Even after changing the Cyprus targets( such as Larnaka, Kingsfield, Paphos, and Akrotri) alignment to friendly they still appear as enemy(red base ) on the ingame map.

Any clues as to what have I left undone???

I've never claimed to be a terrain guru, but I'll take a stab at it. Perhaps it has to do with the location value?

Ive perused through what seemed most obvious, but how does location value have bearing on the alignment?

Ive perused through what seemed most obvious, but how does location value have bearing on the alignment?

The location name is set in XTERRAIN_nations.ini file, and is what determines boundaries (ie, enemy, friendly, etc). I suspect that if a target is declared as "friendly", and it lies within what's otherwise defined as enemy territory, it will revert to enemy control.

The location name is set in XTERRAIN_nations.ini file, and is what determines boundaries (ie, enemy, friendly, etc). I suspect that if a target is declared as "friendly", and it lies within what's otherwise defined as enemy territory, it will revert to enemy control.

HMM...especially if I introduce units into the area 3 days past the enemy offensive with Beirut on the strategic nodes.

Well just as a pebble cast on placid waters, what do you think, if, God forbid, History repeat itself and the U.S come to the aid of Israel, does a squadron of F-22s in Herzilia sound out landish or would they be better off in say Cyprus?

Is this from the Isreal2 upgrade I released a while back???

You might want to check the terrain's nations and movements ini, as they define the 'locations'

Wrench

kevin stein

Just a thought, you may also have to change the Frontline co-ordinates so your friendly bases are on the friendly side.

For what it is worth:

Check all of your targets (an example below)

[TargetArea001]

Name=Al Udeid Air Base

Position=385000.000000,734000.000000

Radius=4000.000

ActiveYear=1950

Location=1 <------------------------------------------- Make sure the number "1" is used for "FRIENDLY", "2" is for "ENEMY"

Alignment=FRIENDLY <-------------------------------

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield4.ini

NumSquadrons=6

Actually, the Location= parameter in the Terrain_DATA.ini corresponds to a location in the Terrain_NATIONS.ini. While in most maps, it may corespond with say, friendly locations are 1, enemy locations are 2, if you look at a map such as WoV's VietnamSEA, you'll get this:

[Theater]

TheaterName=Southeast Asia

Location001=South Vietnam

Location002=Thailand

Location003=North Vietnam

Location004=Cambodia

Location005=Laos

Location006=China

Location007=Burma

Location008=Hainan Island

Location009=Gulf of Tonkin

Location010=South China Sea

Although I am not entirely sure, my guess as to the purpose of these parameters are to keep the player's missions within a reasonably spaced area, so that the player does not run out of fuel on the way to the target area; for example, if your airfield is in location 1 (South Vietnam), you'd be more likely to be assigned to hit targets in location 1, as opposed to other target areas.

As for the original question, I'm pretty sure, that as Baltika said, it has to do with the frontlines; since a target behind the enemy frontline would be considered captured and under enemy control, no matter its side designation. The frontline is located in the Terrain_MOVEMENT.ini

The side selection comes with the

line

Alignment=FRIENDLY

or

Alignment=Enemy

Friendly stands for Blue side

Enemy for Red side.

Location is only used in Campaings for the briefing screen where you can read the name of the base and the location of the base.

For instance Ramat David, Israel.

If you has make no mistakes the changing of the alignment should do the job without problems.

See I start with an enemy offensive so I figure that changes the whole thing.