Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Crusaders? (Planes and Skins)

gallery_22093_126_70641.jpg

If I could only get rid of that IRST....without deleting the entire cockpit interior. :blink:

Or just wait for the F-8C?

Hello, my name is Gocad and I'm a rivet counter with regard to decals and such... :blush:

gallery_22093_126_200920.jpg

Hello, my name is Gocad and I'm a rivet counter with regard to decals and such... :blush:

Well then you got a lot of catching up to do Sundowner then..... :biggrin:

Where can I get those ZUNI pods for the F-8? I have looked everywhere!!

Those Zuni pods are called LAU-33A and they even come with the stock WOV.

Well then you got a lot of catching up to do Sundowner then..... :biggrin:

Probably, but it seems I could tell him a few things about decal placement and fonts usage...also, the BuNo of that VMF-312 Crusader should be 0317. :crazy:

Edited by Gocad

I have no Lau 33a, I have Lau 3A, but I am looking for the config file on the zuni dual.

Probably, but it seems I could tell him a few things about decal placement and fonts usage...also, the BuNo of that VMF-312 Crusader should be 0317. :crazy:

Those are C5's decals. But If you think you can tell Sundowner how to do it, please be my guest.

Tell me, I'm all ears, that was a wip pic I hadnt got round to the decals yet, but I'd be intrested to hear what font you would suggest, I spend ages messing with the horizontal/verticle scaling, the leading, tracking & kerning & sometimes they still dont look right so I end up making my own [which I find harder than skinning].

So if you already use an off the shelf font please fill me in......this is'nt a pissing contest.

I know....and I wouldn't dare to start one anyway. :wink:

EDIT: For a comparison between the fonts check the first post on the previous page. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Meh

Well Dave its one thing count rivets and be anal about questionable details, its another thing entirely to make a skin completely from scratch. Thus has it been since 2002.

Oh, and here is what I think about rivent counters:

:stink:

Well, I what I tried to say above was that although I wouldn't regret having made those modifications I still felt bad about doing it, since I do believe that in the end it's only up to the modder to decide what his creation will be like. :dntknw:

That's probably the last skin I will be able to finish before real lifeTM kicks in and cuts down the time I can allocate to making those skins.

gallery_22093_126_71671.jpg

That's probably the last skin I will be able to finish before real lifeTM kicks in and cuts down the time I can allocate to making those skins.

Truley a shame Gocad, you have made a great contribution to the sim and this site.

Edited by Icarus999

Well, it's the last skin for now, but by no means my final skin. Nah. :wink:

gallery_22093_126_88083.jpg

What about VF-84 F-8D skin? That will really make my day :yes:

I made a list today and came up with about 40 additional Crusader skins that ought to be done. VF-84 is somewhere in there, but for me it has a rather low priority. I rather do skins of less known units first....and not to mention that I might have a lot less time from now to do any kind of skin. Even repaints of existing skins tend to take away a few hours...

gallery_22093_126_99338.jpg

I made this one a while ago already...it's nothing special, but I do believe that you can't have enough Dash One skins. :wink:

Never was a fan of the Crusader. Looks like a stretched version of the Corsair. :tumbleweed:

The Corsair came after the Crusader. And the Sader is one of greatest fighters of all time.

Well either way....and the Phantom is the greatest fighter. :Stirpoticonwhichisn'tavailable:

Notice I said the Sader was ONE of the greatest fighters. :tongue:

Well either way....and the Phantom is the greatest fighter. :Stirpoticonwhichisn'tavailable:

Whatever floats your boat...

The phantom will always be my favorite but I have to give the crusader it's "props" it fully earned the nickname Mig Master, if you had to get into "knife range" dogfight in Vietnam the men who were there all say it was the best.

gallery_22093_126_136485.jpg

ah....detaildetailsdetails.

Anyway, time to make some skins for the new C version :biggrin: