MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

foreigndevil, I am all too familiar with RL work getting in the way of flying. I feel for ya' Sir.

Windchill, nice pics Sir. But what are those strange round objects at the bottom of the shot and all that odd cryptic writing? You might want to check your screen capture program for a virus or setting issues.

...hee hee hee...JK

Barkhorn1x, very nice pics. Can you tell me what your cloud slider is set to?

Sure thing - I have the clouds set to 1 as - although I have a decent card (Nvidia GF 9800 GT 1GB) my single core CPU is a bit limited - AMD 3500+ (2.2Ghz) - so I have to make some compromises to get decent frames. My sliders are set at:

2, 3, 2, 2, 1

...pretty low - but guess what? The sim still looks great. :grin: I am using a combination of settings outlined at the OFF site and the nHancer settings posted by Dimus:

http://www.overfland...ds.com/Tips.htm

http://www.simforums...s.asp?TID=29041

One more for you all - check out the detail on Rick's war bond poster pasted on the wings of his N-28:

post-9613-12613649168912.jpg

Edited by Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x, thanks for the info. My clouds are set to 1 also. My other sliders aren't much different either. Still looks great. Thanks for the links. I'm going to check on that nHancer.

After all these months and hours I have reported my first kill claim of a DrI. Actually, it's maybe the second time I have comeup against the Dridekker. So to celebrate a few pics.

post-45792-12614643039966.jpg

post-45792-12614643059769.jpg

post-45792-12614643076974.jpg

post-45792-12614643092901.jpg

post-45792-12614643110146.jpg

post-45792-12614643125489.jpg

post-45792-12614643141683.jpg

post-45792-12614643155131.jpg

Great pics, Rickitycrate, and some fine action!

Whose was the striped Albatros? Do you know?

I was wondering that too Olham. I got into a scrap the other day with that bloke myself. Nice shots RC and congrats on claiming a DR1.

Found them, Lou.

with a red "1" it's Hans von Freden, with a red "6" Josef Kister.

Without any numbers (like in Rickitycrate's shots) it's the default skin of Jasta 1, 1918.

Thanks Olham, now I'll know who's shredding my tail feathers next time. :biggrin:

Yep, I thought it to be an Ace for sure but when I did labels it was just a default. Flying the late war and coming up against DrI's, DVII's and AlbDV's is kinda scarey and exilerating. Haven't done much late war myself but I had to start a campaign with the N28. So far she can hang in there against the E/A A/I I've encountered.

post-45792-12614990876341.jpg

post-45792-1261499088922.jpg

post-45792-12614990903105.jpg

post-45792-12614990914549.jpg

Nice shots Rickity.

2nd Lieutenant Dennis Marlowe comes out of the Major's office and bumps into a familiar face.

"Hey, Jim - you have entered the same squadron as I'm in? Wonderful!

We will make the 27th Aero known to everybody! Come over to the mess!

Hope you know the rules? New guy buys the drinks!"

Beautiful pics, Rickety!

I especially like the one where your homie's got your back. I hope he didn't get you with any stray shots yikes.gif

Thanks guys. BH that's me covering him. Problem is I just ran out of bullets. Later on I was headed home and my engine cut out, I thought I was out of petrol and was dead sticking for no man's land if I was lucky. I wasn't going to make it so I tried to start the engine and she cranked up and kept running. I landed at the first friendly airfield and came to a stop. I took a few minutes to look around and then I tried my guns. Bingo! Ammo reloaded. So I cranked her up and headed for home. I'm still doing new things and being suprised by our sim. The fun and adventure never ends.

Hi Lt. Marlowe, my name if Frank, Luke Frank from Arizona. I appreciatte your howdy. It will be my treat tonight. Don't you find these here uniforms to be damn scratchy? Saddle up on that barstool compadre!

Hi Lt. Marlowe, my name if Frank, Luke Frank from Arizona. I appreciatte your howdy. It will be my treat tonight.

Don't you find these here uniforms to be damn scratchy? Saddle up on that barstool compadre!

Right, let's open the collar and have a few. Arizona, eyh? Been there once, cause my sweetheart's dad moved

down there, to Flagstaff. Me, I'm a "snowman" from Minnesota. German ancestors. And now I fight them.

It's a weird world, somehow. But hey - let's start the competition. Who drops off his seat first, must buy the

drinks next time - alright?

Thanks guys. BH that's me covering him.

Then that's certainly a 1-in-a-million picture. I can't get that fine a control over the camera to make it look like the shot was taken in TIR out of another plane's cockpit. The other planes are just never in the right spot to make it work. So I'd frame that one grin.gif .

I landed at the first friendly airfield and came to a stop. I took a few minutes to look around and then I tried my guns. Bingo! Ammo reloaded. So I cranked her up and headed for home

Here we go again with this rearming business. The devs are silent on it and a few folks say they've had it happen to them but have been unable to repeat it. Meanwhile, those of us who have experimented have just wasted our time, never getting it to happen.

So how did you do it?

I tried it too, at two wooden hangars, British and German. No way!

I landed, pulled up real close to a hangar, there I sat looking around, took a few pictures, waited, looking around, thought what the hell and squeezed the trigger, ratatatat. Okay I'll make for home, although I could have ended it right there. Flew home uneventfully. Now before this I recall trying to unjam them by pressing keys. I did not know if I had a jam or was out. I was firing off the ammo pretty good. It was a strange flight. I don't know what happened to the engine either. None of it bothers me, seems like real life shiznit. Calls for a beer :drinks:

I noticed I have more upload quota than allowed. What do I do? Delete the uploaded screenshots or is there some way around it?

You may make more than one post. It does help to have reduced the file size also.

More great screenshots there RC. And I'm glad yet another flyer has experienced the "reload". Folks, our numbers are growing, and you may know somebody in a similar situation, or you may find yourself in a similar situation, and if you're in a situation like this there's only one thing you can do and that's to post here that you had it happen to you, wherever you are, just get online and say, "You can get all the ammo you want, at HITR's Restaurant." And walk out. You know, if just one person does it they may think he's sick and they won't believe him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both odd and they won't listen to either of them. And if three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people logging in and singing a bar of "HITR's Restaurant" and logging out. They may think it's an organization. And can you imagine fifty people, I said fifty people logging in and singing a bar of "HITR's Restaurant" and logging out. Why friends, they will think it's a movement!

And that's what it is , the "HITR's Restaurant Ammo Reload Movement", and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the guitar...

hee hee