Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

The Works In Progress Thread

Currently, most aircraft projects on temporary hold while I adjust to the SF2/SF2V/SF2E/SF2I standard.

Already have most of my enviromentals setup, the cirrus mod working, and working on terrains...including adjusting JSF_Aggies' high res runway tiles to fit on the SF2 runways...the mapping seems to be slightly different with the new runways. Basically, I want my enviroments working right before I start porting my aircraft into them.

But I still have a few surprises in store...

FC

Hmm am I missing something about the terrains etc? I have all my 3rd party stuff ported over like the NF4 terrain and it works great.

Or is it because I am using the legacy series .cat files for terrain? Will I see some quirky stuff if I adjust it the SF2 terrain cat file?

Well, since it's Dave asking the question -- I break my own rule for this thread and answer it..

I'm testing a rebuild of my Modern Darwin, in BOTH WoE and SF2:V, and am experiencing NO strangeness. Mind you, all the TOS tiles are in the Darwin terrain folder, but it IS pointing to the SF2V vietnamsea.cat.

Using selected Green Hell ™ tods, everything seems to be working just fine, thank you. Other than low double-digit frame rates (10-17 -- but this is in ALL terrains, including the NextGen desert and VNSEA, so it's probably a machine issue)

So to answer the question, it seem to be working for me!

wrench

kevin stein

No, no, it's not that the terrains aren't working...it's that the mapping on the runways are different.

Trust me, look at a numbered runway tile for the stock SF2V install, then look at a numbered runway tile of JSF_Aggie's enhanced runway textures and you'll see what I mean.

FC

...the cirrus mod working...

woh, good to hear. I'm back at SF 2006 and don't spend much time with that right now.

FC....Among the cirrus methods, I never made the original 1-ship-1-tga available with the update. It sets up one very large cirrus layer for one ship, and is the best for hand made missions if you want solid control over the positioning of the cloud details (no randomness). And there is no overlap ping clouds (just one tga layer but very large). If you think you could have use for that, I can make that available.

**haah I just now found two pics I thought I lost. These show the 3D nature of cirrus, mare's tails falling like snow storm. With 2D layer images, I can't do this unfortunately.

306th BW Deployment-1955, see bottom two pics~> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/bzam/B-47.htm

Yea, the cirrus mod works just fine on terrains that aren't too 'lumpy'. However, I haven't found a way to prevent them cirrus from showing through the far mountains if you're low level. Not a factor when you're at 60k feet at Mach 2+...but down low...

FC

If you want to mess around with this...

Its in FlightEngine ~> DetailMeshSize=

DMS for short.

Well at least in Olde SF. Double the number defined is the distance in km that terrain blocks cirrus, or similar tga effects like nuc fireballs and such. The higher the number, the greater the framerate hit. I think its cpu not grafix card related...unless those numbers are crunched on the gpu. I dunno.

Try ramping the number a bit until you see frame hits. Test in lumpy terrain where you have lumps ( :good: ) of varying distances from camera position.

Ya one big downer is, from ground level, seeing say 400km distant fireballs showing through the bottom of a hill that is only 21km away. I use DMS=10 right now. I have old AMD SemprOn 1800 or something...and ATI-9200 still so I can't ramp much from there...although with my system, I could ramp DMS in SF 2008 which successfully used TE terrains having 8km (!) tile size. That's another thing...

DMS also depends on terrain tile, or maybe heightfield, size. Smaller tile/hfd size, greater framerate hit. ie...more terrain detail to calculate for cutting off grafix.

Well, you know, more lumps.

Amiot ACC1 "Toucan" skin for Vietnam nearly finished.

Lloyd

post-2351-1245746765_thumb.jpg

AAAAIIII...LALALALA.....

:crazy: Crazy saddam gets some firepower...

post-35204-1245783234_thumb.jpg

Wrench can I comment? Please,please pretty please? LOL

Go for it!!! :biggrin:

anyone that even thinks up doing an Iraqistani Bug, gets what they deserve!!! :rofl:

(all in good fun, of course :wink: )

wrench

kevin stein

Hmmm, not many us military servicemen on this site I hope..I may suffer a popularity crises...

Arming the arabs and all..lol :blink:

Every time you make an Iraquistani Hornet, God kill's a kitten and Chuck Noriss losses his magical powers...while we can sort of live with that take special care with what you do with F-15, if you do the unmentionable the space-time continuum will shift and we may end up with wrong stuff growing up from our foreheads... xD

:rofl::rofl: Oh your good.....thats funny.

I guess there's nothin like gettin shot at with your own gear aye...

The russkies know all about that huh......lol

HMS-BRILLIANT.

Skin: TORNO

Work in 3D: SUICIDAL

Special thanks to, REBEL RYDER For his work in the DATA and his invaluable help with the animation and work in general.

aee965c0c9d59a22ec1972e5456fa9c1o.jpg

47b4bdee769d66ed29613dc21a771de3o.jpg

6efd7e26b77709c793c7759c2c3b0febo.jpg

9e9a3205c7f1747a71da456983c3f6b9o.jpg

Muy Pronto !!!!!

Saludos

Marcos

Nice boat...I have to say, 'that's Brilliant'!!!! :haha:

---------

Terrains in the shop:

Edwards' WW2 North africa, getting an Extreme Makeover

Edwards' WW2 Tunisia, starting to get looked at. As of today, all the sea/land transition tiles have new alpha channels, so the water "works"

wrench

kevin stein

Oh, just a few minor projects......here's one of tthem....... :wink:

img00022.JPG

Oh, just a few minor projects......here's one of tthem....... :wink:

post-279-1247249381_thumb.jpg

Nimitz!!!!!!!

Nimitz!!!!!!!

Actually, Forrestal, circa 1966....

The Beagle Conflict was a border dispute between Chile and Argentina over the possession of Picton, Lennox and Nueva islands and the scope of the maritime jurisdiction associated with those islands.

The islands are strategically located off the south edge of Tierra del Fuego and at the east end of the Beagle Channel. The Beagle channel, the Straits of Magellan and the Drake Passage are the only three waterways between the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean in the southern hemisphere.

After refusing a binding international award giving the islands to Chile, the Argentine junta pushed the controversy to the brink of war in 1978 in order to produce a maritime boundary consistent with Argentine claims

The Beagle conflict is seen as the main reason for Chilean support to the United Kingdom during the Falklands War of 1982

The conflict began in 1904 with the first official Argentine claims over the islands that have been always under Chilean control. The conflict passed through several status: unknown territories, since 1881 Chilean islands, since 1904 disputed islands, direct negotiations, submitted to a binding international tribunal, direct negotiations again, brinkmanship.

The conflict was resolved through papal mediation and since 1984 Argentina recognizes the islands as Chilean territory. The 1984 treaty resolves also several collateral issues of great importance, including navigation rights, sovereignty over other islands in the Fuegian Archipelago, delimitation of the Straits of Magellan, and maritime boundaries south to Cape Horn and beyond

ScrenShoots By TORNO

Skin And Le misioner Work TORNO.

Chile.estrechodemagallanes.png

1399c06f3927a38c69a5bf8095e17edfo.jpg

5098607e776d281ddca3561f1c38fe18o.jpg

bacb05d3369bd4f011ef4d3352ebda73o.jpg

af7cb5429f00a4d3ba3d403e5b855ca5o.jpg

ad9e37272ba47f278944b5a54d94ad05o.jpg

390th TFS, 35th TFW - Da Nang - April 1966 - first field-applied three-tone camougflage - few small markings - undersides as per 1965 gull grey/white scheme.

Mike D.

Mikoyan i Gurevich Izdeliye 104 Bis (I-104 Bis) prototype.

post-16385-1247870814_thumb.jpg