Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Nurse Chapel is no longer on the Enterprise

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28300175/

Dr McCoy's nurse, Troi's mom, and the voice of the Enterprise computer for 40 years (including recently completed work for the upcoming film), passed away of leukemia yesterday. She joins the good doctor, Scotty, and her husband Gene in "boldly going where no one has gone before."

She was such a sweet lady...always had time for the fan. Majel was at every Con we used to go to...always ready to sign an autograph or pose for a picture.

In fact, the shut-down wav for my comp is her as Enterprise's computer voice proclaiming "Main power offline in 10 seconds"

One of the turely nice people of Trekdom!

She will be missed...

Wrench

kevin stein

In fact, the shut-down wav for my comp is her as Enterprise's computer voice proclaiming "Main power offline in 10 seconds"

Wrench

kevin stein

That's scary, my dad has the same one for his computer.

Anyways, it's too bad that she passed away before the new movie playing in theaters. If they do anymore trek movies/shows, they're going to have to find someone who has a voice pretty close to her's for the computer.

Sad news. I always appreciated her in the original series. RIP Majel...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28300175/

Dr McCoy's nurse, Troi's mom, and the voice of the Enterprise computer for 40 years (including recently completed work for the upcoming film), passed away of leukemia yesterday. She joins the good doctor, Scotty, and her husband Gene in "boldly going where no one has gone before."

You forgot her playing a Centuri in Babylon 5. WOW. This is a shocker.

Falcon

No, I didn't forget her B5 role, I just was listing her ST stuff only.

B5 and ST:TOS are the only SF series I own in entirety other than SG-1 and Firefly, so I'm well acquainted with her work!

That's scary, my dad has the same one for his computer.

Anyways, it's too bad that she passed away before the new movie playing in theaters. If they do anymore trek movies/shows, they're going to have to find someone who has a voice pretty close to her's for the computer.

mine is

"autoshutdown sequence in progress"

which of course follows the initial logon;

"password confirmed - standby"

:biggrin:

I had that on all of my computers - although the government ones I use have since blocked that sort of nonsense

:(

Isn't that the one from Voyager?

As far as I remember only the computer voice in Voyager!

She was "Number One" in the first pilot, nurse Chapel in Star Trek and Laxwanna (or similar...) Troi - Deanna's mother - in ST-TNG and DS9!

Isn't that the one from Voyager?

is it there too? I first heard those on the original Star Trek. I haven't actually watched much of Voyager.

If she sounds all computer-ized, it's from the original series. On TNG, DS9, and Voyager she spoke with her regular voice.

She was the voice of all the Starfleet LCARS interfaces, wasn't she? That totally sucks about her death!