MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

No, I guess that's the Pantheon. The Absinthe Factory is right beyond, the many chimneys.

Here are two "Green Fairies" for you - I guess you'll pick the right one.

Edited by Olham

Ah, la belle fée verte, elle m'aime tres beaucoup. Et ça c'est bon ça! (Pardonez-vous ma 'tit peu de maudite patois d'Acadie) But the labels said it was the Opera House. Where else would you expect to find the Green Fairy?

On a sad note, I must pay my last respects to 2LT Belesarius Bullethead of No. 45 Squadron, KIA 23 October 1916. 11 missions, 14 hours, 3 out of 3 confirmed kills. This pic is of his last triumph. He was killed the next morning when I foolishly accepted a scramble mission. I mean, it was 1916, so how hard could it be?

post-45917-0-17508700-1348184633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bullethead

Ah, that's where the rant about "scrambles" originated!

Label? The buildings have "Labels"? Didn't know that.

"April 1917. Jasta 28w received several of the new Albatros D.III.

Franz (Ray) painted his one all black, as he he wanted to appear sinister and bad.

In fact he is rather the opposite. I have still to fly the D.II - I may receive a D.III with the next delivery.

Our morning sortie should have been a defensive patrol over Baiseux aerodrome.

But we didn't get there. Still circling our field after takeoff, we got under attack by 3 silvergrey British

Nieuports with Lewis guns. Three of them jump a whole flight of 12 Albatros!

Is that courage or insanity?

However - we must never carry the fight to the Englishmen - they come over and bring it to us.

This time it didn't earn them any laurels - it cost their lives. We shot down all three.

Mahler from my Kette had to put down his shot-up bird. But he was only lightly injured.

Tango is a close dance, but this one was by far too close!

I'm asthonished that we had no collision."

full-27170-42231-close_as_it_gets.jpg

That's only my most recent rant against scrambles. I've started and participated in entire threads decrying them. But it never hurts to bring the subject up again, what with WOFF's topmasts showing over the horizon.

As to building labels, in Paris only the landmark buildings have them. All the thousands and thousands of nondescript flats, shops, offices, and bridges have none. So, if like me you're unfamiliar with the city, don't have a map, but still want to see all the sights, you can turn on labels and fly from landmark to landmark.

I should mention that if you go in search of Paris and are navigating by the in-game map, ignore where that map draws the rivers. The red dot labeled "Paris" is where the town is, and the rivers run through and around it as they should. However, the blue rivers on the in-game map are drawn about 20 miles to the south of where they are on the actual terrain surface. With N.153, judging by where the in-game map shows the rivers, the airfield should be in the southern suburbs of the city with the distinctive Seine bends just NW of the airfield. But such is not the case. There are some sizeable towns and some small creeks near the field, but Paris, the Seine, and the distinctive river bends are well to the north, where the red dot on the in-game map is.

So, level off at about 1000' and fly for the red dot. Eventually, the entire horizon ahead will be city buildings and, looming out of the haze in the far distance, the dim outline of the Eiffel Tower. You can see it from miles and miles away. As you cross over the edge of the built-up area, turn on labels and now you can see all the sights.

But enough of the past. Olham, that 12 vs 3 battle might sound easy but as you say, it's amazing nobody collided. That's the sort of fight I let the young hounds enjoy while I circle around above in case more enemies arrive on high.

As to building labels, in Paris only the landmark buildings have them. [...]

So, if like me you're unfamiliar with the city, don't have a map, but still want to see

all the sights, you can turn on labels and fly from landmark to landmark.

How very practical! I've been to Paris several times, but they don't seem to have that anymore.

However, the blue rivers on the in-game map are drawn about 20 miles to the south

of where they are on the actual terrain surface.

The ingame map is still a leftover from CFS3, as far as I know.

The first or second preview movie revealed a very different-looking Campaign Manager map.

So I hope they also changed the ingame map.

If you fly in Alsace with it's many lakes, you'd be surprised how close they all are!

I even once noted the longitude and latitude of a road/railway crossing near one end of a lake,

and checked it in Google Maps - and it was there, only just slightly offset by less than a kilometer!

Olham, that 12 vs 3 battle might sound easy but as you say, it's amazing nobody collided.

That's the sort of fight I let the young hounds enjoy while I circle around above in case

more enemies arrive on high.

Wise man! This pilot was pretty new, so I didn't give a damn - I had to let off steam after 5 days of web design training.

I never do this with my real Campaign Pilots.

Edited by Olham

Beware of the Hun from the Sun !

full-27170-42341-hun_from_the_sun.jpg

Viktoria!

full-27170-42342-victoria.jpg

Edited by Olham

Marine-Feldjagdstaffel 1 (MFJ-1) in Action. Made me a new skin, with the emblem from "Das Boot".

gallery_46143_444_114268.jpg

I like it because "Das Boot" is one of my all time favourite Movies (I've got a huge Model of the U 96 - Boat, it has a length of over 1m) :biggrin:

Keep on the good Work Mate :blind:

Is that model open on one side, to show the interior?

In that case I'd love to see a photo - I can never remember the order of the various segments.

Okay this is strictly OFF TOPIC :biggrin:

This is my Revell Model 1:72, it's a German Type VII-C41 Boat, a slightly different Version of the Type VII-Boat, as you know it from the Movie.

The Model that you meant Olham, was the U 99 from Günther Prien, I think. That old Model shows the Interior, but it has had a very bad Quality to build. It's no longer available today.

My Model is from 2010 :beach:

On the Pictures you can also see some of my Albatros, Fokker, Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf Models (right Click and Save on your Desktop to see the full Image) :beach:

post-55608-0-87597200-1350218107_thumb.jpg

post-55608-0-30057600-1350218118_thumb.jpg

post-55608-0-61896800-1350218128_thumb.jpg

post-55608-0-71811100-1350218138_thumb.jpg

I could see the total by pressing Ctrl/Strg and "minus" keys.

Wow, from above I see that such an U-Boot was actually a beautiful design. Elegant as a shark.

Great model, Andy!

And what do my old eyes trace in one corner - if that's not a Focke-Wulf 190 D type (D9 I guess).

Is it the HASEGAWA one? I had that model kit, but never built it and sold it on Ebay. A pity really...

Yeah it's a D-9 Type, the personal Plane from German Ace Josef Priller (JG 26, France)

But it's not from Hasegawa Olham, that one comes from the States (Century Wings), and has a big Scale (1:18) :biggrin:

Ah, okay, I never heard of that model kit; not even of the company.

My largest kits were AIRFIX 1:24; and the HASEGAWA "Dora" was in 1:32.

But my modelling days are long over, and I sold the remaining unbuilt stuff on Ebay.

I guess we should finish our modelling talk here - after all it's still the "Screenshots" thread.

Good luck with future builds, Andy!

Since my WebDesign school training began in August, I have not been flying OFF much,

but now I have made me another improved skin (a never ending obsession) and made

a new start with Jasta 14 in the cold March of 1917. We are flying from one of my favourite

airfields in OFF - Marchais, with it's far visible landmarks: the three lakes.

The frost was biting cold, and I hope that spring will come soon.

full-27170-45781-jasta_14_march_1917.jpg

Edited by Olham

Flight Sub-Lt. Jack "Cat" Harlowe just finished off this Alb.DII from Jasta 8 on his first campaign run with RNAS-10.

85491062.jpg

Leutnant Gunther Blau flying his D.VII for Jasta 13 chewed the wing off this Spad in QC just to shake the rust off after 9 months of inactivity.

48163750.jpg

Edited by Shiloh

Jasta 2 taking off for a Patrol, March 1918 :biggrin: The camouflaged Albatros is my Plane...

post-55608-0-28071600-1364803402_thumb.jpg

post-55608-0-39557800-1364803424_thumb.jpg

Good to see some action here - and well caught too!

Good show Andy!

Here are some shots of Gunther Blau roughing up an RE8. He did manage to damage my engine but it was right above my airfield so no big deal.

93995014.jpg

28536255.jpg

90262167.jpg

Edited by Shiloh

Fantastic photos guys! Keep them coming! I promise to upload some more this summer once I'm finally, finally, finally free!

I still see two guys in the RE8. Where does the guy in the ejection seat come from ? :biggrin: