Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Who built this? F7U Cutlass

There was a thread around here the other day that got me thinking, then acting.

Does anyone know who built this bird??? And who did the original skin (that I've repainted and messed with)? Pappychsix??

f7u3m.jpg

Had this sitting on the HD since early 2006, but nothing has ever happened with it. So..been fiddling with it since Saturday; go the weapons dialed in, reskinned, decaled, some etcs (like adding the 2nd engine, and adjusting the AB & exhaust emitters). Still need to make the BuNum decals, and add all the lights and a bunch of little tweeks..

Looking at the data ini, I keep thinking it was Fox Monter, as a LOT of the stuff seems to point back to the F3H Demon.

THere are many flaws with the model; no moving control surfaces, some 'shimmering' around the airbrake meshes - which disappears when airborne; using the F4B pit as it's closest

Needs further data ini tweeks; flight model adjustments, and other systems works. But it don't fly too bad right now ... in fact, it flys much better than it should!! (reading pilot reports in the Naval Fighters #27 -F7U Cutlass - which has some charts)

Load wise, its sort of a combo of the -3, -3M and A2U (which was never built).

So, who's is it???

Wrench

kevin stein

Model may be the one Crab was working on some years ago. No idea on the skin.

I believe that's Marcelo's "Ensign Eliminator", or "Gutless Cutlass".

Yep, that is the Cutlass model, originally done by someone called J P Demmerle, which Marcello ported over to SF I believe. There are a couple of threads about it over at SHQ. However, since Marcello is quite active here, I imagine you'd be able to talk to him about it quite easily. Looking good so far though Wrench :smile:

EDIT:

P.S. Wrench, here's a thread over at C5's site about it...

Cutlass thread

Edited by JimmyBib

Hmm...so it looks like it's up for grabs???

Looks like Pete did a great job on that skin!!

The anti-glare panel forward of the windshield is what's driving me nuts...his panel lines look better too!!

Might need to PM or email him ... point me to the right parts of the map

Wrench

kevin stein

:dntknw:

continue trying and descubrira

Other than the lines being way too dark, I like the look of them around the leading edge slats! Fade them down to about 10-15% visibility

I'd thought about trying to get the access panels on the nose, but decieded against them. Still, I'd like to see the panel line layout on the template...there's some usable stuff there

I just need to make the BuNum decals, find out if it OK for release, and off it goes. FM is still 'way too good'*...but one can assume a finished production model, with the majority of the bugs worked out. having the 2nd engine really helps!!! (ori data ini only had 1 !!!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

*unless somebody wants to fiddle with it

Model creation by J-P "Gray Wolf" Demmerle for FS.

I made the conversion of the model for the SFP1 and I made the basic skins. :ok:

I believe that's Marcelo's "Ensign Eliminator", or "Gutless Cutlass".

ask Marcelo he probably will answer it :)

i've been talking with him these dayse.

Greets marcelo!! Good to see you round again!

So, is it releaseable, as a sort of Beta ++ model??

Be cool to get it out to folks, so they can crash 'em too! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

VOUGHT Aircraft Corp.

the same peeps that made the F4U corsair family :biggrin: of WW2, A-7 CorsairII, F-8 Crusader etc etc.

Being sarcastic

Is it wrong for me to say that it looks...'adorable'?

VOUGHT Aircraft Corp.

You what they say about "third time's a charm"...

F6U Pirate :no:

F7U Cutlass :rolleyes:

F8U Crusader :yahoo:

:biggrin:

Edited by Gocad

the texture of the skin is taking form

Not bad!!! Not bad at all!!!

Trade ya decal positions for the panel line layer in the template!! PM me!

I've gotten all the lights dialed in, excpeting the landing light -- can't quite figure out it's position. Looking at Torno, and the view in Naval Fighters #6, might have to move the wing light inwards a bit

I'd really like to get to out to The People

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Bounder

dont mean to spoil the pot,but any idea when this can come out ,and play? I remember building the model from

LINDBERG

2976_1.JPG

My God!what a jump in the past with Lindbergh kits!!!

I remember the xf-91 thunderceptor!!!!is anyone interested in it???

I wasted a perfectly fine Aurora recon aircraft from Testrors. Sad story.

I still have this one to build (1:72) :grin:

0162.jpg

Back on topic, the Cutlass is one of my fav aircraft! Is it available already somewhere? Off to go searching...

Ha! The MiG-37 Yes!

Actually there is a mighty fine Cutlass for FS2k2...and there are a couple of MiG-37 out there as well even for CFS2...

But on topic, have always liked the Cutlass...saw one at NAS Pensacola...always made me wonder what they were thinking and just how brave the naval aviators were that climbed into that thing and its 4 hp motors...

Hard to imagine how the company that delivered such famous rides actually sold this thing to the Navy...

one of my favs trade mark was monogam,I had (now is years that i've sold everything-a collection of like 300 models in different scales) I had all the Sac bombers-including the french mach 2 brand b/rb 45 tornado-back to monogram I rember my nb-52!

And tha Amt's valkyrie was a really big bird!!!!!!Or the Tamiya's f-15 and tomcat in 1/32-the Skyray and Skyraiders,the whole CVN-65 plus gold medal models etched parts and decals (imagine a 1/350 scale tomcat full stenciled in hi or low viz) plus deck crew and..of course the detail and scale book!What a great memories!!!!!!I'm criyng.......joke...I've sell'em for space and enough time to spend!!!!

Guest Bounder
My God!what a jump in the past with Lindbergh kits!!!

I remember the xf-91 thunderceptor!!!!is anyone interested in it???

what you got the model kit or a mod for the game? aether way sorta curious :dntknw: