_thumb.jpg

Well, at least the decal positions seem to be alright.

Also, who came up with the design of VFP-206's tailcode? That design drives me crazy... :rolleyes:

Thanks. Looking forward to these screens. No doubt they will look better than this:

post-22093-1201799102_thumb.jpg

Well, at least the decal positions seem to be alright.

Also, who came up with the design of VFP-206's tailcode? That design drives me crazy... :rolleyes:

Took me awhile to make them but I made them by hand. It was a pain in the ass for sure.

Edit that was for the AF tail I am speaking off. The AF was hard to make.

Dude you did awesome on this skin by the way. It is very nice.

Thanks. I'm still trying to get this scheme right and I guess that's still a long way to go.

post-22093-1201890903_thumb.jpg

post-22093-1201890911_thumb.jpg

Anyone see any differences between these two?

(It's not the missing rescue marking. I simply forgot to add that layer. D'oh!)

I finally figured out which colors I should use for the textures:

gallery_22093_126_12928.jpg

gallery_22093_126_50195.jpg

Well, I guess that's it...for now. There are of course some details that could be improved, the TPS scheme isn't 100% correct, but for the time being it will have to do. I always wanted to have a Crusader with a low-viz paint job and here it is.

Edited by Gocad

It looks great. Really does. After sitting in the sun for days on in, it all look sfaded and incorrect. Don't worry about it.

Well, I found a decal set (actually just a high-rez image of it) that allowed me to create a proper tailcode for VFP-206.

gallery_22093_126_32429.jpg

Edited by Gocad

Hey Gocad why didnt you ask me for mine, I would of hooked you up. :ok:

Thanks for the offer, but the search for this decal provided me with some ideas for a few additional skins. :yes:

I can do that, once it's finished. I need to repaint the markings first and I'm still not happy with the color of the intake section.

Something else I'm currently working on:

ftbsz5.th.jpgftt2ag6.th.jpg

This is actually some sort of first draft. Unfortunately I'm still struggling getting the outer wing sections right. And a few other things I need to do again.... :blush:

Btw, what is going with the attachment section? Why do I get this odd message "Attachment space used 9.15MB of 5MB"? Not to mention that I'm unable to upload pics here...? (Hence the use of Imageshack)

Edited by Gocad

So, I have made up my mind:

I will try to succeed in making the following skins for the MF Crusader:

- TPS and late 70s gray scheme for VFP-206 & VFP-306

- 'Fightertown' skin for VFP-63 F-8J Crusader (WIP; yes I know, the J-model isn't out yet, but I'm quite confident that the skin will fit)

- skins for VF-13 & 62, VMF(AW) 251 & 451

That's all. Thank you for your attention.

EDIT: I have uploaded the TPS skins for VFP-206 & VFP-306.

Edited by Gocad

I'm trying to get the F-8D intstalled but when I run it, I get the following error:

'ce fichier dontient des donnees invalides.' Babelfish looks like something to the effect of 'the document contained invalid data'.

has anyone seen this? If so, does anyone have any advice on getting it on?

THX-

I'm trying to get the F-8D intstalled but when I run it, I get the following error:

'ce fichier dontient des donnees invalides.' Babelfish looks like something to the effect of 'the document contained invalid data'.

has anyone seen this? If so, does anyone have any advice on getting it on?

THX-

redo the download, you have a problem with the file.

++

:dntknw:

Well, as noted above, a re-download of the f-8d file did the trick for the install. However, now I get thrown out of WOV whenever I try to launch it in single mission, MIG-CAP 1967. I tried MSConfig (running XP, btw) and disabling all non-MS stuff, same effect. So I downloaded DirectX updates, thinking that might do it- no dice. I try to begin the mission, no 'loading' screen, I just get thrown out and exited from WOV altogether. No failures in the app log, nothing.

WXP, Intel Core2 2.33G, 4Gb RAM, Mobile Intel 945GM video chipset. Any ideas?

:dntknw:

Well, as noted above, a re-download of the f-8d file did the trick for the install. However, now I get thrown out of WOV whenever I try to launch it in single mission, MIG-CAP 1967. I tried MSConfig (running XP, btw) and disabling all non-MS stuff, same effect. So I downloaded DirectX updates, thinking that might do it- no dice. I try to begin the mission, no 'loading' screen, I just get thrown out and exited from WOV altogether. No failures in the app log, nothing.

WXP, Intel Core2 2.33G, 4Gb RAM, Mobile Intel 945GM video chipset. Any ideas?

You need to do this trick, your integrated chip set isn't cutting it....

So try this.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12148

payaso

Did it work for you at all?