Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

It's a crazy idea, but it just might work......

The French carrier Clemenceau is on it's way to dry dock in Teeside to be broken up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7872650.stm

What if a crack team of current and former military operators and assorted hangers-on, drawn together by their love of simming, beer and eels (not necessarily in that order) intercepted the ship en route and set course for the mid Atlantic?

A second team would walk into the Boneyard and secure a number of naval aircraft - Hornets, Tomcats and some Vikings which have just recently become available - which they would fly to rendevous with the carrier (with tanker support provided by our very own Storm).

A third team would make a stop-off in the UK to pick up some passengers for the ride and a spot of keelhauling under the watchful eye of our very own Racindriver1.

Then a leisurely cruise southwards and around Africa (I don't think we could sneak into the Med and through Suez) during which some real MP dogfights will prove once and for all that the Tomcat is better than the Hornet, and Mannie can practice flying through the hangar deck for real!

Next stop, the Gulf of Aden to sort out those pesky Somali pirates. After which we can head for the Persian Gulf and an appointment with some nuclear facilities that need dismantling with extreme prejudice.

After that we can travel the world righting wrongs with a girl/boy in every port and not a snowflake to be seen, unless someone wants to try the DBS campaign for real!

Who's with me?

Im in!

I wouldn't want to be in a Tomcat trying to land on the old girl...

AFAIR she was barely enough for Hornets...

Yeah, I know, I'm no fun...

Edited by Gunrunner

I'm in might as well use a French Carrier correctly and as to the dismantling bit now that sounds like fun... Bagsy an A-6 A-7... or better yet I will bring a Buccaneer....

I wouldn't want to be in a Tomcat trying to land on the old girl...

AFAIR she was barely enough for Hornets...

Yeah, I know, I'm no fun...

Then you'll just have to learn to land with the wings swept back :biggrin:

"I think you're gonna need a bigger boat," for the Tomcats.

But, I'd be willing to swipe a Crusader and give it a go.

the Tomcat would certainly be an interesting event to watch!!

but give me a nice new E-2D, complete with sidewinders on the nose, and I'm with you!!

I'm down, only if first we can go and kill Robert Mugabe, devastate the ZANU-PF, and give the farmers that know how to farm their stolen land back.

"I think you're gonna need a bigger boat,"

Hasnt that line be used before ??? :haha:

No fishing for jokes...

I volunteer to be ships cook.Also I want to kill pirates....but cooking first

Is your name Casey Ryback by chance?

I've got dibbs on the front seat of a superkitty!

I thought that your mad idea was bombing SAM-City, Hanoi. :biggrin:

I got another one. Let´s all meet at Britain. We enjoy a brutal party in the pubs of London, trying to avoid collateral damage,

or reducing it as far as possible. Then, when all drunk, get our four favourite boys of the day, and make a Jam-session with

DJ Jack the Ripper. I would propose send their pieces then to each side of the island, but this is for heroes.

I´ve been told by my former teacher of english that i seem a hooligan, so i wouldn´t be much out of place. And then get a

roundabout to the Town Center and seek for the plenty-of-money people who control the somaly piracy from there, and disrupt

the banks causing the Raptor, Eurofighter, and JSF programs to get delayed, among other minor issues.

:minigun: What can you tell, tovariches? no technical problems such as landing Tomcat on Clemenceau or smuggling it to Aden Gulf

EDIT: by the way, would sweep all Africa killing SoBs from Rabat to the Mog be considered ethnic cleansing of SoBs? Seems troubly after

some recent jurisprudence

Edited by macelena

Sounds good...Im off to liberate an FRS2 harrier from the navy...:)

Edited by russouk2004

Negatrons! I have been shaving with razor blades made from the Oriskany, Bonnie Dick, Hancock, Boxer, Leyte Gulf, Monterey Bay and more aircraft carriers I can name. Its Frances' turn to help me in the battle against " Ape Neck" (I have a beard so I'm low impact on the Navy steel supply) To bad for the Clemenceau. Old and obsolete aircraft carriers make splendid LHAs. If a country is to have a Navy and an expeditionary force I would think this vessel would have some value still in service.

:ph34r: CL

Negatrons! I have been shaving with razor blades made from the Oriskany, Bonnie Dick, Hancock, Boxer, Leyte Gulf, Monterey Bay and more aircraft carriers I can name. Its Frances' turn to help me in the battle against " Ape Neck" (I have a beard so I'm low impact on the Navy steel supply) To bad for the Clemenceau. Old and obsolete aircraft carriers make splendid LHAs. If a country is to have a Navy and an expeditionary force I would think this vessel would have some value still in service.

It all comes down to $$$, er in this case €€€

Is your name Casey Ryback by chance?

LOL no I cut my ponytail off in the mid 90s :biggrin:

LOL no I cut my (censored)tail off in the mid 90s :biggrin:

:shok:

CL, would you be in if we could get you this to fly?

http://courtesyaircraft.com/F-AZDQ%20Skyraider%20Spec.htm

Well Doggies! My girl always looks hot in midnight blue. So does Mrs Lima. Is the Clemenceau long enough for a deck run? It would all be fun and games until you get a cold cat.

Make it an AD-5. I've been doing WOV so long I'll need help with the rudder pedals If I did it for real.

Ya count me in. Are adult beverages authorized for all off watch, duty and other responsibility?

Balls. You're Cruel and mean. If most Navy Aviators can't pick thier airplane I guess I can't pick my Skyraider if given the chance. If I had to pick one on looks that AD-4N would be first.

Roger Ball.

Edited by charlielima

Well Doggies! My girl always looks hot in midnight blue. So does Mrs Lima. Is the Clemenceau long enough for a deck run? It would all be fun and games until you get a cold cat.

Make it an AD-5. I've been doing WOV so long I'll need help with the rudder pedals If I did it for real.

Ya count me in. Are adult beverages authorized for all off watch, duty and other responsibility?

Balls. You're Cruel and mean. If most Navy Aviators can't pick thier airplane I guess I can't pick my Skyraider if given the chance. If I had to pick one on looks that AD-4N would be first.

Roger Ball.

I hope so as its the Brits who are nicking the boat.... if not Still will be setup in the Buccaneers bomb bay....

Well we can always re-introduce the traditional rum ration!

As for picking planes, if the size of the deck is a problem I guess I'd go for an A-4, maybe one of those fancy A-4R Fightinghawks.