Sign in to follow this  

Thanks for the correction Streak, and no need to justify yourself, it never was the intent. :blink:

This is posted in the Mods section so I expect the XB-70.. this is a teaser and a explanation what can be done with this bird.

"I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now."

MOAR!

Also, do the B-70s have DAMS; with on board AIM-47 Falcons to shoot down incoming fighters?

What a twist.

What next ?

An A-12 (OXCART), hurriedly converted into a YF-12A (at least one year in advance) comes to the rescue ?

I would like to withdraw my first assumption of what this was about, cause now i dont have a clue :dntknw: any hints Fastcargo? :biggrin:

Cold War went hot. As in, really hot.

They look like an express delivery of instant sunshine for Moscow in mid winter :shok: and the Soviet's dont want sunshine to ruin their snowballing fun...

Gonna be mighty hard to catch a B-70A doing Mach 3.1~ at 85,000 feet. Yes, the production B-70A was to have a lot higher ceiling than the XB-70

Fast that's a nice Comic. Looks very well done. Can't wait to see what will happen finally here!

weren`t mig25s tracket with mach 3 over israel?

From a Yefim Gordon book published by Midland on the MiG-25 recon detachment sent to Egypt:

Sorties over Israeli-held territory involved cruising at full military power for about 40 minutes. The air temperature in the engine inlet ducts peaked at 320°C (608°F); the aircraft skin was not much colder either (303°C/577°F). By then, the Tumanskiy OKB had extended engine running time in full afterburner from three to eight minutes and then to 40 minutes. Thus, virtually all sorties could be flown at maximum thrust; the R15B-300 turbojets proved reliable enough and gave no problems in the hot Egyptian climate.

Missions were flown at maximum speed and 17,000-23,000 m (55,770-75,460 ft). At this rate, no one could keep up with the MiG-25, and it was just as well because the reconnaissance aircraft were unarmed. The fuel was burned off at a rate of 500 kg (1,102 lb) per minute, reducing all-up weight, and the aircraft would gradually accelerate to Mach 2.8.

Certain photo and cine shooting modes required the camera ship to keep a constant speed. Another complication was that the MiG-25 was constantly climbing as fuel burnoff reduced weight, reaching 22,000 m (72,180 ft) at the end of its target run. In addition to taking pictures, the MiG-25Rs and MiG-25RBs pinpointed Israeli radars, communications centres and ECM facilities.

As an excuse for their inability to intercept the elusive MiGs the Israeli air defences stated that 'the object was clocked at Mach 3.2! However, the flight recorders of the MiGs showed there were no major deviations from the prescribed mission profile. Well, yes, the aircraft were not always flown 'by the book'. On one occasion Aleksandr Bezhevets exceeded the speed limit to get away from pursuing Phantoms; the flight data recorder showed that the Mach limit had been more than tripled (!). Other sources state that it was VVS pilot Krasnogorskiy who should walk away with the record (and get the ticket), as he reached 3,400 km/h (2,111 mph) in one of the sorties. This was dangerous because the airframe could be damaged by overheating, but careful inspection of the aircraft showed no apparent damage. Still, the pilots received an unambiguous 'debriefing' after this incident.

The cases where NATO thought Mach 3+ MiG-25s were streaking over Europe to ditch in the North Atlantic were in fact expendable Tu-123 drones which overflew europe.

I wanna know where I can get this comic book....

reminds me of all those old ones I had as a kid in the '60 "Our Fighting Air Force" comes to mind

Wrench

kevin stein

I don't want to ruin a conversation by bringing physics into this but, if your mig-25 is going ~mach 3 (2,283mph at sea level) and the gsh 23 has a muzzle velocity of 1,600mph. Wouldn't the mig-25 instead of shooting the B-70A down just gobble up its own rounds and shoot itself down?

I think the cannon projectile would be moving forward initially at the muzzle velocity, added to the forward velocity of the firing platform (the plane).

Fast can you please post more Comics parts?