AWESOME!!! Tauberg's Sword (sorta) I gotta tell taro n the others (runs off to another part of the forum)

Ion cannons from space. That would be scary.

Damn snouts

footfal_coverart.jpg

Yet another Niven/Pournelle fan!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Yet another Niven/Pournelle fan!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

All I see is a midget mutant elephant with sticks hiding from hunters :haha: . But in all seriousness hope this mod comes out soon. Great work, promises to make large-scale battles very...interesting

(Imagines being sent out on a CAS mision only to be called back before reaching allies)

OMG...Tesla's death ray.... or the ID4 invasion. Freaking awesome. Does the satellite /ASAT work with standard terrains? I thought it was limited to the range terrain for some reason or other.

gallery_12105_43_158024.jpg

What happens when you substitute a THOR system for normal AAA on the desert terrain...this is zoomed WAAAAY out.

FastCargo

OMG...WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!

We got Death Star!We got Death Star!We got Death Star!

Actually, I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to use a mod like this in something semi-realistic (ie not Ace Combat...).

Simulate arty bombardment? THOR? MIRVs? Also, I don't know what the upper limit on muzzle velocity is...if I can go to lightspeed, it won't be much fun. You'll never see the one that kills you...

FastCargo

Wrench, I get it man, don't worry! Awesome book.

FC, that's scary man!

Okay folks, time for inputs.

The mod is on hold until I get some ideas from the community for a realistic implementation.

Here are the following limitations:

The 'laser' is simply a VERY long tracer...therefore, the 'head' of the beam is what will kill. The speed can be upped, but there will always be some delay. It can kill aircraft though...as I've found out multiple times. But in essence, it's a very long range gun. This can be compensated for somewhat by making each 'beam' a burst shot...multiple shots in rapid sequence that look like one long beam.

The 'gun' can attack ground targets as well as air targets. It won't attack multiple targets at once however.

Range to get to the ground translates to long horizontal range the higher a potential target flies (think of a SAM envelope, but 'upside down'.

It does not have to be a laser...in fact, it could be invisible if you want to simulate a surface to surface missile attack. Or an artillery bombardment.

In campaign or random single mission mode, the satellite does not move over the map. This could be changed for custom single missions..if the satellite can move. I have not tested this functionality yet. Also, in campaign mode, you will not be tasked to destroy it...that has to be done on your own.

There is a possibility of a 'Satellite' war if there are friendly and enemy satellites...depending on circumstances, they may attempt to target EACH OTHER...

There doesn't have to be an actual model built...this is all ini entries right now for testing.

You still cannot use this mod to attack weapons in flight...that ability does not exist in the TW engine.

What I'm looking for is implementation in a realistic fashion, either based on current/near future tech, or past tech that was never implemented, but was realistically explored (THOR), or use the mod to simulate certain parts of combat that don't exist in the TW engine (artillery, long range missile bombardment). Keep speculation within those boundries. Stuff that's pure 'Ace Combat' will not be considered. But if you want to mod the mod for such a thing, that's obviously fine.

Ideas? Get em out there...

FastCargo