Sign in to follow this  
column5

Modding / Permissions

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!!

214153~Freddie-Mercury-Queen-Posters.jpg

:dance:

I have that same outfit and will post pics of me in it if more people don't step up.JK I'll not think any less of someone for wanting to have control over their stuff.

Good plan, we can let this thread run a bit until everyone has their say, then compile the results.

Personally I dissent until further notice.

You pulled your mods...... why are you saying anything? Payware was not mentioned.

Why not make this a requirement for hosting here? They get free hosting if they agree to allow mods based on there work, seems fair to me.

I'm not saying we should do it to twist peoples arms, more like if you got it here you would know you could mod it. Granted we would have to give people time to remove there files if they didnt want to do this, but it would solve alot of problems and nobody is forced to do anything, there are other sites where there mod could be hosted.

I am in. People can use my skins/mods tillit is for a freeware. No need to ask my permission, just a single line crediting me in the readme is enough. Great idea C5 :good: !!

This is just fantastic. It really is.

Sorry...

You all will have to continue to kiss my shiny pink tushy. :diablo:

:lmaosmiley:

As everyone knows, I've always had an open-door policy with my mods. All I really ever asked was for a formal request to be made. For my purposes it really only served as a way to keep track of where and whom was using my stuff...

That said, I agree to above stated agreement... Until instances arise to make me change mind.

Think that's fair and amiable?

Edited by Zurawski

That said, I agree to above stated agreement... Until instances arise to make me change mind.

Think that's fair and amiable?

Well as others has stated, it seems to only be a big issue in our community. If you are included in the read me, then what has been hurt in the process? Nothing IMHO. Bottom line, its about fun and if someone's ego has to be stroked about being asked, then the fun has been let out.

Well as others has stated, it seems to only be a big issue in our community. If you are included in the read me, then what has been hurt in the process? Nothing IMHO. Bottom line, its about fun and if someone's ego has to be stroked about being asked, then the fun has been let out.

Oh, but I have such a huge ego and it does so dearly love to be stroked... :rolleyes:

...Are you misunderstanding that I will continue to request permission or that I agree to the premise outlined in the anchor post by Column5?

If so, it was intended for agreeance with Column5's premise...

Edited by Zurawski

Zur,

Too many words my friend...my head hurts!

I think it was just a slight misreading of what you said. Thanks for the support and we definitely appriciate your work!

FastCargo

Oh, but I have such a huge ego and it does so dearly love to be stroked... :rolleyes:

...Are you misunderstanding that I will continue to request permission or that I agree to the premise outlined in the anchor post by Column5?

If so, it was intended for agreeance with Column5's premise...

Both, you agree with the rest of us modders or not is what I am saying.

Both, you agree with the rest of us modders or not is what I am saying.

You my friend, have me offically chasing my tail. :blink:

:dntknw:

You my friend, have me offically chasing my tail. :blink:

:dntknw:

Ok I see you agree. Well I am glad that is cleared up. :biggrin:

Ok I see you agree. Well I am glad that is cleared up. :biggrin:

Whew! That's a relief...

Otherwise I would have had to break out my box of fat Crayolas to explain my intentions! :tomato:

I'm in it.

No payware, credits

Whew! That's a relief...

Otherwise I would have had to break out my box of fat Crayolas to explain my intentions! :tomato:

Well you never know.

Does this mean I can make a repaint of your Tornado cockpit? :biggrin:

Sure, of course. Except you draw nude pics all over the instrument panel. :rofl::haha:

Hmm...I've got plenty of pictures he could use, from my large and extensive collection. That I use for nose art. Of course.

4. Is Wrench going to get a day job, otherwise, you may need some terrabyte sized hard drives for the server.

I thought modding was his day job?

Oh, sure!!! Pick on the unemployed guy!!!! I gotta do something to fill the hours!! :haha:

1. This might be a good idea, but I REALLY think Wrench's stuff should be moved off to a sister site or a dedicated mount point or something.

2. You could call this site COMBAT WRENCH.

You might be on to something there!

What's wrong with my regular site??? Other than needed an update with the stuff from the last 6-8 months....and needing to split The Bird Farm into a couple of pages (it is kinda big right now...too much stuff on that one page)...clearing out all the dirty pictures....

Looks like the consensus is going to be 'everyone gets to use it'. I'm ok with that. Just that a lot of my stuff is based off other's work. A lot of our Dev A-Team stuff, Wolf's WW2 birds, etc.

Fine, ok..whatever... :rolleyes: I'll rewrite my "Legal BS" statement. But I'm NOT taking out the 'bribes accepted' clause!!! (I may be easy, but I'm NOT cheap!!)

I'm just thinking about some things....

Wrench

kevin stein

Credits + No payware? Sounds good to me. :yes:

Hmm...I've got plenty of pictures he could use, from my large and extensive collection. That I use for nose art. Of course.

Oh, sure!!! Pick on the unemployed guy!!!! I gotta do something to fill the hours!! :haha:

What's wrong with my regular site??? Other than needed an update with the stuff from the last 6-8 months....and needing to split The Bird Farm into a couple of pages (it is kinda big right now...too much stuff on that one page)...clearing out all the dirty pictures....

Looks like the consensus is going to be 'everyone gets to use it'. I'm ok with that. Just that a lot of my stuff is based off other's work. A lot of our Dev A-Team stuff, Wolf's WW2 birds, etc.

Fine, ok..whatever... :rolleyes: I'll rewrite my "Legal BS" statement. But I'm NOT taking out the 'bribes accepted' clause!!! (I may be easy, but I'm NOT cheap!!)

I'm just thinking about some things....

Wrench

kevin stein

WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY :biggrin:

Well, when I finally release something it will belong to the community, all I ask for is adoration and a share in any money made :biggrin:

Seriously though, I'm all in, no payware and a mention in credits.

Yep I'm in, BUT you can only reuse my work that you got from a freeware site [ie, Combat Ace, or C5's], you CANNOT re-use [or is it re post] any of my work that came with Yankee Air Pirate.

I may only have two crappy skins but any future mods I'm doing are good to go. Just give me some credit.

Oh, I must ask as a fan of the what-if and fictional stuff, are we freegame to use modders stuff in a mod of our own? I know some modders aren't fans of the fictional stuff at all so I might as well ask now....(so that I can release a mod :wink: ) I've got many fictional mods on my HD waiting for the day they can meet Combatace...

Dear JA 37 Viggen !

I'm intrested in what is your mods, pease tell about or describe it's somewhere (what if).

I think the IDEAS is must freeware ! (but if someone use/steal another person's idea maybe ............bed)

If you don't jealous it's make a little share with Me

sorry if my englis is not brilliant

vulkan

Can I just bring up another little thing?

No payware and credit is all good :yes:

But another thing that is important IMHO

Is share and share alike

No fair to let people have free access to mods….

Only to have someone re-release some of it in a restricted form… :blink:

If people want to use/mod my work (and please feel free)

please if you re-release it, Make it free for others to use in the same way

2cents