Well... this is strange. Yes I've downloaded, yes I dropped it in the appropriate folder, and of course read the readme. But I see no J-10 in the selection list. Something I missed?

Well... this is strange. Yes I've downloaded, yes I dropped it in the appropriate folder, and of course read the readme. But I see no J-10 in the selection list. Something I missed?

Isn't it called Chengdu J-10?

lol :smile:

Will try Erwin :good:, I figured the folder name was the issue, and was right, thanks!

Mine shows up as the IAF Lavi...

Always with the Lavi. Let it go man... :biggrin::rofl:

Besides, I always thought it looked like the bastard offspring of an F-16 and a Gripen. :tongue:

What can I say?

It is a bitchen bird!

I am so pleased with it, I haven't even tried to USAF-asize it, which is saying a lot!

:blink:

I am so pleased with it, I haven't even tried to USAF-asize it, which is saying a lot!

I gotta say Spec, that's shown remarkable restraint on your part! :biggrin:

Pretty close almost to X-31 to USAF-asize.Not trying to offend,just a thought.

I gotta say Spec, that's shown remarkable restraint on your part! :biggrin:

Yes, sometimes I amaze even myself. :grin:

As to the X-31, hrr-rrmm.

Interesting idear. I hadn't thought of it... :crazy:

Edited by Spectre_USA

Thanks Erwin, it worky now, least saw it in the drop down menu, much appreciated!

post-16817-1225438887_thumb.jpg

Here's what I was talking about Spectre_USA

Don't let them get to ya Spectre.

I want a Lavi also, I was kinda disappointed when WOI did not have one. I know it was canceled but it was canceled due to cost and political reasons more than its ability. It was expensive and the US did not want it competing with the F-16 in the export market because it was almost an even match for the Viper.

Maybe one day a modder will release one, until then your stand-in looks pretty cool! :good:

Yeah, they'll always cancel something that's really great. Yesterday, I read that RAH-66 Comanche project was canceled due to big costs. I mean... WTF?? USA don't realize that Russians didn't cancel KA-50/52. They use it already, I've saw it in Chechnya. IMO, if Russia sells any of that choppers to any of USA's enemies, then I'll pray for US troops, because they'll be like a dead meat to KA-50/52s. And seriously? US army doesn't have a chopper which could face such beast, like KA-50/52. AH-1 is old, Apache is better in use against heavily defended ground targets. Comanche had it's characteristics which made it a great chopper, the only chopper that could really face KA-50/52.

['] for Comanche:(

Well, I saw the match pretty quickly with the Lavi, but not so much with the X-31, as the canards are well forward on it.

As to the skins shown, I had made my own, but just after I posted a pic in the screenie of the month thread, Mannie put together a skin that put mine to shame.

It is the one you see pictured above.

I had forgotten who had done this darker skin, mine was lighter IIRC, and he reminded me.

Many Thanks Mannie, your decal placement was so much better as well...

:good:

Well... let's get a little back on topic, I too would love to see a Lavi.

Issues:

- Cockpit, followed the readme... had to work another cockpit into it, not sure as I run WOI Oct 2008 Patch

- Sound, need to adjust the sound a bit, I'm sure that even the Chinese can produce reliable engines, turn the volume down through a sound editor. It was mentioned that the tanks don't show up, a LOD issue. Fine enough, but still needs more refinement.

And while I'm talking about your aircraft, F-18F:

- Pylons... mentioned those before.

- Gear needs to be "beefier" as it's just not the actual size.

- Drop tanks seem smallish, maybe upsized 25%

- Had shadow issues, figured it was the card, no it was the .shd file.

I'll be honest with you, the aircraft is fun to fly and fast becoming a favorite but it really could use some TLC, as well as the J-10A :good:

Where can I find this nice Lavi skin, I made myself a Lavi derivat but my israel labels don`t sho up on the bird, so I have no markings on it.

And while I'm talking about your aircraft, F-18F:

- Had shadow issues, figured it was the card, no it was the .shd file.

EricJ, did you find out what the problem with the shadow is and how it can be fixed?

I also face some strange shadow effects with this "bird".

Actually no, I just moved the file out of the directory, and the problem went away. Or you can just delete it, and no affect on play.

Matter of fact that was really bugging me until I figured what the issue was, so it's all good now...

To all who want the "Lavi" skin.

I have uploaded it to CA download section.

It is waiting for approval from the admins and will show up as soon as they approve it.

Thanks for the interest.

Thank you Spectre USA.

To all who want the "Lavi" skin.

I have uploaded it to CA download section.

It is waiting for approval from the admins and will show up as soon as they approve it.

Thanks for the interest.

I'm sorry My skining skill are close to zero, so the skin is the original one.

Its just the star of david that shows up.

Thank you Spectre USA.

Just a dummy post to pass that posting number I have reached. (the number of the beast) :diablo:

Edited by Mannie