Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI Historic Mods Thread

That screen should work in WoI, if you include SF's mainscreen.ini

Have a few WoE installs with SF-stye screens. As long as you got the ini for, the game engine don't care

Wrench

kevin stein

How about a theatre appropriate mainscreen. I originally did this for SFP1.

LloydNB

That's a must have! :ok:

When I get bored with other stuff (like finishing off the IDF AD mod for IsrealME, and adding the needed bridges), I go and fiddle with this...having some issues with the mapping, but it's coming along slowly....

idf_s58.jpg

Very nice Kevin. Check your email.

If anyone's interested, I'm building HMS Eagle as she was during Suez (essentially an axial deck, with painted 'angle', etc.). This will be an all-new build (ignore the island........ just a place saver). As to when.............. more than two weeks!!

Eagle1.jpg

Awesome Hinch, thank you!

:yahoo:

1 request if I may: would you use decals for the ship number so that it can be converted into a stand-in Arromanches or LaFayette?

Edited by Johan217

Hi all. I'm new to all things "Third Wire" and I'm having a blast. I can't say thank you enough... Not sure if there is a discussion elsewhere on the Soviet presence in Egypt in 1970 but thought I should post this short description here. It's from a book called Soviet Air Power in Transition . Has potential for some great missions and match ups.

USSR70.bmp

Welcome Harry.

We're so wild about Harry.......ok sorry about that..... couldn't resist. :smile:

:yahoo:

1 request if I may: would you use decals for the ship number so that it can be converted into a stand-in Arromanches or LaFayette?

You'd do better to use my old Albion/Bulwark model for Arromanches, etc. Eagle and Ark Royal were a lot larger than the light fleet carriers of the Colossus Class.

You'd do better to use my old Albion/Bulwark model for Arromanches, etc. Eagle and Ark Royal were a lot larger than the light fleet carriers of the Colossus Class.
Ah well, that settles which model to use for the French carriers. Thanks :)

Just so we don't duplicate effort. I'm currently working on a Harvard for the EAF and Syrian AF. While not a major contributor, the Harvard was used in a ground-attack role during 1948 and 1956.

I've also just picked up "Wings over Suez" by Brian Cull. Its a terrific resource for day by day action during Suez.

LloydNB

Be advised on the Harvard/Texan...you can't assign decals to the vertical tail...it seems it's only mapped 1=sidded, and there many alignment issues (as well as one having the one side), also keep a close eye on the alerions -- both sides MAY still be mapped to the same part of the skin map (lod issue).

Learned some of this the hard way on the T-6G "Mosquito" version I was fiddling with for korea.

Somwhere around here I should have PSD templates; they'll probably need some cleanup work, as I made them a few years ago...

Wrench

kevinstein

Ah well, that settles which model to use for the French carriers. Thanks :)

Well, that was really just a suggestion. I now cringe when I look at Albion/Bulwark. Many mistakes. If their sister Centaur ever gets finished, I hope to rectify them.

Thanks Wrench

Can it be that i've spent hours working on a skin and not noticed that the finflash decal only appears on one side? Quite possibly.

If fact there Harvard are a number of oddities about the mapping of the Texan/Harvard. I spent ages yesterday trying to line up the two sides of the fuselage only to work out that the mapping is the reverse of how it appears on the bmp.

Here's a progress shot. The skin is a development of the Flight Simulator X template that currently exists for the Harvard.

LloydNB

post-2351-1206755031_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

A very basic Eagle takes to the water (in borrowed clothing) for a quick file setup test.............

Eagle2.jpg

OMG Hinch! OMG!

Looking good Hinch. You've captured the painted on angled deck perfectly.

LloydNB

Looking good Hinch. You've captured the painted on angled deck perfectly.

LloydNB

That's accidental. I was just testing the file structure in-game, so borrowed stuff from Ark Royal.................... a quick deck texture.

Lots to do. :biggrin:

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

I posted this in the IAF thread, but if you're not following it, these decals are on this week's new releases at Hannants. Some of you skinners may think they're worth investing in them.

ISRA62 1:72 Israeli AS Kfirs. Includes all markings, numbers etc to build any single or two seat Kfirs from 1976 to 1994 in various Desert or grey camos. Stencil data for 3 aircraft £10.75 £9.15

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA62

ISRA63 1:72 Middle East Meteors. Israeli AF T7, F8 and NF13 in various camos; Egyptian AF Mk 4, T7, F8 and NF13; Syrian AF F8 and NF13; For Xtrakits £10.75 £9.15

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA63

ISRA64 1:144 Middle East C-130 Hercules (16) R.Jordanian AF #346 2002; #347 2005; #344 2006; Egyptian AF #1286 2006; #1273 2005; R.Saudi AF #1625 2003; #1623 2006; R.Moroccan AF CN-AOS 1989; Libya AF #118 2006; UAE AF #1272 2000; #1211 2006 overall grey; Israeli AF #102 1973 4X-FBA; #311 4X-FBD 1992; #314 2006;#208 4X-FBP overall grey FS37375; #007 4X-FBN Modified SEA camo. Unless mentioned all are in various desert camos. £11.50 £9.79

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=ISRA64

I thought I might re-post this.

LloydNB

post-2351-1206822758_thumb.jpg

Nice Lanc!

Damn nice Lanc skin indeed.

Hinch -your Eagle is beautyful too.