C-17 40%

C-5 40%

FW-189 uhu 65%

Piaggio P-108 100%

O-2 Skymaster 95%

TU-95 Bear ( 2 versions ) 100%

Dassault Dreguet Atlantic 40%

Lockheed Hudson 50%

found a great mapping video and slowly getting the hang of it :read: PITS,FM'S AND SKINS hmmm thats another story

Most are at least 60% done again ...((( Ed starts doing his song and tap routine))) :dance: anyone interested in helping out plese feel free to let me know

Edited by Veltro2k

If you need volunteers, I would love to help with flight models for the Voodoos (already got one in development for erikgen's version) and F-102 (I can update and adapt my F-106 data). I can also adapt the WOI Vautour flight model to yours, to save you some time.

If you need volunteers, I would love to help with flight models for the Voodoos (already got one in development for erikgen's version) and F-102 (I can update and adapt my F-106 data). I can also adapt the WOI Vautour flight model to yours, to save you some time.

That would be great...the 102 Is being mapped by a friend and should be ready for skinning soon, Vautour , f-101 ,stirling,wellington,p-108,Mig-31 complete just waitng for mapping and skinning

I have now air, for some extra work.

if you need a skinner, i´m there. :angel:

make sure to get lithunwrap it is a must for UVW mapping (also my most hated part of making a model without a doubt)

make sure to get lithunwrap it is a must for UVW mapping (also my most hated part of making a model without a doubt)

I use Ultimate unwrap 3D

still havent perfected my skills, keep on running into this problem

mig-31-4.jpg

That would be great...the 102 Is being mapped by a friend and should be ready for skinning soon, Vautour , f-101 ,stirling,wellington,p-108,Mig-31 complete just waitng for mapping and skinning

I guess I should volunteer to do the C-5 flight model also, for obvious reasons... :biggrin:

Just shoot the models to me when they are ready and I'll jump on them.

Really looking forward to the two-seater Vautour.

Keep up the good work!

Really looking forward to the two-seater Vautour.

Keep up the good work!

its all set to go...was completed 6 months ago.....just needs mapping and skinning

VN.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k

Dammit, just use the built-in max unwrapping tools along with the texporter plugin! From version 7 onwards, max has unwrapping tools so far ahead of lithunwrap et al that there is no reason at all to use external programs. You can look for unwrapping video tutorials on Youtube if you're having trouble. Start with a really small model, like a car or something, and do that from start to finish: Model -> Unwrap -> Texture, so that you get an idea of the pipeline necessary to complete a realtime model before trying something complex like an aircraft, or chances are just you'll get stuck and lose interest.

*Edit: Say what, there are excellent max tutorials on www.3dtotal.com if you navigate to "free stuff" -> "tutorials".

Edited by Julhelm

i don't want to hurry you but when do you release them ??

can't wait to fly a couple of those planes, really loooking forward to it :good::good::good::good:

When you get to the C-141 FM, I've a copy of the flight manual that I wouldn't mind scanning for someone to reference.

Julhelm is right. Mapping is boring but not difficult with newer versions of Max. Doing a good job is critical for having good skins. That being said, I'll help map something if you so desire.

Edited by Timmy

@ Veltro: Impressive dude! :hi:

(I think I love you! :blush2: )

I guess I should volunteer to do the C-5 flight model also, for obvious reasons... :biggrin:

Just shoot the models to me when they are ready and I'll jump on them.

C-5 not quite done yet

c5.jpg

Edited by Jarhead1

STOP RIVET COUNTING

Really, what razgriz31m said is not rivet counting, there's no aggravating or harmful intent, the guy just made a statement concerning the scale of the intakes on the Foxhound. Perhaps it would have been better with a link to some reference material or orthgraphic projections for comparison, but all the same. All of us notice and do not notice different things respectively. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the intakes, but that's just my own opinion. If you want an example of real 'rivet counting', look here...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18191

Really, what razgriz31m said is not rivet counting, there's no aggravating or harmful intent, the guy just made a statement concerning the scale of the intakes on the Foxhound. Perhaps it would have been better with a link to some reference material or orthgraphic projections for comparison, but all the same. All of us notice and do not notice different things respectively. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the intakes, but that's just my own opinion. If you want an example of real 'rivet counting', look here...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18191

Ur right, I just read it wrong. I should have thought about it before I posted, I am sorry, but I have a habit of doing that from time to time. And like I said, I just read it wrong, the way I see what he wrote may be different from what u see written.

Its tough--and I'm guilty of reacting badly to it at times--but we have to be able to accept criticism if we are to get better.

Veltro, it's looking good! Can't wait to shoot down some bombers in it! (Is it me or have I said that like 20 times about your MiG-31? :haha: If so, please accept my apology of being repetitive.)

Have people honestly gone that far regarding Rivetcounting? Complaining about vents?