To those of you who find this subject familiar, I apologise....

I'm getting pretty p**sed off with this at this stage. Would somebody be able to give me a step-by-step guide on how to insert photos to messages here (some of you are probably laughing at this now) and/or tell me where or if I'm going wrong:

1. I click the 'add photo' button on the toolbar.

2. My pop-up blocker appears and I click it to temporarily scripted windows.

3. I then repeat step one above.

4. A propmt then appears asking me to enter the URL for the image

At this point I'm lost :dntknw: . Do I enter the current address at the top of the web- page? I've tried that and a little square appears on the message window.

Please, please, somebody help me on this. It's embarrassing enough but it would save me having to upload images to the Gallery section and then adding the web-link to that page in order for somebody to see the image while posting messages like this.

Here's hoping somebody can help me on this

Are you trying to insert a pic to the post, or to the gallery?

If it's going into a post, you'll need to host it off site (I use photobucket) and then insert the link. There is a way to set up an attachment, but I'm not that familiar with it.

Are you trying to insert a pic to the post, or to the gallery?

If it's going into a post, you'll need to host it off site (I use photobucket) and then insert the link. There is a way to set up an attachment, but I'm not that familiar with it.

It's always when sending it with a post. I've loads of photos in the Gallery

The gallery takes photo's straight from your hard drive but, for me at any rate, photobucket or similar works best for the forum.

The gallery takes photo's straight from your hard drive but, for me at any rate, photobucket or similar works best for the forum.

Pardon for appearing green lads, but what's Photobucket?

This reminds me of the days when I didnt realize the difference betweens a bmp image and a jpeg one and whenever I put a pic up everyone had to download a huge ass bmp.

But Ive got no clue why the ur pop-up blocker is acting like its nobody's business.

Are u working on explorer or firefox.I prefer the latter. Its more slick and unobtrusive.

?action=view&current=ArgentineGreyF-4EPhantomIIFictional.jpg

Hope this came through

Sorry, bro, it did't make it...

Getting pics to link out of the Gallery is something I've yet to figure out too; so I just use my web site to host.

Once I figure out the Gallery thingy, I'd love to post my illustrated tutiorial on 'Adding Targets to Maps'

Opppys edit: it should be the same as linking off site; try this:

Upload to the Gallery.

Right click on the pic, "properties", which will give you the url address. Highligh that, "copy", then go the the post, 'insert pic' --4th button from the left on the top of the posting (looks like a little green square with and orange do-jobby in it), past the link into it, and go from there

I'll have to try that meself...

Wrench

kevin stein

Sorry, bro, it did't make it...

Getting pics to link out of the Gallery is something I've yet to figure out too; so I just use my web site to host.

Once I figure out the Gallery thingy, I'd love to post my illustrated tutiorial on 'Adding Targets to Maps'

Opppys edit: it should be the same as linking off site; try this:

Upload to the Gallery.

Right click on the pic, "properties", which will give you the url address. Highligh that, "copy", then go the the post, 'insert pic' --4th button from the left on the top of the posting (looks like a little green square with and orange do-jobby in it), past the link into it, and go from there

I'll have to try that meself...

Wrench

kevin stein

:good:

I feel your pain bro, i've had the hardest time figuring it out. For me the easiest way to put a photo in a message is to first change the format of your photo from BMP, to a JPEG. Then when you write a message or add a reply, you go to the attachments section then click the browse button which will let you search your hard drive for your pics, select whatever pic, then after that click the upload button and the pic will be inserted into you message. I hope i'm not too confusing.

med_gallery_29988_43_12481.jpg

just testing my little theory....

Wrench

kevin stein

SHould have said really

Convert the pic to a JPEG/ JPG - you can do that by using the Save As in your photo editor (ie gimp, photoshop, Windows picture manager etc)

You shouldnt lose much quality (if you do just install gimp) - and basically you end up with a much smaller file.

PhotoBucket is good in that after you have uploaded your jpg - it has some boxes below it with the links you can copy.

You can then just copy the URL of the image and come back here - click the insert image button then paste the url youve just copied from photobucket into the box