Sign in to follow this  

Model is 98% finished need lots of help with the FM and skin

g55f.jpg

Cool!

Never realized how much it looks like the Mc-205. Same DB engine?

(runs off to check avart collection/storage for G-55 stuff...gonna need a hangar screen!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Very cool!! Is there a cockpit for her? A Syrian scheme would be welcome! Congrats!! :clapping:

The best WW2 Italian fighter of series 5 aircraft (Mc-205,G-55,Re-2005).And my fav one with the mentioned Re-2005 sagittario (The fastest Italian plane of WW2)

G-55 was produced in 2 versions the 0 and the 1 major difference was the guns onboard and their location.

O had 4 Safat 0.50 cal in the nose plus a 20 mm Mauser cannon in the spinner

1 had 2 20 mm Mausers in the wings plus 2 0.50 on upper engine cowling-some planes carry a 3rd Mauser in the spinner

a great firepower!

Major successes were gained from the A.N.R. after sept 1943,Luftwaffe was the second major user of the eng.Gabrielli project.

The best WW2 Italian fighter of series 5 aircraft (Mc-205,G-55,Re-2005).And my fav one with the mentioned Re-2005 sagittario (The fastest Italian plane of WW2)

G-55 was produced in 2 versions the 0 and the 1 major difference was the guns onboard and their location.

O had 4 Safat 0.50 cal in the nose plus a 20 mm Mauser cannon in the spinner

1 had 2 20 mm Mausers in the wings plus 2 0.50 on upper engine cowling-some planes carry a 3rd Mauser in the spinner

a great firepower!

Major successes were gained from the A.N.R. after sept 1943,Luftwaffe was the second major user of the eng.Gabrielli project.

+

post WW2 Argentina Fuerza Aerea :good:

+

post WW2 Argentina Fuerza Aerea :good:

yes and argentina had the twin seater trainer b version too!

Post war Centauros took service in newborn A.M.I.(Italian air force),Argentina,Egypt(involved in war against Israel in 1948) and Syria

Other developments were:

WW2

G-55 S (torpedo bomber)

G-56 a german version using the DB-603 engine

Post war

G-591/4 A/B (merlin engine and bubble canopy)

this an 4A 4B was the twin seater and G-59 1A was the export Argentina air force version using the caged centauro canopy

was used only by A.M.I.,Fuerza Aerea Argentina,and Syria

There was also a two-seater trainer version.

Yet another aircraft to add to my Palestine 1948 install.

There was also a two-seater trainer version.

Yet another aircraft to add to my Palestine 1948 install.

g-552seat.jpg

That's one beautiful bird. Dang Veltro, you're really pumping out the models.

I picked up a 1/48 model of this bird a few years ago made by Artiplast. Crappy model but with some tlc it truned out pretty well.

That's one beautiful bird. Dang Veltro, you're really pumping out the models.

I picked up a 1/48 model of this bird a few years ago made by Artiplast. Crappy model but with some tlc it truned out pretty well.

Go on Special Hobby brand,plastic,resin and photo-etched parts,both 0 and 1 series version! a must!

added opening canopy ..thus..had to fill the inside with some details....stick,pedals ect......

fcpit.jpg

Really nice, Veltro. cantw ait for this one. was reading that the ANR tried to make it into a torpedo plane to replace the aging sm79 planes. the 2 machine guns were removed and it just had 3 mg151 cannon and the torpedo. But handling was reasonable and acceptable. might be an interesting variant to make when can. See here:

[edit] Torpedo fighter

One of the most renown and important branch of the Regia Aeronautica was the torpedo bomber one. In the early years of war, Italian pilots, mostly flying the three-engined, medium bomber SIAI-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero, inflicted considerable losses to Allied shipping in the Mediterranean Sea. Despite this, it was soon clear that the aging Sparviero design was no match for the always improving Allied fighters and anti aircraft defences: thus, in winter 1942, the Regia Aeronautica Staff conceived the idea of using a fighter aircraft torpedo attacks. This would have given the pilots an aircraft capable of delivering a torpedo at high speed and evade enemy fighters or engage them after the attack run, with an operational range of 300/400 km out of Italian coasts.

Fiat was asked to begin studies for a G.55 conversion, meant to carry a 680 kg Whitehead torpedo, a shorter and less cumbersome version of the standard weapon used by the SM.79. However, soon, the decision to develop a G.57, whose specifications included from the beginning the capability of carrying torpedoes, led to the suspension of all similar work on the G.55.

Later, after the G.57 project was dropped, and given the continuing need for the ANR crews of an aircraft that could replace the SM.79, the ANR engineers undertook the task of converting the Centauro for the torpedo attack role. A production aircraft (military serial number MM. 91086) was chosen to be transformed to carry a 920 kg, 5.46 m long, Whitehead torpedo. The radiator for the engine liquid cooler, positioned in the fuselage belly, under the cockpit area, was split in two, gaining a 90 cm slot where two racks were mounted to carry the torpedo. The tailwheel strut was lengthened and equipped with a strengthened shock absorber, and a protective cone was added in front of the tailwheel. The two Breda-SAFAT machine guns were removed, leaving the plane with the three 20mm cannons only as fixed armament.

The aircraft, designated G.55 S, first flew in August 1944 and was successfully tested in January 1945.[5] Despite the cumbersome external load, performance was good and the handling acceptable. The ANR ordered a pre-series of 10 examples and a production series of 100 aircraft, but the events of the war put an end to the project. The G.55 S prototype survived the war and, after being converted back to the Serie I standard, it became the first G.55 to be delivered to the newly formed Aeronautica Militare Italiana (AMI).

[edit] Fiat G.56

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.55

with Temp paint job

f2.jpg

f1.jpg

And approved!!!! :good:

Damnit Ed!!! I haven't had time to get all my artwork together for a Hangar Screen!!! :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Downloading!!! Much needed, thank you again!!!

remember this is a Beta still needs some work,,any help will be appreciated. damn I just have to learn how to correct FM's

Edited by Veltro2k

Veltro

You are machine, you are out of control....SOMEBODY STOP HIM........

:lol: