Sign in to follow this  
WDH

Russian built a/c for Wild Weasel missions

Sorry but can`t load the Su-39 cause the small pic where the "code" is wich ment to be typed in is broken every time can someone else upload it somehwere? pls

Sorry but can`t load the Su-39 cause the small pic where the "code" is wich ment to be typed in is broken every time can someone else upload it somehwere? pls

Firefox doesn't trust SSL certificate given to rapidshare.de.

Right click the broken picture, select "View image". That'll take you to the error page, which will have small 'make an exception' link at bottom. There you can grant an exception for rapidshare.de (no need to make it permanent), which wil allow you to read the pic.

Simple as that :biggrin:

The Su-39 is great! Nice bird. Very nice bird. Very very nice bird. The only things i have changed so far is to improve the armour and to give the bird a different name. Thunderbolt II sound like A-10. I have choosen "Buran", the russian word for "Blizzard".

Storm, the picture of the MiG-31BM with attached KH-58 missile is a "Türke" as we say in german language. The MiG guys have simply hang the missile on the plane. But hanging the missile on a hardpoint and firing a missiles are two completly different things. In the 90th the russians did such maskirovkas a couple of times on various air shows with various typs of combat planes.

The story with the ARM armed MiG-25 is, as far as i know, the invention of the developers of the game "Harpoon" which was popular in the early 90th. It had a nice data base and a lot of people thought they could believe all what they found in it. But in reality i have never seen a ARM armed MiG-25. But in the game it was great.

By the way, what fun is using MiG-25s for SEAD? They´re too fast for SAMs to reach them. It would take

a SuperPatriot shot. Good idea but no funny....

I dont think the guys who have to do it in real life minds that :haha:

But in the sims im would bring the good old Phantom!

Storm, the picture of the MiG-31BM with attached KH-58 missile is a "Türke" as we say in german language. The MiG guys have simply hang the missile on the plane. But hanging the missile on a hardpoint and firing a missiles are two completly different things.

Yes, it's obvious it's an airshow or some sort of trade show where Mikoyan is trying to sell the aircraft and has some dummy missiles loaded for show.

-S

Awesome plane!!!! Thanks I've long waited for it !!!

Has anyone managed to ge the vikhr working?

Edited by jklv

I have an idea for the camera, I think you can make two different tv camera systems in this plane, switchable via radarmode key. one with a zoomed vow and the other one with a less zoomed or just 1 to 1 view on the display. Would be a nice feauture

Awesome plane!!!! Thanks I've long waited for it !!!

Has anyone managed to ge the vikhr working?

You have to add on the inner pylons LGR,ATR in the AllowedWeaponClass=

for Gepard

su-25 names or nicks are:

-Grebeshok

-Gratch-(VVS nick)

-Rascheska-(Army nick)

-Konyok Gorbunok-(VVS GC nick)

source-Alexei Gretchikhine

also Grebeshok-comb-

source-Combat Aircraft vol.4

but Sturmovik II is also a great name for me!

You have to add on the inner pylons LGR,ATR in the AllowedWeaponClass=

but wich is the inner?

...Sturmovik II is also a great name for me!

I actually renamed mine Shturmovik III!

Flew it over a newly installed Red Range, and noticed the tendency to nose up, even when the wing leveler is on. Since it is a beta, I figure you'd want this type

of info. If not, please let us know.

As to looks, a beauty, it should be quite the combatant!

I know that Erwin and the staff realised the Vikhr too!

I've found a strange issue using upk-23 wing gunpods:

everytime guns are firing-for a strange recoil-landing gear go up and down automatically at the same gun rof speed!

For X-RAY: the GP issue is an old thing but it show only to some aircrafts, even TK ones.

I had this issue with the A-7 and the A-4.

For Silverbolt: The internal pylons are: LeftWingStation1b & RightWingStation1b .

I was getting that in Firefox for a bit even though my Java and flash are up to date. I got it to work in Internet Explorer though.

No luck even on explorer! :cray:

For X-RAY: the GP issue is an old thing but it show only to some aircrafts, even TK ones.

I had this issue with the A-7 and the A-4.

For Silverbolt: The internal pylons are: LeftWingStation1b & RightWingStation1b .

Thanks mate!

btw...

@all:

Guys there is a Frogfoot engine in Spilone's Russian engines pack!

Russian SEAD weapons in sim,seem to have a better kill ratio on targeting SAM sites then the NATO weapons.That's what i'm experiencing.

BTW,like to know of SEAD aircraft of any country (besides US) that exists and what weapons/radar used for the particular aircraft mentioned.Need exact model of aircraft please.

I don't mind sometimes being the laugh of or butt of a good joke.Called it Wild Weasel missions for all countries due to some could relate to that better.My wording my not be to someone's liking but,it get's the point across.Don't like it when someone feels the need to call attention to my lack of proper military terms and feels the need to post on another area of this forum to make themselves look better than they really are.The one that you were trying to impress is not impressed at all!Yes,i'm being vague on purpose.And yes,this "Hillbilly" can read and say those big ole words.Nobody needs to be ridiculed of wanting to learn.'Enuff said'

As for anyone that's took part in helping in the research of this thread,Thank you very much!

Erwin,SU-39 is a very good beta!Yourself and crew is being applauded for getting SU-39 beta to us here for this never ending sim.Look forward to final release.

Brady

Great Beta of a badly needed Aircraft! I even made a copy and tweaked it a little into a stand-in for the Su-25 until one is released. Thank You, I'm sure that model took some effort and she looks great! :good:

We began this by talking about Russian SEAd jets and ended up with a new BETA aircraft to test out.

I'm really impressed with it so far. The detail you've got to this point is outstanding, Erwin.

If you dont mind, I'd like to reposition the lights and chaff/flares, as they are slightly off.

Also, any thought on changing it's designation to Su-25TM, since that seems to be the most current?

Looking forward to future additions.

Thanks!

-S

how about the B variant. It is also very close looking to the existing model

Hey storm. Can you post your edits? I will try to fix the animation issue with the aerlerons

Edited by triplethr3at

i must say, the Su is a great aircraft, even for a beta. the pit is very nice, and it flies good. i took it out and was impressed, and gave a hurting to a platoon of Abrams.

Hey storm. Can you post your edits? I will try to fix the animation issue with the aerlerons

Yea, let me get them finished tonight and I'll post them here. Right now, I'm headed in to base to go fly (a real mission, not virtual).

Check back tonight.

-S