Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Crazy Ed's updated WIPS LIST

Veltro, it's looking good! Can't wait to shoot down some bombers in it! (Is it me or have I said that like 20 times about your MiG-31? :haha: If so, please accept my apology of being repetitive.)

Have people honestly gone that far regarding Rivetcounting? Complaining about vents?

Dont mind them anymore...My new saying is....If you dont like it, build your own !! "

Dont mind them anymore...My new saying is....If you dont like it, build your own !! "

At the end of the day, that's the bottom line. :good:

At the end of the day, that's the bottom line. :good:

you the man Jim :bowdown2:

Really, what razgriz31m said is not rivet counting, there's no aggravating or harmful intent, the guy just made a statement concerning the scale of the intakes on the Foxhound. Perhaps it would have been better with a link to some reference material or orthgraphic projections for comparison, but all the same. All of us notice and do not notice different things respectively. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the intakes, but that's just my own opinion. If you want an example of real 'rivet counting', look here...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18191

Unbelievable!!!! "I demand that you correct it immediately". What an A- Hole. :fuk:

Edited by Icarus999

it was just my own opinion. and i didn't expect people to react like this. I'm sorry ok?

Dont be sorry bro, I was an ass for jumping down ur throat like that, its just that we had a rash of rivet counters a while back ad for a sec I feared you were one, for that I apologize.

it was just my own opinion. and i didn't expect people to react like this. I'm sorry ok?

Razgriz31M, sorry if you misunderstood my last post, it was not directed at you. check out the link in jimmybibs post that was what I was talking about.

I understand everything, and lets now forget these things as we are already hijacking the thread LOL :smile:

you the man Jim :bowdown2:

Veltro2k, you da man. Really looking forward to flying all of these. Those who would complain from one screen shot need to do so after a better analysis or, as I assume would be accepted better, from a specific reference. I, for one, think they all are great!

Giving a heads up.............will post UV MAps of the MIG tomorow ...just needs panel lines and skin ...who ever is interested let me know please

MIG-31A MAPS .........needs panel lines and skin

MIG31MAPS.rar

Edited by Veltro2k

Maybe we can ask Sundowner, he paints Migs well. Or Stormtrooper.

My honest advice would be to paint it yourself. Look at the other skins and analyse for yourself how they are done, and practice doing the same things. All you really need is to use the line and darken/lighten tools, and remember that as long as you're doing this for yourself, it doesn't have to be perfect or as good as everybody elses or whatever yardstick you're using. The important thing is that it is YOU who paint it, because only by painting stuff can you get better at painting. So start painting post your work here, and you can bet people will help you out with advice and crits.

My honest advice would be to paint it yourself. Look at the other skins and analyse for yourself how they are done, and practice doing the same things. All you really need is to use the line and darken/lighten tools, and remember that as long as you're doing this for yourself, it doesn't have to be perfect or as good as everybody elses or whatever yardstick you're using. The important thing is that it is YOU who paint it, because only by painting stuff can you get better at painting. So start painting post your work here, and you can bet people will help you out with advice and crits.

Thank you Jules for the vote of confidence........I am in fact slowly learning with some tutorials... just as I learned modeling and Mapping by my self , eventually will learn skinning...meanwhile to get some models out earlier...

Looking good! :good:

will release it soon as a Beta