Russo, that behemoth of a bomber just made me all teary eyed, hope it sees the light of day someday.

Edited by Atreides

Russo: You really should try and adopt the habit of mapping and texturing your model BEFORE you start cutting hatches and doors into it ;)

On the new AFX model, I actually began by taking what drawings I had and mapping them out on a texturemap with all parts before I even started modelling the plane in order to create a "shopping list" of sorts for the actual modelling. I also included random parts of machinery (weapon bay and doors from an F-22, some gear well interiors from an F-14 and an F-18 and miscellaneous other parts) that function as a palette of sorts for when I model. With this method, I never have to worry about how to unwrap what part and how to paint it because I already have a texture that looks convincing enough and similar areas can easily share the same piece of texture or even tile around (for edges of doors and such) and I can literally texture as I model.

Russo: You really should try and adopt the habit of mapping and texturing your model BEFORE you start cutting hatches and doors into it ;)

On the new AFX model, I actually began by taking what drawings I had and mapping them out on a texturemap with all parts before I even started modelling the plane in order to create a "shopping list" of sorts for the actual modelling. I also included random parts of machinery (weapon bay and doors from an F-22, some gear well interiors from an F-14 and an F-18 and miscellaneous other parts) that function as a palette of sorts for when I model. With this method, I never have to worry about how to unwrap what part and how to paint it because I already have a texture that looks convincing enough and similar areas can easily share the same piece of texture or even tile around (for edges of doors and such) and I can literally texture as I model.

Great Tip Jules :good: ..never thought about it

tu160f.jpg

few more animation corrections and she will be ready to skin..........Again who is willing to help Please IM me

tu160f.jpg

few more animation corrections and she will be ready to skin..........Again who is willing to help Please IM me

Veltro, what magic! Beautiful. You are an arteeest!

Ever thought about my poor Tu-128 Fiddler. Nobody seems interested in this magnificent cold warrior and you are so very good at this....................Hope, hope, hope.....

Julheim

When I map my a\c I use a copy of the model and attach parts such as gear outer doors to the fwings etc...and map it then as a whole...unwrapping each part then to its proper place with alignment lines on a layer on the psd file...

I just wish I could cylinder wrap ....I can do a fuselage such as an easy su 9 etc...but when im faced with a fuselage such as flanker for example im having to planar map and break segments of polys to achieve as little stretching as possible...

I know im going off what you said...but thats the way I tend to do it..

I'm similiar in that I'll actually map long before I start animating anything, keeping everything as one mesh with a bunch of elements.

Also, I use the Box mapping function for aircraft that are not so cylindrical, works pretty well with messaging.

FC

Veltro, what magic! Beautiful. You are an arteeest!

Ever thought about my poor Tu-128 Fiddler. Nobody seems interested in this magnificent cold warrior and you are so very good at this....................Hope, hope, hope.....

Actually The IDIOT team is working on one and it Looks fantastic..check out the ITAI forum

Julheim

When I map my a\c I use a copy of the model and attach parts such as gear outer doors to the fwings etc...and map it then as a whole...unwrapping each part then to its proper place with alignment lines on a layer on the psd file...

I just wish I could cylinder wrap ....I can do a fuselage such as an easy su 9 etc...but when im faced with a fuselage such as flanker for example im having to planar map and break segments of polys to achieve as little stretching as possible...

I know im going off what you said...but thats the way I tend to do it..

Well generally if I'm dealing with a BWB fuselage such as an Su-27 or F-16, I'd probably map it top/bottom splitting it along the leading edge of the wing. The thing is, the less seams you have the better, since the engine has to deal with all these UV points in the same manner as vertices which means that if you have lots and lots of seams on a model, it will run worse compared to one that is stretched a bit but has only one or two seams. Again, it really helps if you plan out your texture layout before you even start to model, since you can then make things considerably easier for yourself by strategically placing edges along where important panel lines go on the plane.

Actually The IDIOT team is working on one and it Looks fantastic..check out the ITAI forum

I'd like to be the modder of the Tu-128 but...................ERIKGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the magician......

Jug, your dream will come truth with the usual Erikgen quality.......now he's going mad after a correct and aweysome virtual pit............................

P.S. Hey Veltro how many polys your bird is?

Mau.

Jug, your dream will come truth with the usual Erikgen quality.......now he's going mad after a correct and aweysome virtual pit............................

:off_topic: A custom pit for the TU-128 that's great news.

I'd like to be the modder of the Tu-128 but...................ERIKGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the magician......

P.S. Hey Veltro how many polys your bird is?

Mau.

Mau circa 40 mila

Mau circa 40 mila

Bloody Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cerca di scendere.....................

Mau.

slowly begining to get back into it..still some pain but a hell of a lot better

t1.jpg

t2-1.jpg

t3.jpg

Good to see you back at it, Ed!!!

wrench

kevin stein

FM needs to be tweeked,,,,BAD !!!!

B-1ished?

b1 is much smaller and slower

Hey how about using the SU-24 ? :biggrin: But make it less manuverable I mean the TU-160 is the worlds largest and heaviest bomber.

Hey how about using the SU-24 ? :biggrin: But make it less manuverable I mean the TU-160 is the worlds largest and heaviest bomber.

thats what I am using now

Veltro2k

If you need help with the skin.

My friend TORNO Could help

He is always willing to create a new skin.

And you know works pretty well.

(-laughs-)

I am the representative of the. (-laughs-)

Greetings

Marcos