Sign in to follow this  
column5

Modding / Permissions

I'm in it.

No payware, credits

I'm in too :biggrin::good:

Can I just bring up another little thing?

No payware and credit is all good :yes:

But another thing that is important IMHO

Is share and share alike

No fair to let people have free access to mods….

Only to have someone re-release some of it in a restricted form… :blink:

If people want to use/mod my work (and please feel free)

please if you re-release it, Make it free for others to use in the same way

2cents

Good point P10ppy. I would suggest everyone include a Readme file explaining their terms of use. Anyone who mods another's file must include the author's original Readme in the next iteration. The original Readme should be included in each and every mod of a mod of the original. In other words even if the mod goes through several editions by different people the original Readme stays in the package. Of course we will be operating on the honor system but I don't thnk that will be a major problem.

I'm in it.

No payware, credits

I'm in too. :good:

... Except you draw nude pics all over the instrument panel. :rofl::haha:

You are killing my enthusiasm! :crazy:

Dear JA 37 Viggen !

I'm intrested in what is your mods, pease tell about or describe it's somewhere (what if).

vulkan

Yeah I'll make a post when I have more screen shots.

I'm in. This is exactly what I stated in my readme's.

I'm joining into this. Anything I have or will do in the future is fine by me, except for the use in payware and I'd like a source mention in the readme. That's all.

You can count my mod offerings on four fingers of your left hand, and they're all based on other's work, but anyone is free to use them for any purpose, other than payware. I think this is a great idea, as long as no one releases any payware part by accident. I do think the idea of a sticky sign up list is good, because that will track the people who have signed on to this, so we don't run into any modder wars again, especially payware modder wars with their threats of lawyers and such. Each modder who agrees could just leave his name on the sticky, sort of a self sign up. I don't think anyone would need a list of mods, just the modder names, because the list would probably crash the server. :biggrin:

Excellent suggestion, fantastic response, count me in :good:

Always have been - this from the BoB campaign Readme:-

"Modding of the campaign files written by baltika for the free use of the community is, however, actively encouraged. Share your results. But if anyone is planning a payware BOB conversion, don't you dare use any of the campaign files in this mod for your bloodsucking financial gain, unless you make me a decent offer first ;-)"

Cheers to one and all :biggrin:

Thanks guys! It looks like everyone who is anyone in the modding community is getting behind this plan. :victory:

Well payware is not implied here eightlein. That of course doesn't get a policy like it because its a legitimate business. This is meant for non payware of course. If its payware, you have to buy it period. And that is all good to my friend.

Thank You Dave for your professional and courteous reply. Seems like my handle is automatically associated with payware, so be it.

Jim, payware was mentioned and I did say "personally" which is regarding my pre-payware freebie mods, regardless if I pulled them or not. Many are out there and have been built upon and modded, to which I have given consent to same in the past, so I knew who, what, where, when and why.

Perhaps I should have made that clear. So I shall. Dave, please put me on the "to be notified" side of the chart regarding any of the freeware mods that have my "name-handle" on it.

I do not give consent to use/mod anything I have personally developed, had a part in, or my "name-handle" attached to regarding any payware I may be associated with.

That should clear things up.

Thank You Dave for your professional and courteous reply. Seems like my handle is automatically associated with payware, so be it.

Jim, payware was mentioned and I did say "personally" which is regarding my pre-payware freebie mods, regardless if I pulled them or not. Many are out there and have been built upon and modded, to which I have given consent to same in the past, so I knew who, what, where, when and why.

Perhaps I should have made that clear. So I shall. Dave, please put me on the "to be notified" side of the chart regarding any of the freeware mods that have my "name-handle" on it.

I do not give consent to use/mod anything I have personally developed, had a part in, or my "name-handle" attached to regarding any payware I may be associated with.

That should clear things up.

Thanks eightlein for joining the cause. :good:

I did not imagine that this response would be this good from everyone. Thank you all.

I wonder if Marcelo, or the Mirage Factory, or A-Team will join.

I wonder if Marcelo, or the Mirage Factory, or A-Team will join.

A-Team will not. You can be certain of that.

Mirage Factory will discuss it. We have a lot of people involved who must all agree, and Oli has the final say as our team leader. Some may not be ready to take this step. 50-50 chance right now probably, so don't be disappointed if it does not happen immediately.

Wrench, The

:haha:

Never knew the community had that many modders.

That is a (fortunately) loooooooong list! :biggrin:

You can add me on (for my, 3 mods)... although if all goes well, I might be adding my fourth soon. :yes:

Everything I've done, and will do, is for the community, and it belongs to everyone to enjoy and hopefully mod further and expand the experience. Therefore if anyone wants to use it, got for it, and please don't ask permission because it's already given. All I ask is you make a good faith attempt at giving credit where credit is due, and let me know if you use my stuff to make something cool because I'll want to play with it too. Mistakes will be made on credits and such, that's just human and it can be corrected, so don't sweat it. Count me in.

I am in agreement with everyone else when i get my mods releasee, include the original read me and just give credit where its due.

Edited by Jarhead1

A-Team will not. You can be certain of that.

Mirage Factory will discuss it. We have a lot of people involved who must all agree, and Oli has the final say as our team leader. Some may not be ready to take this step. 50-50 chance right now probably, so don't be disappointed if it does not happen immediately.

Capun and the A team stated they will keep their file policies in place. Which is fine. It is their stuff. I didn't expect everyone to go along with this.

As C5 said it is in talks at the MF.

For whatever it's worth, you can add the crap I've made to the list.

I do have to make once acception for the Harrier Campaign, since it has several things created by the Mirage Factory and the A-Team included within.

I'll sign on, in case I produce something worth uploading.

wow, this is good. It makes me wish i didn't delete all my super planes...

well, I'm off to release my series of low-res skins!