Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

The Works In Progress Thread

I´ve started yesterday to do the early German F-84F´s (high-rez).

F-84F2.jpg

Final version of my generic 'IDFCamo1' for TMF's Netz (2048x2048):

Included are markings for 110, 117, 140 and 253 Squadron; 115, 116, 140 and 144 will receive some extra treatment (read: tail art) later on. As it is now, it borrows serial number decals and numbers.lst from TW's Netz, but if the public demands a stand-alone version, I'll take care of that as well. Just don't blame me for the inevitable delay. :wink: Oh, and it comes with rescue arrows, something I forgot on a skin released not long ago... :blush:

I'm about finished on an Aeroflot skin for the default An-12BK "Cub".

I've tweaked the data.ini as well, to reflect the addition of the ALO-2 countermeasure dispensers and landing lights.

No screen shot yet.

PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!

Are we NOT reading the message on page 1???

Keep the discussion ONLY on the topic -- any and all comments that detract from showing what's WIP will be deleted INSTANTLY -- there's too much unnecessary BS in too many threads (best example: the screenshot thread) that derail the intent and purpose of the thread.

This is the only warning you'll recieve on this matter. So don't get tweeked-off when your posts vanishes.

I gotta come in here everyday and delete 4 or 5 posts. Can we at least TRY to keep the Thread on focus???

You know, just show what's "in the workshop"? ONLY, and the comments and questions go in the regular Forums, as theyr'e supposed to???

thank you!!! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

in coming

[quote name='Julhelm' post='289872' date='May 18 2009, 10:09 AM'

It's a 5th gen pit.

:blink::blink:

F-35 cockpit view with display on.

f22ausairforce182kz7.jpg

f35interface_04.jpg

Saludos

Marcos

in coming more

F-35 cockpit view with display on.

Saludos

Marcos

Those displays are from the F-35, but that cockpit is an F-22.

FC

Hawker Fury MkII

3 SAAF Squadron

Early days.

post-2351-1243154460_thumb.jpg

New and revised list, of WIPs, which will actually be worked on and released, and not killed off by laziness :rolleyes: These go in the order of which I am working on them in.

1. Terrain: Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard (so if anyone who knows how the terrain editor works wouldn't mind taking a look at my questions in the thread in the KB)

2. Campaign: Wings Over Greece & Turkey

3. This is more a long term project, which is going to be determined on the success of my other two projects. Wings Over Poland: 2008

SB2C Helldiver

It´s a Gmax model, if any modeler wants to finish it and import it

to the game I´d be really grateful.

post-38667-1243208125_thumb.jpg

post-38667-1243208135_thumb.jpg

Fantastic coolpilot

Another one for my collection of French aircraft in Vietnam.

LloydNB

More progress with my Hawker Fury MkII. The template is in place so I can start the panel lines.

Now that I've picked up a good book on the subject, I'll be able to add plenty of detail. The radiator bath is done and looks pretty good.

LloydNB

post-2351-1243664188_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

ARADO E-381

1a58f058c8fad658487def3611824662o.jpg

178a580b960a80f579594ba0d366db88o.jpg

Desert Stormnado :biggrin: is really showing some progress now:

tornadowip001.jpg

tornadowip002.jpg

tornadowip003.jpg

:haha:

OMG torno, your Mirage 2000 skins are incredible! :ok:

OMG torno, your Mirage 2000 skins are incredible! :ok:

lo tuyo es fantastico :good:

removed due to lack of interest

Edited by russouk2004

This help allows me to get more stuff out too :yes:

Edited by russouk2004

Now I'm just pi**ed off!

I spend a good part of my weekend working on a Hawker Fury MkI only to find out that the elevators have the top and bottom surfaces mapped to the same part of the bitmap. It means I'm going to have to skin one side with a decal. AAAHHH!!!

When I've calmed down, I'll get back to it.

LloydNB

post-2351-1243848028_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

lo tuyo es fantastico :good:

¡Gracias!

Progressing slowly but slowly getting there :)

gr1wip.jpg

gr1wip2.jpg

ChrisBV.

Realmente me sumo a lo que dice mi amigo TORNO.

sus skin fotorealistas , son estupendos.

me han mostrado el skin del mirage 2000 peruano que usted creo todo de manera foto realista.

Increible .........una tecnica realmente complicada.

saludos

marcos

¡Gracias, suicidal! Me agrada mucho que mi trabajo guste. En este caso el skin no es 100% fotorrealista, es básicamente pintado a mano por capas con tantos detalles fotorrealistas como me es posible implementar (por ejemplo el radomo, las ruedas del tren de aterrizaje, algunos detalles menores, etc.).

The skin is far from ready and all (I haven't even finished the 'basic' skin on top of which I will do the different custom nose arts and particular features of each aircraft - I'll see if I can do that using decals; I'll figure that out later) but just for fun I started doing some loadout tweaks (the TIALD pod is 'borrowed' from the GR.7 until bobrock releases a new version for use with the Tornado) and downloaded the GR.1A (recce) version also by Sundowner & Co. which, model-wise, is identical to the GR.1 with some minor exceptions like the lack of the two Mauser BK27 27mm cannon ports an the side-mounted thermal imaging sensor window (port side) which is just a texture feature. The cannons are no problem since they can be easily rendered using textures ... but this one has updated/added aerials and antennae and I'm sorry if this sounds silly but I just go crazy over stuff like that :biggrin: plus it has 3D navigation lights which means I won't have to do them as textures for better looks... anyway, just tested it and, boy, does it look sexy!

tornupdt.jpg

So I think I'm using it. Stay tuned for further updates.

Currently, most aircraft projects on temporary hold while I adjust to the SF2/SF2V/SF2E/SF2I standard.

Already have most of my enviromentals setup, the cirrus mod working, and working on terrains...including adjusting JSF_Aggies' high res runway tiles to fit on the SF2 runways...the mapping seems to be slightly different with the new runways. Basically, I want my enviroments working right before I start porting my aircraft into them.

But I still have a few surprises in store...

FC