Rather than post aimless screen shots on the the screen shots thread, I thought I'd try this, and update when necessary.

Hermes-1.jpg

Hinch, you the shipman. :rofl:

As always, very nice.

Edited by suhsjake

Will be nice "bang" some birdies on her deck. Looky very nice :good: Looky forward :yes:

Awesome!! Will the Scimitars comes along too? Like the screenshot? :clapping:

yessss..more boats! :ph34r:

wild idea...

carries can have animations for the jet blast deflectors, the animation speed can be set in the boats data ini

the animation shows only at mission start iirc...

perhaps you can define all the parked planes ect as a animation, they show up in launch config at mission start, and when you come back to the boat they are in recovery config....

might some grey zones in that...

well.. just a wild idea :skull:

That's an awesome idea Crusader!

Hinchinbrooke,what do you think about using Supermarine Swifts?

Hinchinbrooke:

Nice model, but this is oviously the HMS Hermes before the Falklands and her "jump jet" ramp. Did you plan on making the 1982 HMS Hermes too.

Beautiful Hinch - as always...

WDH - Swifts are RAF equipment, no tailhooks... This version of Hermes is perfect for Skippy's Sea Vixen FAW.1's...

SB

Crusader's idea is interesting. The number of Scimitars on deck will depend on the final number of polys. The ship is still pretty basic, so it probably won't be five. But yes, this will be Hermes as she was as a fixed-wing carrier................... 'cos I love the desperate thrill of trying to land large, '60's, FAA aircraft on very small floating airfields (and I'm very much crap at it). Ultimately, it wouldn't take all that much to add a ski-jump for the Falklands, but I believe that version is already out there.

img00168.jpg

looking forward to it, can't have to many flat tops :)

watched htshots earlier tonight, now with regard to the deck hands:

"were are uhhh landing... do you wanna get out of the way?"

"Arghhhh Run for your lives!"

Been too long since i watched that one :)

Craig

Been busy with other stuff, so only a few details added................

Nice job! Are you going to detail out the flight deck?

Geezer,

The flight deck will have a proper Hermes paint scheme, catapults, blast doors, wires and some little men to give things some scale. Hopefully some of the Scimitars will make it if the poly count doesn't get too desperate.

Lots more to do.

Geezer,

The flight deck will have a proper Hermes paint scheme, catapults, blast doors, wires and some little men to give things some scale. Hopefully some of the Scimitars will make it if the poly count doesn't get too desperate.

Lots more to do.

If its an issue of poly count I would much prefer jets on the flight deck over people any day.

Nice jobn on the carrier. Shes lookin prety

Looks good Hinch. BTW, the INS Viraat(Ex-HMS Hermes) will be completing 50 years of service. On May 12 this year, INS Viraat would complete 23 years of its service with the Indian Navy. Taking into account its British Royal Navy service in its earlier avatar as HMS Hermes, the warship will complete 50 years on November 18. Its currently undergoing repair and re-fit in Cochin.

Looks good Hinch. BTW, the INS Viraat(Ex-HMS Hermes) will be completing 50 years of service. On May 12 this year, INS Viraat would complete 23 years of its service with the Indian Navy. Taking into account its British Royal Navy service in its earlier avatar as HMS Hermes, the warship will complete 50 years on November 18. Its currently undergoing repair and re-fit in Cochin.

Ghostrider,

Yep, she's quite the old lady. I've found some nice shots of her in Indian service which are useful for some details. I imagine that keeping her going must be quite a job.

Some really nice shots of INS Viraat here...

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3805

JimmyBib,

Thanks. I've seen some of those shots before. I found a site with a whole slew of pictures............ most to do with SHar/flight deck operations............ but a few of the island, etc., that are useful for modelling purposes. Not that Viraat's island is the same as Hermes' c. 1968, but some features linger.

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

It'll be hard to see her go when she's finally done. I have this thought that she'll be returned to the UK and act as a Portsmouth-Plymouth/Falklands/Carrier museum. Obviously loads of upkeep, but not an impossible dream.