MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Fantastic shots there RC...your screenies just keep getting better and better!....The two combatants look good going head to head there...and yes, I agree with Lou...that shot is WAY too close for comfort!!!! :drinks:

Ok. New years resolution. Stop lurking, start complimenting.

RC, Stunning screenshots there. The early war shots in that first string are especially beautiful. The opener of the DH-2 is an instant favourite. The three at sunset are impressive not only for the aircraft, but for the landscape below which 'feels' somehow organic. The atmosphere is wonderful in this sim. The first contact with the pups is captured at just the right moment as the two flights are about to knife through each other against the backdrop of darkening clouds. And the EIII pulling away as it's victim falls away behind it is surely calendar material.

Thanks for sharing RC. And thanks to all the other screenshot artists whose work graces this forum that I've not comented on from 'Lurkerdom'. But most of all thanks to all the people involved with OBD. I've mentioned the landscapes. But the models and skins are amazing. You can almost see the brushstrokes on the undersides of those wings, and the tires on that cigones N-17...

It's not a simulation anymore. It's an experience.

I could gush on, but I think this is enough for a (I think) first post here. So I'll just raise a glass to all involved, and Hurrah for the next man who dies.

Thanks for all the complments guys. Lou and Simon, it is your work that inspires me to do my screenshots. Scouseair68, if my screenies have flushed you out of the bushes that great. Thanks for your kind words. I hated to do damage to the Belgian Camel but, hey, there's a war going on. With you favourable feedback on these picks I will now post them on another site so peeps can see some early action aircraft that they may not otherwise see.

I do love OFF so much, thanks as always to OBD. :salute:

Ok. New years resolution. Stop lurking, start complimenting.

Welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks drinks.gif.

I agree with you; those are some awesome screenies lately.

This great screenshots, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the picture on this forum and you'll find them great.

OFF makes my old rig look good. Winder, you have done wonders with the clouds.

Thanks,

Crossbones

picture.png

post-27090-1263153083593.jpg

• Like 1

My Favourite Dogfight: 6 D.VII's versus 6 Camels

post-56626-12632508532606.jpg heat.gif

Happened in the first minute, I thought I was done for

post-56626-12632509739916.jpg yikes.gif

post-56626-12632510253399.jpg

post-56626-12632511093215.jpg

post-56626-12632511755497.jpg

post-56626-1263251277342.jpg ok.gif

Got Him!

Von Stalhein, very nice action shots. It's obvious you are having a good time flying and fighting. Thanks for sharing your pics. And welcome to OFF and this forum :drinks:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! drinks.gif

Got to give a mention to all of your screenshots as well. THEY'RE FLIPPING BRILLIANT!

And OFF is BRILLIANT also.

I like to get quite close to the enemy before firing. In fact I like to get so close to the enemy, and I follow the RFC dictum "Don't turn away from a head-on attack," that once I got both the left wingtips (plus interplane struts) of a D.VII shorn off by the wings of a Camel. IT FLEW!!! Unfortunately I was concentrating too much on flying straight-and-level WHILE BEING SHOT AT that I didn't take any screenies! Had to bail out, I was cold meat.

And yep, here are some more.

My Joy:

post-56626-12633678581032.jpg

Quickly turned to horror (those two are Nieuports) :

post-56626-12633678822285.jpg

post-56626-1263367905189.jpg

See what I mean

post-56626-12633679413195.jpg

I do believe I landed with a dud engine.

v. Stalhein.

Don't get too close! I had my aircraft destroyed twice by an incoming AI opponent. I guess they also think 'don't turn away'!

On today's patrol in our back lands with Jasta 21, two flights of Nieuport 24 from Escadrille 78

where crazy enough to jump at our two flights.

While Rudolf Mathaei, Emil Thuy and two wingmen fought further ahead, 4 Nupes came down

on my flight of 5 Albatros D V.

While we lost two craft, all our Nupes got wiped out.

I got almost shot up twice by Emil Thuy, and if he should ever do this again, I'll shoot him down.

Herr Olham, back in the saddle where he belongs. Making up for lost time I see, good. :drinks:

Yep; and tomorrow, Lt. Jeschonnek will get up in the D II, to down some Nupes.

Seems about time!

My Latest Skin, which I shall upload in a minute

(special thanks to Quack74 for his permission to copy his FE skin)...and of Course, the guys at OBD for the original Model/skin

This Pup N6183 "MILDRED H." is from 3RNAS France 1917.

Piloted by Flt Cdr J A Glen.

post-22245-1263557400533.jpg

Well I guess this one might fit in Rickitycrates hanger if'n he has one with crosses on it.

I figured Ernst Udet aughta have an EV so I made one for him.

UdetEV.jpg

Beard

Nice!

Whats the EV like to skin?

Beard, das ist schon. Viel Dank! The nice thing about virtual hangars is they're never full. She's a sexy beast!

Widowmaker, I redid the template some, so now it should be pretty easy.

And to those that initially downloaded it there was a mistake on the in-cockpit view on the windscreen, I have uploaded a corrected version now.

Beard

Widowmaker, I redid the template some, so now it should be pretty easy.

And to those that initially downloaded it there was a mistake on the in-cockpit view on the windscreen, I have uploaded a corrected version now.

Beard

Thanks BB :good:

Wow, the first one is some very close action!

Good to see you are alive and kickin' a*s, Cameljockey!

My word...that first shot almost gives you a feeling of Vertigo!!...stunning CJ