MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

The German DFW should also have flares, but I never found out how to ignite them.

They work just like bombs. First you use "select weapon" to make them active, then "fire selected weapon" to drop them. You just can't see them without an external view.

Tried that, Bullethead. Could it be that they are hardly visible in daylight?

Nice Rickitycrate. You've got an eye for art with those screenies.:yes:

Crossbones

Thanks Crossbones, you're very kind. Team OBD makes it possible for me to enjoy myself.

Beautiful screenshot, foreigndevil, it's now on my desktop too. How do you get the cables to look so smooth? Mine always look like strings of beads.

I consider that a compliment! Thanks! good.gif In FSX I also get these strings of beads, but OFF seems to be made for my machine! What's your AA setting? Mine is at 8x. For some shots I afterwards the 'sharpen' function of MS Paint, but this not necessarily repairs the beads problem.

Another shot from a recent "excursion" for the opposite side!

post-45978-12612216807396.jpg

Sieben, no the AA setting in the CFS3 config box never shows where you set it. You're not doing it wrong. You just need to trust it. At 8x you should not have any doubts if it is set or not. If I could run at 8x I would but my FPS suffers. My pics shown above are with AA at 4x. Best wishes in doing screenshots. Play around with the view controls and when you think you have an interesting situation or pic opportunity press pause. Turn off all visual aids and swing that camera around for the best angles to catch the light, interesting angles or action. Use the zoom function and do some cropping with your program, I use paint, also consider resizing your pics to conserve on your upload file size. I generally resize to 80%. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I know it all. It's just that I enjoy taking pics in OFF so much and would like to encourage you. Have fun!

Rickitycrate, 4x AA is fine - your screenshots show that! They are amazing!

Your DR-1 is a good one, too. I'd hate to fly in that weather, though maybe the propellor blocks some of the rain!

The weather was not so bad when I started out, but over Flanders Fields things can change in an instant. So did my luck after taking this shot: I was jumped by the Brits!grin.gif

And maybe with some sharpening of your shots in Paint or some other program, you can get rid of the beads.

Edited by foreigndevil

Tried that, Bullethead. Could it be that they are hardly visible in daylight?

I've never had any trouble seeing them. If you can't, perhaps your eyes aren't really good enough to be a pilot? Hmmm? Slipped the medical examiner a little gratuity, eh? Don't worry; that'll be our little secret.... (nudge nudge, wink wink) as long as I find a little gratuity every week myself, hmm? Shall we say a case of schnapps every Saturday? Hmmm? Excellent. It's a business doing pleasure with you lol.gif.

Seriously, IIRC, in the override settings you posted a while back, you had your chats disabled. But if you do that, then you can't tell which weapon you have selected. So perhaps when you think you've got the flares selected, you really don't?

No, I also tried it with chat switched on, Bullethead, and it read "flares selected" - I fired, but nothing.

Perhaps a problem of the graphics?

I'll try again on my new rig soon.

I'm getting to grips with the Fokker E.V now! It's twitchy, but not instable like the Dr.1.

Good at aileron turns, good rudder!

This sortie, I got a balloon. Hey, they are much harder to destroy now - it took me four

passes. Short after that, we saw D VII fighting SPAD XIII.

As one SPAD came down to us, I took the chance and peppered it from far. I hit it so hard,

that it couldn't escape me through speed. I caught up and fired all my rounds into it, until

it banked left and went down.

Sieben,Oh yeah, that's nice! 8x, I envy you. Give us some more when you get the chance.

Sieben,Oh yeah, that's nice! 8x, I envy you. Give us some more when you get the chance.

Damn. And here I was blaming the blurriness and all on being drunk, yet the above pic is crystal clear to me. Guess I'll have to try this myself drinks.gif

Emoticons are easy friend, :drinks: Compose your text and the simply select an emote and left click it will show up in the reply field as a word not the emote image. Then when you click post it shows up as the image. And here's to Bullethead :drinks:

Sieben: (yes, Olham, I know OFF is not a game)

:good::good::good::rofl:

Rickitycrate, my emoticons show instantly - even in the writing window.

Sieben, there is one yellow Smiley in your post window. Click on it, and you should

get a panel at the right, showing all the emoticons "in action". Click on the one you want,

and it will appear, where your text cursor is right then.

More B-E-A-utiful screenshots Gents! The AA settings make a giant difference in the quality of what you see. I have been running 16x with my 9800GTX+ since loading OFF and it gives razor sharp images with excellent FPS. I love the amount of tweaking the Nvidia workshop allows you to do.

HOORAH! Finally a sunny day in our DID real time campaign. My flight and I were assigned offensive patrol of the coast and got into a furball with a mix of Halbs and Albs. Great sport!

Here we are high above the coastline looking for Huns. Wasn't long before we found some up to mischief over our shipping lanes.

OFF_RNAS_12_20_1916_01.jpg

An Alb, just where I like them.

OFF_RNAS_12_20_1916_03.jpg

Sent him in for a swim. Hope he likes cold water.

OFF_RNAS_12_20_1916_04.jpg

Heading home to brag and boast. We dropped three Boche in the drink and the rest went scampering off east to lick their wounds.

OFF_RNAS_12_20_1916_02.jpg

What a great day's work it was.

Cheers!

Lou

Yes, I recommend to you all, to choose the AA in your graphic card manager.

I have an ATI card, and go to "ATI Catalyst Control Center".

Try 4x first, when you have older cards, and raise to 8x then. If fraps are still okay, go even higher.

The internal OFF AA seems to be out of work - at least for me. But my card does it very well.

Edit: Congrats, Lou!

But mind you, I will hop into my cockpit now to get some of your friends! Nothing personal! :cool:

Edited by Olham

hee hee, well of course Olham, I would expect nothing less from an aerial warrior such as yourself. Best of luck on your next outing Sir, just try and give my mates as soft a landing as I gave yours. :wink:

Nice pics Lou. That shot from the pit with the Aldiss really shows your high AA settings. Nice clean lines. The Nvidea cards give a lot of options but then I'm always wondering if I have the settings at the best for my rig and this sim. Playing on a laptop my goal is to eventually get a powerful desktop with good cooling for OFF and games.

2nd screenie, first post.

I LOVE THIS GAME! You may notice something amiss with this Alb DIII. The friggin engine BLEW OUT OF MY SHIP!

I was quite busy toasting the Nupe 17 flying away off my nose, when his buddy started making my engine sound funny. I flipped out to see the damage, (I love seeing how badly I've messed up my ship) when the blew up and away. It also apparently killed me, as the 2nd shot I took actually had the engine in the frame falling below me, but the QC ended.

post-45974-12613366314808.jpg

Doggone allied wingies. dntknw.gif

Tallyho! Back for more!

1st screenie, 2nd post.

This is my first Pfalz kill vs Nupe 28 - I was astonished by the flaming barrel roll (not as astonished by my previous post!), got out to take the shot. His wingies were not pleased by my achievement. Shot the daylights out of my craft, but I was able to land the cranky engined thing and walk away.

post-45974-1261337139017.jpg

I LOVE THIS GAME (sorry olham, simulation is just to much work!)good.gif

Tallyho!

Glad to see you solved the AA problem, Sieben. Nice screenies, guys. I've been grounded for a few days, due to hard real world work!

Windchill, seems we never know what we might see in OFF. That's why I often pause to take a look/see. Good pics.

foriegndevil, real world can get in the way sometimes. Work is a better problem than some. I hope you get some more flight time soon.

Cheers guys! :drinks: