Sign in to follow this  
THEJETDEMON

Doomsday

Doomsday  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Russia's withdrawal from NATO is a precursor to the alleged "END OF THE WORLD" in 2012 predicted by the Mayans

• yes
    • No
    • undecided

I think someone got pissed at someone else and said If they are a part of this club, I am not staying, and decided to quit, that simple, in my opinion.

Russia was never part of NATO. They just broke off communication with the Organization. All it does is set the stage for a new Cold War. No Armageddon.

Think if it starts a new cold war and problems escalate worse than the first cold war we might destroy each other and I really dont want that to happen

Edited by THEJETDEMON

I dont really care to much about it, but maybe thats just the extreme frustration with people thats talking...(I go to school with dumb people that care about the completely wrong things)

Funny thing is, I watched a show about this the other night. Apparently the Dec 21st 2012 date correlates to various prophecies. Particularly a chinese astrological book that some guy calculated into something like a time waveform. It correlated from the time the book was written to now, most high and low points in history (like the fall of the roman empire, bubonic plague, renaissance, disovery of america, the world wars) and takes a serious dive and cuts off shortly after the 21st century.

The way they presented it, it looked more like an astrological event. They also talked of a pole shift (re-orientation of the earth's magnetic field) They got what would happen fundamentally wrong. They made it out as if the earth's rotational axis would shift, citing knowledge of artic areas formerly know to have been in the tropics (continental drift, not suddenly jerking earth's orbit) The reality of a pole shift is merely the north/south poles flipping their polarity. I'm not sure, but I think that would leave us highly vulnerable to the sun's radiation and could screw up our electronics (maybe even like a massive EMP blast) ad if that were to happen, the end of the world might be because of our technology going haywire, like nukes going off accidentally or something.

That day also corresponds with a particular alignment of the Earth, sun and moon with the supermassive black hole in the center of the galaxy. Could it be the amplified tug of gravity causes such a pole shift?

Another thing to look at is the appearance of a supposed time traveler, generally thought to be an incredibly well done hoax, John Titor. A guy appeared on the internet asking about particular computers and it slowly became known he was from the future and needed a particular model to translate programming languages. He was goaded into telling of future history, claiming a civil war in america and a nuclear war in 2015, but said obviously the world didn't end in 2012 because he was from 2030-something. Very creepily, he alluded to invading Iraq under a false pretext of WMDs back in Nov 2000 to march 2001. When researched, alot of the science he mentioned checks out, so whoever did this was very astute about advanced physics, geopolitics and engineering.

Edited by eraser_tr

Thats one way of looking at it :haha:

But, maybe a little too much for our younger audiences...

Edited by i90807065

Did they quit communicating before or after Georgia?

It might have been to avoid NATO getting involved.

I think the Russkies have enough domestic problems at home to worry about.

I think they are just trying to find their place in the world order.

If it starts,it will be some other country starting it.

I hope the US and Russia have the wherewithall to avoid any massive strikes.

But,I watched that show also,It's creepy when all of the prophecies start to say the same thing.

Edited by ezlead

:rolleyes:

I'm with Silverbolt on this one. Heck I can remember people preparing

for the "end" when it turned 1 January 2000 (Y2K). Stuff like this is nothing

but a load of conspiracy theory rubbish. :haha:

:rolleyes:

I'm with Silverbolt on this one. Heck I can remember people preparing

for the "end" when it turned 1 January 2000 (Y2K). Stuff like this is nothing

but a load of conspiracy theory rubbish. :haha:

You may have a point

How about: "None of the Above."? The "world" isn't going to end in 2012. Nor will it end at the battle of Armageddon. Also Armageddon is a miss-spelling of Har Megiddo. Har means hill in Hebrew. Megiddo is a town in the Jezreel Valley where the Russian forces encamp with their Muslim Confederacy as Western forces and a 200 million man Asian army converge to this location. This scenario is more likely to occur the way things are going now. A big battle to say the least but in the end the world goes on. Different, but still going. You can see a bunch of hills in this area if you look at it from that Google Earth program. Good place for defensive positions along with a couple of airstrips for resupply. But trust me, I have it from a good authority that the world won't end on that date. Also, does anyone know what this year is according to the Mayan calender? The Hebrew date is 21 Av 5768. Or 5,768 years since the creation of Adam. I know Russia has its own calender as well as the Chinese since not everybody relies on the BC-AD crap the Romans came up with.

-YoutubeVideo-

-YoutubeVideo3-

-YoutubeVideo4-

Edited by Roopod

Pffft, If I was runnin this little pop-stand we call earth, I woulda hit the reset button a long time ago,,,

Not to mention that technically, the Gregorian calendar that we use, is off by several years at least. I believe it is already 2012 or later according to historical research. If I remember correctly, I believe the actual year 0 is by our calendar 3 or 4 BC.

There may be small elements of truth to those "predictions" but I tend to agree with Silverbolt in general.

Anyway, I think Russia's interests/actions merely set the stage for future conflicts, including but not limited to a new (or continued, if you like) Cold War. Russia's ties with Iran as well as its actions in Georgia set the stage for plenty of potential conflicts in the Middle East - mostly related to energy resources, though there are security issues with Israel, even Iraq, that could come into play as well. And that is by no means a comprehensive list. There's security issues between N and S Korea, areas of Africa, etc.

I see potential for a lot of wars in the future, but I seriously doubt we will see a Doomsday scenario. I think countries that have many nuclear weapons realize there is little profit in using them. This can be seen in recent history. Although The Bomb was dropped twice in anger in WWII, no one has used it since then. And there certainly hasn't been any shortage of war. The wildcard comes in from small nations without much to lose, or more likely terrorists. Large or established nations would rather fight a conventional war that they have a chance of winning and gaining something from their efforts.

There maybe wars in the future, but I do not think the Russians will take it Nuclear

Keep your eye on Pakistan though...

The Russians aren't any more inclined to do anything that results in their destruction now than they were before. They will only do what they think they can get away with. The sticky point right now is NATO, Europe, and the US need to be strong enough to take a FIRM, unwavering stand and let them know what they can't get away with.

Yes, the year is all arbitrary, but I think those predictions are calculated to the point in time we would consider 2012....the Mayans most certainly did not use a Roman based calendar. It's all very creepy regardless of its statistically enormous likelihood of utter BS.

Had a long talk about this with my father, he thinks we've brought this about with our aggressive posture towards Iran, and russia is reacting defensively against (a paranoid) attack by the west, having put missiles in Poland. He also thinks Putin is playing chess to tear apart NATO and the relationship Europe has with America. By the threatened invasion of Poland, he thinks we can't do a damn thing about it beyond our response to georgia and that Europe will either sue for peace or be on its own against russia since we're tied up in Iraq.

It may be all the games with the same exact scenario, but I think its just russian resurgence to the soviet days. I think the idea of tearing apart NATO is ludicrous and that if Poland was attacked, we certainly have a diminished capacity, but we absolutely will defend our friends. I think a russian attack on Poland or anywhere else, would do more to solidify Europe and America's ties even further instead of break them. Even with the rest of the world's disdain for our aggressive foreign policy and Iraq, when it comes down to something as big as a showdown with Russia, we're still allies.

How about: "None of the Above."? The "world" isn't going to end in 2012. Nor will it end at the battle of Armageddon. Also Armageddon is a miss-spelling of Har Megiddo. Har means hill in Hebrew. Megiddo is a town in the Jezreel Valley where the Russian forces encamp with their Muslim Confederacy as Western forces and a 200 million man Asian army converge to this location. This scenario is more likely to occur the way things are going now. A big battle to say the least but in the end the world goes on. Different, but still going. You can see a bunch of hills in this area if you look at it from that Google Earth program. Good place for defensive positions along with a couple of airstrips for resupply. But trust me, I have it from a good authority that the world won't end on that date. Also, does anyone know what this year is according to the Mayan calender? The Hebrew date is 21 Av 5768. Or 5,768 years since the creation of Adam. I know Russia has its own calender as well as the Chinese since not everybody relies on the BC-AD crap the Romans came up with.

Have you read Ivor Powell's book: "What in the World Will Happen Next?"?

The West's limp wristed response to the rape of Georgia by Russia will only embolden their next violent venture. Which may in fact occur through their alliance with Iran. Iran’s President Ahmadinejad sees himself as a deputy of the hidden twelfth Imam, or Mahdi, whose divine mission is to encourage his arrival by creating a worldwide conflict. The arrival of this Mahdi will usher in a worldwide caliphate that will bring justice and peace to a worldwide Islamic Empire. One thing everybody should realize is that they are already committed to waging asymmetric warfare against the West as represented by the EU, USA, and Israel. Iran has been at war with the US since the Ayatollah took control in 1979.

I haven't read Ivor Powell's book as of yet. I find Hal Lindsey to be a good read though.

Edited by Roopod

The West's limp wristed response to the rape of Georgia by Russia will only embolden their next violent venture. Which may in fact occur through their alliance with Iran. Iran’s President Ahmadinejad sees himself as a deputy of the hidden twelfth Imam, or Mahdi, whose divine mission is to encourage his arrival by creating a worldwide conflict. The arrival of this Mahdi will usher in a worldwide caliphate that will bring justice and peace to a worldwide Islamic Empire. One thing everybody should realize is that they are already committed to waging asymmetric warfare against the West as represented by the EU, USA, and Israel. Iran has been at war with the US since the Ayatollah took control in 1979.

I haven't read Ivor Powell's book as of yet. I find Hal Lindsey to be a good read though.

You should read it bro. It's really interesting and a tad bit on the creepy side.

Which may in fact occur through their alliance with Iran.

You can't be serious! With Iran? You mean the Iran-that's-situated-between-Iraq-and-Afghanistan Iran? No one allies with Iran. In global politics, their friendship is a political cancer. Even Indonesians, the largest (conservative?)Muslim state on the planet find Iran to be too extremist. The Russians have to wade through mountains of paperwork just to send them non combat military goods, so it's much easier for Iran to go through China, as they are right now. And when they become a liability for the PRC, they (the PRC) will cut their ties immediately. Possibly when their oil runs out maybe... so it may be a while yet. I still think the bigger threat is a fundamentalist Pakistan, after all, they're already nuclear armed, and the assurances about the safety of said nuclear material isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Russian is not USSR,at most it is power is 1/3 USSR before 1990.

But NATO is NATO,it's power is at least 150% NATO before 1990

Edited by Erwin_Hans