Sign in to follow this  
column5

Modding / Permissions

You got the spelling. ;)

And thanks. I have to admit though, its a totally selfish act...I want SF modding to grow to dominate the flight sim world. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

My responses, not necessarily in order of importance.

1. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

2. But, would posters (authors) still have free control of their files. (i.e. could they delete them, all the copies, when they so desired).

3. Would people have a chance to remove stuff, before the new policy kicks in.

4. Is Wrench going to get a day job, otherwise, you may need some terrabyte sized hard drives for the server.

5. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

But, would posters (authors) still have free control of their files. (i.e. could they delete them, all the copies, when they so desired)

If they are you files YOU uploaded, yes.

Would people have a chance to remove stuff, before the new policy kicks in.

You planning on pulling your files?

Is Wrench going to get a day job, otherwise, you may need some terrabyte sized hard drives for the server.

LOL now that is funny.

My responses, not necessarily in order of importance.

1. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I feel liberated, like the day I got my first goldfish with a frickin laser on its head. Muahahahahahahaha!

2. But, would posters (authors) still have free control of their files. (i.e. could they delete them, all the copies, when they so desired).

I can only speak for myself, but I'm giving pretty much carte blanche so I don't see why I would ever have a problem that required removing files. And I would never remove my files from a site just because I got a burr up my ass. That's weak.

3. Would people have a chance to remove stuff, before the new policy kicks in.

I see this as personal decision. No one is required to follow suit but the more who do, the better for the community.

4. Is Wrench going to get a day job, otherwise, you may need some terrabyte sized hard drives for the server.

I thought modding was his day job? :blink:

5. Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!111

...wait so USAFMTL, can I use the F-4EJ's HUD and upload my F-4E+ now after you said no back in November?

If they are you files YOU uploaded, yes.

You planning on pulling your files?

1. Nope

2. Dave, its not like I have anything earthshaking uploaded to the site. I think I have about six or seven things total.

3. I always thought having complete control of the files was a cool thing about Combat Ace.

4. Right now, are you sure, a preson can delete the older copies, when a new revision is uploaded. Because, I am not sure I can do that on the Guadalcanal and Falklands maps right now.

...wait so USAFMTL, can I use the F-4EJ's HUD and upload my F-4E+ now after you said no back in November?

No, I am letting everyone else but you. :biggrin:

I'm in. Not that I have a whole lot of stuff but you never know what may be lurking in the pipeline...

I always thought having complete control of the files was a cool thing about Combat Ace.

You still do.

Right now, are you sure, a person can delete the older copies, when a new revision is uploaded. Because, I am not sure I can do that on the Guadalcanal and Falklands maps right now.

I think we archive older copies etc in case of HD failure. It's a failsafe procedure. So IIRC no you can't only an Admin can. Better to be safe then sorry.

I like it! Like C5 said...credit and don't use for payware.

Good enough for me (which I think already matched what my readme's said).

FastCargo

No, I am letting everyone else but you. :biggrin:

Thank you!

I see capun lurking, you joining the bandwagon, the revolution?

:good:

1. This might be a good idea, but I REALLY think Wrench's stuff should be moved off to a sister site or a dedicated mount point or something.

2. You could call this site COMBAT WRENCH.

3. It took me a long time to find an ACTUAL WW2 plane, so I could download it. I had to wade through about 20 pages of....

4. NO, I am being serious. :yes:

:good:

1. This might be a good idea, but I REALLY think Wrench's stuff should be moved off to a sister site or a dedicated mount point or something.

2. You could call this site COMBAT WRENCH.

You might be on to something there! :biggrin:

I am blown away by this, there are so many modders who want to control everything and this is unheard of. We have some of the most talented modders of any flight sim and this opens the door for many more to join the ranks. Those who have put ego aside for the good of the community get a big :salute: from me!

I am not that talented, i cant make 3D Models and my Skinning skills are limited but like many of us i would like to contribute. I almost always start with someone elses work because of my skill level and many of the custom stuff i have made might soon be available to everyone because of this.

The quality is not so great in my pics because i use an onboard Intel graphics chip, but heres a few things i've done.

These are my Local Heros, The Florida Makos...

vipersel5.jpg

This is the wrong model, but I wanted the YF-22 so it would be available as early as 1991...

raptorsa1.jpg

If things go well with this idea and i can release these skins proper credit in the read me would be given, Thats the right way to do things IMO.

But aside from all that, the fact that this idea was even suggested has taken my respect for our community even higher than it already was! :smile:

THANK YOU ALL!

I am not big time like some of the skinners out there but anyone who wants to use one of my Canuck skins help yourself. :good:

This is awesome. The response is wonderful I hope more step up and say yes to the cause.

Never have I seen a community do anything like this. This is really cool.

not that i have time to make that much stuff

but i always release my stuff under a similar agreement

and its great if more people do...(I've always found some attitudes around here puzzling)

can i suggest (again) :wink:

http://creativecommons.org/license/

why reinvent the wheel :)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!!

214153~Freddie-Mercury-Queen-Posters.jpg

:dance:

not that i have time to make that much stuff

but i always release my stuff under a similar agreement

and its great if more people do...(I've always found some attitudes around here puzzling)

can i suggest (again) :wink:

http://creativecommons.org/license/

why reinvent the wheel :)

Poppy

That is too much work. :biggrin: J/k

Actually, I can see a license like this

88x31.png

working pretty well.

Personally I dissent until further notice.

No one cares. :no:

Well payware is not implied here eightlein. That of course doesn't get a policy like it because its a legitimate business. This is meant for non payware of course. If its payware, you have to buy it period. And that is all good to my friend.

might I sugest a sticky in the knowlege base with a list of evetone who is participating in this?it would cut down on alot of misunderstandings i think.