What about a TF-29B Doubleseat.

For te name

F-29A Leo

F-29A Puma

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

No, if we stick to tradition it should be named the "Retaliator".

F-29 Lynx :)

I like that. Lynx sounds cool.

Get a life guys, play some ace combat!

anyway, thats my suggestion, F-29 Wyvern

Edited by Silverbolt

If it were an operational fighter I don't see it being adapted for carrier/naval ops. F-5 and F-16 aren't naval type fighters and it falls in line with them more than any of the naval jet fighters. You would be more apt to naming it along the Air Force lines as mentioned before. Bird of Prey names more appropriate. I still think naming it after a knife, or sharp blade weapon would be physically more descriptive but, I digress. :biggrin:

Well every fighter northrop-grumman made has been named after a cat. I vote for Lynx.

Well every fighter Northrop-Grumman made has been named after a cat. I vote for Lynx.

You mean "every Navy fighter"....if you want to get technical, the Northrop F-17 was named the 'Cobra', the F-5 'The Freedom Fighter'. The F-20 was named after a fish....

Which leads me to this idea: How about resurrecting fighter names from WWII? Warhawk II, Cobra II, (etc.)

Just save Mustang II for the F-31

And I saw Manta somewhere for the F-32

You mean "every Navy fighter"....if you want to get technical, the Northrop F-17 was named the 'Cobra', the F-5 'The Freedom Fighter'. The F-20 was named after a fish....

Which leads me to this idea: How about resurrecting fighter names from WWII? Warhawk II, Cobra II, (etc.)

I had a similar idea. :biggrin:

F-27C Warhawk II. I threw together all of my plane drawings into scale a couple days ago after a friend asked. My F-29 Lynx is there too, but not the F-31 Peregrine I did this morning.

aircraftcharthk4.th.png

A question though, Dels. Are you planning on putting in F-5-style cannons in the nose?

Edited by Talos

The WWII idea is a good one. I mean the F-35 is the Lighning II. Good idea. Name all of the X mods after WWII planes :ok:

I had a similar idea. :biggrin:

F-27C Warhawk II. I threw together all of my plane drawings into scale a couple days ago after a friend asked. My F-29 Lynx is there too, but not the F-31 Peregrine I did this morning.

aircraftcharthk4.th.png

A question though, Dels. Are you planning on putting in F-5-style cannons in the nose?

About the cannon, no. I have replaced them with a M61 in the lower right side of the nose.

Let me take the time now to make this disclaimer: As this aircraft never went into service and consequently was never fitted with weapons etc. I have taken some artistic licence.

If anyone is overly miffed by this, I'm happy to discuss. :biggrin:

About the cannon, no. I have replaced them with a M61 in the lower right side of the nose.

Let me take the time now to make this disclaimer: As this aircraft never went into service and consequently was never fitted with weapons etc. I have taken some artistic licence.

If anyone is overly miffed by this, I'm happy to discuss. :biggrin:

Ooohhhh, M61, nice. Can I see how the cannon is mounted on your model? I might steal it (with credits of course, lol), for a stretched Super F-29 I'm working on.

Howabout an F-16/X-29 combo that some have theorized back in the 80's? That's an idea for the future...

Ooohhhh, M61, nice. Can I see how the cannon is mounted on your model? I might steal it (with credits of course, lol), for a stretched Super F-29 I'm working on.

Sure, I'm not at my computer at the moment, but I'll upload a pic later.

Howabout an F-16/X-29 combo that some have theorized back in the 80's? That's an idea for the future...

I have either an illustration or 3 view saved somewhere of that.

Here's a pic from Max of the gun port.

post-2240-1208750396_thumb.jpg

Thanks a bunch, Dels, I'll more then likely go with something like this on mine. You have almost the exact pylon arrangement that I was thinking about, nice to see that it'll fit under the wing.

Keep up the awesome work!

You have almost the exact pylon arrangement that I was thinking about, nice to see that it'll fit under the wing.

Only just!