Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

CVN-75 Beta .5 Teaser Video - HQ 720p Availible

Im Going to make some changes to certain parts to try and lower the poly count and stuff, but please note that Older systems with older video cards May not like this version because of the poly count, im also working on either getting the game to add lights the way it should or I'll find a way to add lights using less polygons and make them more visible when on final approach.

Download Original HD 720p WMV File (WMV 9 Advanced Image Profile @ 6 MBit Sec and WMA 10)

RAPIDSHARE:

http://rapidshare.com/files/154717038/CVN-75.wmv.html

Stream

You Tube:

Myspace:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=44719550

Very nice mr overlord. Glad to see your still here.

A question: Why have the parked planes make the bow cats useless? I think it'd look much better with a couple fewer planes around the lifts and perhaps some deck crew.

I actualy thinks it looks more realistic that way. This is the way aircraft are parked on the real thing and it makes landing and taking off possible from the same flight deck configuration. Flight crew and some more aircraft areound the elevators would be cool. Awsome job guys. About time someone started putting statics on sircraft carriers. 3 thumbs up keep it up :good::good::good:

Helluva nice job DO.!

WIPS coming soon in Yankee Air Pirate v2. Poor Richard in recovery config.

Ranger in recovery config, Connie in launch config. Group shot in recovery config, Ranger, Tico, Oriskany, Oiler Misipillion, DD Obrien. Wave off on the Tico. Its still a bugger to trap at night. Does not matter if your meatballs are homemade or canned.

deck2.jpg

Ranger1.jpg

group1.jpg

trap01.jpg

trap02.jpg

trap03.jpg

trap04.jpg

I would agree with Julhelm. I like ships that are in a kind of neutral phase of launch and recovery. Some planes near the island and on the elevators, some crew, etc.

A question: Why have the parked planes make the bow cats useless? I think it'd look much better with a couple fewer planes around the lifts and perhaps some deck crew.

Im working on deck crew, and will try and tie animations to the catapult sequences for some, but im already near 60,000 Polygons, so the polygons I cut by adjusting how I do the lighting will prolly goto simple crew models being placed on deck, im also not happy with the Textures I did for the Island, it looks too plain, so I dunno if Im gonna re-do the textures or not, or just adjust them some, I also have to put the lighting layer back on the island, that was in V.2 but not in the V.3 release, but I've started working on low res crew models, and if worse comes to worse, I'll just use 2D Sprite maps (sorta like FS2002 did), but I'd rather do lowpoly 3d models so I can map their uniforms and whatnot, Also Might remove 2 or 3 Static planes cuz at 4,000 Polygons a piece, that will give me more room for other things (mules, etc), I have my E-2C model, but that's 6,000 Polygons, so I'd have to remove 2 Hornets to put that on deck (and save 2,000 Polygons in the process), then fill in the space with something else I guess.

I also have to do alot of checking on the X,Y,Z coordinates and Min/Max Extents, cuz I think I adjusted the psotion of the ship in 3ds Max, so the coordinates havent been adjusted in the INI, Im also Starting to down res the model to at least half the poly count for far away distances, and maybe for shadowing (might have to just build a basic outline shape for shadowing, bottom line is I was hoping to have a package released by X-Mas.

eightlein, are you using 3d nodes for lighting on your ships or using The game engine and placing lights in the INI files?, cuz everytime I've tried to add lights through the INIs the games crash with a general error from the DLL. and Right now the Landing strip and Perimeter lights are tallying up to about 400 Polygons, and the Fresnel assembly lighting nodes add up to about another 300.

So This is what It looks like in 3ds Max 7:

061-CVN_10-16-08-001.jpg

Rendered In Max 7:

062-CVN_10-16-08-001.jpg

Edited by Digital-Overload

Looks fabulous. Is there any chance you could include the other Nimitz carriers as well?

Hey DO.

I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.

Glad to see your still hanging around.

I always liked those BIG ships you were making. :good:

Helluva nice job DO.!

WIPS coming soon in Yankee Air Pirate v2. Poor Richard in recovery config.

Ranger in recovery config, Connie in launch config. Group shot in recovery config, Ranger, Tico, Oriskany, Oiler Misipillion, DD Obrien. Wave off on the Tico. Its still a bugger to trap at night. Does not matter if your meatballs are homemade or canned.

OHH!!! Please say Hotel 43 is going to be in the fleet too?

BTW really nice job D.O. I'll make many traps and shots from her fighticating the evil doers LOL a little Bushism...

Hey DO.

I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.

Glad to see your still hanging around.

I always liked those BIG ships you were making. :good:

Beautiful work, DO. Sweet.

I...I think I just died and woke up in carrier heaven. Just how much excitement can any normal human, carrier-loving being be expected to take? Great work, DO, and YAP2 looks like Yankee Station paradise.

Digital Overload: Stock WOV lighting. I am not being evasive, but I am not at liberty to discuss the workings as it is not my property.

Colmack: Yes.

Rovert97: As in the real thing? No. Its more of a guide so you dont trap the wrong way down a one way street.

eightlein, who's the mastermind behind lighting on the ships?, i've been tinkering with it since the last patch and still cant get them to work, I might do a fresh install, patch, then install the carrier on a new install... so far i keep getting a general error involving either the .exe file or the .dll file

Nice work DO. It's going to be a great ship.

Quick Update, I've tweaked the E-2C Model I had to below 6,000, Im gonna remove two F-18s from the deck, which will give me back 2600 or so polygons, then start to work on the lighting and getting the poly count on that done, then I'll start working on getting so low poly crew models built, so I should have about 3200 Polys to play with after I tweak everything, so now the E-2C model is placed by the Island in prep mode, engien running but the wings are still folded, yes, the props are animated, and yes, I've mixed the E-2C engines in the the Ambient Sounds for the ship.

after all the model stuff is tweaked, I have to install a fresh copy of each game and load as many Carrier based planes and test them on EACH game, so that will take a while..

Quick Video of the New Layout:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=45085173

Some Images:

064-CVN_10-22-08-001.jpg

063-CVN_10-22-08-001.jpg

Hey DO, just thinking here, for those of us who aren't too keen about having the bow cats blocked, would it be possible to release a seperate model with the jets removed from the bow and placed along the side with the 4 cats and landing area clear?

Nice work Digital Overlod!!! But I've a question.....will you also lifts leading to the hangar? and

then fill the flight deck of aircraft?

However good model to take your breath away!

Federico