MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

I tried, but when in Spot view, if I use the KP to rotate the camera it goes in an endless spinning around... So for now I still use autopilot ! But to catch action I will need something else ...

Nieuport1705.jpg

I came to OFF from RoF too, corsair and at first,

I was really frustrated from OFF's limited options in screenshot taking.

Also with the constant kind of 'fisheye' wide camera lens, which prevents close ups,

without significant distortion at the screen edges!

I usually use Chase view for my screenshots, I find the view a bit less lens distorted.

As Olham suggested I pause the game, cycle through views, rotate using my stick's hat switch

and when I find the desired pose, I take the shot via Fraps.

Anyway, close ups is not OFF's strong point, the environment and feeling are, so...

BTW, you are doing fine job with your screenshots, man!

In that Albatros shot you've captured so well the planes' very soul... :ok:

The wooden fuselage looks so great I could smell the varnish... :good:

:drinks:

Thks for the tips, I was trying to use spot view, will try with the chase view... I also noticed the "wide angle" distorsion ( in fact I am also a hobby nature photographer - http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsaire31/ ).

I took this Albatros screenshot when I noticed the special light on the planes with this very dark sky ( was really time to land, I didn't see any fires burning to spot the airfield ... )

Like in real life, you can see an amazingly lot even at night, as long as there is moonlight.

Only clouded moon or new moon can make it pitch black.

It would be great, if the devs could install some lights in the open hangar tents - I guess

that would help, and also create even more athmosphere.

Like in real life, you can see an amazingly lot even at night, as long as there is moonlight.

Only clouded moon or new moon can make it pitch black.

It would be great, if the devs could install some lights in the open hangar tents - I guess

that would help, and also create even more athmosphere.

22_09_2011_13_27_08-0002.jpg

22_09_2011_21_55_50-0004.jpg

Will be there in WOOF... :grin:

WOFF - not WOOF. But yes, I saw the lights in the screenshots.

What I meant were working lights particularly in the aircraft tents - that would look great

if you came back late in the dark, wouldn't it?

I've done the WOOF mistake before, huh? :grin:

From what we've seen tent lighting looks possible...

Would be nice to have, although not of primal priority...

PICTURES FROM THE PURPLE HAZE

Purple Haze.jpg

After all the time I have finally made a video of a dogfight, in which I use Matt Milne's wonderful music.

(He had allowed that for OFF videos some time ago).

The video shows an attack of two groups of Nieuport 17 on our flight of Albatros D.II from Jasta 14.

At least 2 of the French came right out of the sun, and I was very proud, that I had discovered them

without any Labels or TAC on.

After the first minutes, my wingman and I find us alone with at least 3 Nupes. The video shows some

of our fine teamwork (I use the wingman commands a lot). Enjoy it!

I've been waiting for a video from you, Olham.

I can see that you and your Jasta mates would be a dangerous team, indeed!

Olham,

First I would hate to meet you in the skies because I must say that I don't think I could ever bring myself to put holes in such beautifully painted planes! You always have the finest painted craft in the skies sir. Your screen shots are always the most enjoyable because of your artwork. Also I must congratulate you on putting down so many Nieuports. They are very agile in the skies and it is hard to bring ones own guns to bear on them for any length of time. Good job shooting them so full of holes with just fleeting moments in front of your guns. You are an excellent marksman sir. Great video too. I especially enjoyed the ending. You are a multi-talented artist. Thank you for sharing that. I was very good to watch the Great Olham in action!

Hellshade

Thank you all, guys! Hellshade, that was certainly to high a praise, Sir.

Yesterday a bunch of DH-2 slowly but surely smoked my whole flight, and I couldn't save anyone.

(Well, the fellers should have helped themselves, but the energy fighting in OFF is yet under-

developed - I have high hopes for WOFF to change that).

The fighting spread, the "sand fleas" were everywhere, and around me high and low, I had to

witness Albatros falling. In the end, when my ammo was all fired, two Nieuports appeared

and hunted me down to treetop level. They shot my engine out of it's compartment, and my

beautifully painted bird crashed into the wood.

Damn, some days I can't get ANYthing right...

PS: As for marksmanship, you are definitely the cooler crack, Hellshade, I saw that several

times in your own videos - the quietest hands at the guns I have ever seen.

Edited by Olham

Washhouse

Coming home alone

Edited by Olham

PS: As for marksmanship, you are definitely the cooler crack, Hellshade, I saw that several

times in your own videos - the quietest hands at the guns I have ever seen.

I try not to shoot with panic fire. That is the big key. Panic fire is all bad:

1. It gives away your position if the enemy does not know you are above or behind them.

2. It rarely hits anything. Even more rarely does it hit anything vital.

3. As such it is a terrible waste of limited and precious ammo.

4. Once you use up all of your ammo with panic fire you stop being a fighter pilot and immediately become target practice!

5. If you shoot often and miss your enemy knows either you are panicked, a novice pilot, a bad shot or possibly all three. Either way, he is emboldened against you now and you have given him a reason to be confident. That's always bad.

I am not such a great shot. You don't see me doing too much hard deflection shooting or long range shooting. I know mostly I will miss so I try to save my bullets for when I can get in close and they will do much damage right away. Besides, I like the idea that every time I pull the trigger my opponent sees, hears and feels the rounds of my gun shredding through his machine - it makes him schit himself with fear every time he hears the crack of my guns! I'm sure the Devs programmed that into OFF:BH&H. They are really good like that. lol.gif

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

... makes him schit himself with fear every time he hears the crack of my guns!

I'm sure the Devs programmed that into OFF:BH&H. They are really good like that.

:rofl:

Blimey, the Eini - the craft is okay for it's time - once you got to grips with it

Us Marine (Navy) boys were out to the northern end of the line, by the sea.

We got jumped by several Nieuports there, and I must say: we could hold our own quite well.

Together with my wingman, I even managed to bring this "red little devil" down.

Does anyone know who he is? Garros perchance? Must look him up.

And is this a Nieuport 11 or Nieuport 16 ? I'm not so familiar with the characteristics of the two types.

Do you see the little link images? If you do, click on them. If not, something is wrong. I see them.

Seems I had the album set as "Private", elephant. I have changed that now - hope you see them now.

DEATH OVER ARRAS (FROM THREE ANGLES)

Death over Arras.jpg

Edited by Olham

Beautiful screenshots as always Olham.

Reference the red Nieuport did not the French ace Jean Navarre (sp) use the color red for his aircraft?

Thanks, Duke, and yes, Navarre also flew a red plane.

But I had checked this one, it was a pilot Boucher or similar.

Beautiful screenshots Gents, and videos as as well. Great stuff as always! I had a bit of time myself recently to do some flying, (Camels out of Sainte-Marie-Cappel with 45 RFC in August of 1917, before they shipped down to the Italian Front). Here's an assortment of pics showing off my trusty mount and when my flight and I ran into a veritable swarm of Albatri just over the lines near Lille.

OFF_Camel_DV_Dogfight_001.jpg

Cheers!

Lou