Sign in to follow this  
Spectre_USA

So, Dave, is that a J-Stars in your sig?

And, if so, will it be of any use to mud-movers in the Thirdwire sims, or just a tempting target for the enemies of the air?

Yes, I did a search, and found no other references to the pic, so whazzup?

:biggrin:

Its for the DS mod, we got all sorts of goodies in that thing. Up to Beta 1.7.1 making it SP5 compatible.

Its for the DS mod, we got all sorts of goodies in that thing. Up to Beta 1.7.1 making it SP5 compatible.

Dave, what's the size of that mod now? Seriously. It's gonna be huge, right? :biggrin:

Dave, what's the size of that mod now? Seriously. It's gonna be huge, right? :biggrin:

900MB! And we have more stuff to add.

that will start to give my new harddrive a workout. i say bring it on!

By the way that is 900MB zipped.

Will the DS mod require a clean install like the Falkland mod?

Yes a clean install of WOE patch to SP5 (Sept 2008 patch).

thats a cool J-Stars you have there, where can we download that mod when its ready ??

thats a cool J-Stars you have there, where can we download that mod when its ready ??

You're kidding right? I will give you 3 guess' where you can download the mod and your first 2 don't count. :blink::biggrin:

Whew thats gonna be a big mod! Cant wait to see it as it will be well worth the wait and hard drive space!

Darn that site is down, I'll try again in two weeks LOL

BTW Dave is too much to ask if total F-15 nuthead could except a once mentioned new Mudhen cockpit in those 900MB+? :D

Darn that site is down, I'll try again in two weeks LOL

BTW Dave is too much to ask if total F-15 nuthead could except a once mentioned new Mudhen cockpit in those 900MB+? :D

Sorry no Mudhen pit. Do not have anyone to finish the one started in the time frame we need it done.

There is a few aircraft we wanted in the mod (and had put into the mod as beta's, i.e. F-117A, PR.9 to name a few) but the people who were making them won't have them done in time because as you know real life takes priority. That is completely understandable too. We are hoping to release this month before one of our members has to leave for England for an extended period of time, which will basically shut the mod down until he returns.

We'll update this as time goes on, and new models are released.

I hate not having the F-117 and the Mudhen pit, but there's so much else to the mod, it's worth releasing now without them, and adding them as they become available.

The other biggy I'm going to start on after this first drop, is a larger map. The current map isn't large enough to have all the bases that Coaltion AC flew from.

The map I've started will have every base used with the exception of the Buff's that flew from Diego Garcia.

The map I've started will have every base used with the exception of the Buff's that flew from Diego Garcia.

So it will have Barksdale AFB, LA, bases in the UK (RAF Fairfield?) and Spain (Rota?) though.

:rofl::rofl:

Just kidding, sounds good though.

Seriously, I was looking forward to those 33+ hr missions for my days off!

Glad to see that this conflict is getting a rework :)

Since the F-117 mod will not make it in time for the DS release, then how about using the F-19 as a substitute?

Since the F-117 mod will not make it in time for the DS release, then how about using the F-19 as a substitute?

Good thought but trying to keep this as close as we can.

Already got enough testers.

So, will it be in a Auto-Install, as JSF's Harrier campaing?

Yeah, it'll be 4 or 5 self installing executables. Since it's 900 mb's, we've been asked to split it up for bandwidth reasons.