MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Great shots Robert,Im with Olham 5 on terrain is grainy try a 4 or even a 3,though your shots are really well done.

Really like the Maple leaf Skin aswell is it a custom skin?

Using your AF and AA settings aswell Olham and it looks really good,with a good framerate are you using 5,3,4,5,5 as well sir?

Edited by Adger1971

Hi Adger1971;

In answer to your ?, The maple leaf skin is a custom I did. The upper wing serial# is my fathers dog tag # from WWII, and the flag is the Ontario ensign.

Adger, is the ? about 5,3,4,5,5, for me or Olham. Mine was set at 5,5,5,5,5 when these pics were taken. I intend to try terrain at 3 as Olham suggested.

..are you using 5,3,4,5,5 as well sir?

Yep, exactly.

"Scenery" could be tried on 3, 4 or 5 depending on performance.

"Terrain" is very grainy on 5; 4 or 3 are worth a try.

I found 5, 3, 4, 5, 5 perfect for myself.

Edited by Olham

To Robert:Great skin i have been flying aircraft in the past with both Olham and Louverts skins,excellent skins they are too,great bit of history with your wing serial your fathers dog tags....brilliant

To Olham:yes i too have set my terrain on 3,im gonna try a 4 and have a look at frame rates and graininess etc....

Robert, that Camel skin is looking great indeed!

I just tried Olham's suggestion of "5,3,4,5,5" and didn't notice any degradation from my oringal all "5's" settings so I guess I will leave it with Olham's settings. No point in running all "5's" with no gain.

Here are some sample screenies:

post-52329-0-62864100-1372266546_thumb.png

post-52329-0-01910800-1372266596_thumb.png

post-52329-0-17798400-1372266625_thumb.png

post-52329-0-24471900-1372266643_thumb.png

post-52329-0-78102500-1372266662_thumb.png

Great shots Robert,ive got a couple using same settings.....ps i love your second shot

Edited by Adger1971

Great shots Robert,ive got a couple using same settings.....ps i love your second shot

Hi Adger;

If you liked the second shot click on the third shot to enlarge it because there is something there you may not have noticed! It's the piece of the wing I shot off and I don't know how it missed me when it came down because it was very close!!

Like your shots and particularly the heart rendition on the side. Did you skin this yourself?

Best Regards;

I guess that was a close one, Robert!

Great to see a French fighter around here, Adger, and your "Mathilde" skin looks very believeable!

Ha ha a very close call Robert,yes Olham Its my Esc La Fayette pilot flying from Cachy,Just under 14 hrs,flying time 15 missions 7 confirmed kills,no guys its not my skin " The original Nieuport 17 skin was made by Rabu. it's the Escadrille 65 stock skin.the heart was borrowed from OBD skin for Werner Voss (D.III), which I believe was done by Paarma" By: Waldemar Kurtz

D.III skins are mostly or all from James Romano (OvS), Adger.

So you added the "stolen heart" (Werner would like that!) and the writing?

D.III skins are mostly or all from James Romano (OvS), Adger.

So you added the "stolen heart" (Werner would like that!) and the writing?

No Not at all my friend,......no the entire skin is in the downloads section,http://combatace.com/files/file/10536-nieuport-17-mathilde/

P.s id love to make a skin,how difficult on a scale of 1 to 10 would it be Olham? Many thanks

Couple more pictures...Dawn Patrol 28/12/1916,lots of low mist and ground smoke.Had my Engine shot up by passing Alb,I managed to down him,but had to quickly hit the deck crashland my Crate and walk a long way home..

Edited by Adger1971

P.s id love to make a skin,how difficult on a scale of 1 to 10 would it be Olham? Many thanks

I couldn't rate it, cause for me as a graphic designer it's easy, and I have the tools.

For a start, you should get IRFANVIEW here: http://www.irfanview.de/

With this program you browse through the skins (CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields > campaigns > CampaignData > skins)

and select a basic skin for your additional works.

You save it a a bitmap file (BMP), on which you can work now.

From here it depends what programs you have available.

The finished work must be re-converted into a dds-file again (DDS1).

For this, I use the freeware "DXTBmp".

There is a great OFF Forum department on skinning here:

http://combatace.com/forum/212-off-photoshop-and-paint-shop-help-for-skinning-and-3d-modeling/

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

Thank you for your time Olham,ive got a bit of spare time this weekend so im going to have a play around  :biggrin:

Hi Adger;

Olham has given some great advice there!. I followed the advice in the forum on skinning when I started and it is very good.

Best regards;

• Like 1

Thank you Robert and also to Olham,i will definitely have some fun with the skinning this weekend  :smile: .

Few Shots.........I Love this sim

Nice screenies Adger!

I wish posting screen shots was easier for me.

This thread is great.

LIMA33 has one in the WWI section comparing different sims with the same campaign. It is well worth a look.

I'll try Olham's advice on settings. I was at all 5's and dropped the terrain down to 4 as I noticed what he described. I really don't see much difference in scenery on 5 as compared to 4, unless I take a bicycle around the airfield. I do have my Nvidea settings cranked up. So many things to tinker with.....

I'm running scenery and terrain at 4 right now, rest at 5

I've put the Terrain Slider up to 3 and the Scenery to 4. All other Sliders on 5. Also try to turn off the Shadows, they are not neccessary for a Flight Sim IMO. This gives you again a boost in FPS. And set your Ground Object Density to Medium, please.

shadows...that is a good idea

not sure where the ground object density is. Nevermind, found it..was set to medium

Edited by MudWasp48

Thanks Robert it really does amaze me what OBD have done with an old cfs3 engine,really cant wait to see what they do with WOFF

Mudwasp,honestly mate posting screenies is really very very easy.First grab irfanview its a free photo editing software(thats only if you want to touch up photos etc)

whilst in flight press the CTRL key with ; at same time and it captures a shot,I think it puts the file in documents CFSWW1 Overflanders fields folder,then open the picture with irfanview and I then get right colors etc and save it as a jpg

the reason to save as a jpg is its a lot smaller file compared to a bitmap (combat ace max file is 2mb) then when you go to post on here go to more reply options and choose file to attach,down in the bottom left corner find your picture and click on it then click on Attach this file down bottom left.I then preview post to see what it looks like then when happy click on add reply and Voila.....sounds a bit tricky i agree but honestly its not.....try it mate you wont break anything,hope this has been helpful 

Few more Screenies..........................

Aaaahhhh! Albatros! .... Lovely!

• Like 1