MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

After getting my system back to work & flying conditions, and after having lost all pilots,

I have created my first new aviator with Jasta 2, Bertincourt, 1 September 1916.

I allowed myself to have a brown-green camo - as if I had just transfered in with the

kite.

Our first sortie was an epic one - with us were Hptm. Boelcke, Rittm. von Richthofen,

Lt. Ritter von Mueller, Offzstvtr. Reimann and Lt. Gunther.

Patroling over Erchin, we got engaged by two flights of British Nieuport 16 and 17 from

RNAS-1. In the following fight, I saw Nieuports going down left and right; my wingmen

did extraordinaily well; and so did of course Boelcke's 1. Kette.

I managed to shoot down RNAS-1 ace Gerard, and one of his wingmen.

If you have never flown with an elite unit - do yourself that favour! You will feel safe as a

baby in mother's arms.

Another sortie with Jasta 2 - September 1916 is still almost quiet compared to the same time 1917.

Great screenshots Olham!

Here's my first OFF:BH&H video using my new video card. Runs beautifully.

It's a great scramble mission where I gave myself unlimited ammo. Apparently I forgot to give myself unlimited fuel though. Oh well...I almost made it.

Airfield Defense (13:02) 1080 HD

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

The "Must Be Seen to be Believed" Gunning Accuracy Video

On the morning of April 15th, 1917 - the height of "Bloody April" - at least 16 planes from Jasta 4 squadron swept down on Auchel Airfield in a suprise attack. With what little advanced warning we had, only 8 of us from RNAS 8 were able to get airborne in our trusty Sopwith Triplanes to meet the Huns in their twin gunned Albatros DIIs. Outnumbered and out gunned, with a mere 500 rounds each, the RNAS 8 fought a bloody and brutal battle in the skies Over Flanders Fields. Good flying, outstanding marksmanship that conserved ammo and with the hand of Lady Luck herself, I fought til the last round was spent (literally) to defend the airfield and the honor of the RNAS 8th.

This is some of the best shooting I have ever done, patiently waiting to try and put 1 hole in a hun engine for every round I fired. I honestly think at least 70% of the rounds found their mark, however I will never know because literally a few seconds after the last plane was shot down my system froze up completely and I never got to see the statistics. You can see it freeze at the end of the video. Curses!!! By my best count, I took down at least 10, pretty positive 11 and possibly - possibly - 12 planes with 500 rounds (normal guns). There were one or two planes I lost track of after I put in some solid engine shots, but had to turn to deal with more aggressors. They may have crashed or flown away but I didn't see them again once I turned my attention to the new planes attacking me. I witnessed at least one forced to land - without crashing- on the French countryside. As for the last fight, well - you'll just have to see it to believe it.

Campaign Video part 1 of 2 (10:28) 1080 HD

Campaign Video part 2 of 2 (10:10) 1080 HD

All settings were DiD standard except for unlimited fuel. This was without a doubt my most harrowing mission ever as the Huns just never seemed to stop coming!

On the downside, my cloud popping showed up again for some reason which I find most irritating. I had messed with a few other settings so apparently it must be a very delicate balance between multiple settings in order to minimize it.

Thanks again to RAF_Louvert. I swear every time I fly in "Hellshades Wings" - the triplane he painted for me - I am nearly unstoppable in the sky. She's beautiful and deadly my friend. Thank you again for her.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Very nice shooting Hellshade.

I was too busy getting this Albatros.......

Shot12-24-10-23-02-57.jpg

.....and forgot to check my six

:oops:

Shot12-29-10-18-16-02.jpg

Last week I was flying low over our German lines to see how much my Comrades on the Ground could use my Help :drinks: The third Battle of Ypres is still raging on...

Later then I've spotted a Patrol of five Se5a's who attacked us. I was lucky to scratch two of them and this was my 41th and 42th kill... :yes:

Happy new Year everyone!!! :bye:

April 16th, 1917

On patrol behind enemy lines our flight runs across a trio of German two-seaters. While dogfighting them, we get bounced by a squadron of Albatros DIIs.

April 16th, 1917 (11:49) 1080HD

Hellshade

Enthralling. One of your best ones there, HS. IMHO anyway. :good:

I must say you have a lot of faith in your wingmen not colliding with you. I generally don't interfere with their combats unless it's going badly for them or they've definitely broken off. Otherwise they either crash into me or I get caught in their long-distance 'spray and pray' attempts!

Sad. I have gone the way of the Mid Air Crash a few times mostly when trying to help a wing mate or cut in on a kill

I am still in the skies. You just don't see me:bye: For you new members, this was wonderfully done by RAF Louvert. I also have a couple of beautiful skins from Widowmaker. Clear Skies

post-45893-032113200 1293973421.jpg

RNAS 8 patrol behind enemy lines engages an Albatros DII flight

April 18th, 1917 (7:37) 1080HD

RNAS 8 Patrol runs across a flight of German DFWs. I try zoom attacks right through the center of their flight attacking multiple targets.

April 19th, 1917 (5:15) 1080HD

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

FA 62, Douai, 1 July 1915

Boelcke has formed the first German Jagdstaffel - a unit of fighters, to attack enemy aircraft.

Before they became a Jasta, they had already been flying the Fokker Eindecker for bombing

and reconnaisance tasks. But from now on, they will be hunters.

I was chosen to fly with FA 62, and in my first sortie, I had the honour to fly with Immelmann

and Boelcke.

I could even force a Bristol Scout to land near our airfield at Douai, without killing the pilot.

I think this is a good omen for my debut.

Edited by Olham

Thank you, Carrick. Here are some screens from my Jasta 2 pilot's latest actions.

That bulldog with the CO's cap on is great, Ras! Nice plane to fly with, I'm sure.

Thanks, Hellshade! Your new Tripe looks "hot" - reminds me of classic Harley Davidson paintjobs

(like Dennis Hopper's chopper in "Easy Rider"). A pity that it wasn't allowed in RL in those days.

Are you still working on "our film project"?

Edited by Olham

In our "Krauts vs Crumpets" Campaign, Jasta 6 got the Fokker Triplane now. After our first clash, 56 RFC will never try again to turnfight us, surely.

My Jasta 2 pilot has got his Albatros painting changed a little bit. Returning from a tough mission

(his flight attacked 5 French Nieuport 17, when suddenly a flight of 6 Sopwith Pup appeared and

joined in; now the Entente fighters outnumbering his flight), he had landed already, when this

flight of 4 BE2c came passing his airfield at Bertincourt extremely low, and only 3000 feet away.

He went up again and brought one down with his last ammo.

He would have prefered the two-seater to land and surrender, but then it suddenly exploded in

bright flames, and the crew jumped.

Edited by Olham

Snoopy versus The Red Baron

When you are flying the Fokker Dr. I you must only fear one thing: friends!

I hunted a Sopwith Camel, had shot off his left wingtips already, and could dance like a Mosquito around him,

when suddenly - Rattattattattattatta!!!!! - the Red Baron and his boys appeared, shot everything to pieces and

time for lunch! Damn, I must admit, I was very close to shooting one of the bleeders down today!