Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Next airplane for OFF?

Next airplane for OFF?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which airplane would you like to see next in BHaH?

• Airco DH5
    • Armstrong-Whitworth F.K.8
    • Fokker D.VIII
    • Gotha G.V
    • Handley Page O/400
    • Nieuport 28
    • Pfalz D.XII
    • Salmson 2a2
    • Siemens-Schuckert D.IV
    • Zeppelin Airship
    • Other

I'm starting to not like this... my gotha is losing ground.

Yes, I almost picked the Gotha, fond memories from RedBaron, but there is something about those Zepps that is intreguing...

Wow, did not think this would go this far. I am actually surprised the Nieuport 28 is leading. I thought I was one of the few who like it so much. I still think anyone of those planes would be an awesome addition, though. (even the ones that aren't planes :P)

A wish list huh well I voted for the Pfalz DXII. -Just cuz I like how it looks. Next votes are all for "others"

1) Nie 23 -Tired of pretending my N17 is a N23

2) Nie 24 -Used lots more then the N28 which was rejected for French Service

3) Roland -D2 Need another mid to early plane.

For a total of four. Yes I am a married man and thus know how to obey.

While scroling through the squads I notices some place holders for aircraft.

N23

N24

N27

FE8

N17Bis

Sop Snipe

Could this be a peek of things to come?

Edited by Doughboy

The Pfalz D XII looks almost like a Fokker D VII, but wasn't as good, nor could it anything

better than the D VII. So, the Pfalz would be no improvement for the German side.

The absolute competitors for the next German model would be the outstanding Fokker D VIII,

and the Siemens-Schuckert D III or D IV. The latter for it's unbeaten climb rate, that made it

a perfect interceptor, and it's good agility.

OVS has a very good suggestion-- I do think more early war 2 seaters are needed. I remember the days of chasing Aviatiks in RB3d, though chasing a Roland 2 seater is much harder because they're so fast.

The early war period from 1914-1916 was marked by a great many slow, vulnerable 2 seaters. I think they'd add a nice mix to the game.

Voted for the Handley Page O/400. Heavy bombers please.

I would love to see some missions where some of these behemoths of the air could be encountered.

S!

Edited by Dantes

Hmm.. how about the Sopwith Snipe?

The Pfalz D XII looks almost like a Fokker D VII, but wasn't as good, nor could it anything

better than the D VII. So, the Pfalz would be no improvement for the German side.

The absolute competitors for the next German model would be the outstanding Fokker D VIII,

and the Siemens-Schuckert D III or D IV. The latter for it's unbeaten climb rate, that made it

a perfect interceptor, and it's good agility.

Ummm, it sure could do 2 things better than the Fokker D.VII - Dive better and the fuselage was more rugged. In case i am mistaken the war has already been won and jockeying for each side to have a 'better' plane does nothing for historical accuracy. If you want the best plane download and install a FW190 (grin) into the game and i guarantee there will be nothing that can compete with it, otherwise, i will take some more historical A/C versus - my plane can beat up your plane ;)

Sorry i couldnt resist ;)

IL28

Well I've played a bit every night since I got the game 3-4 weeks ago, after 1.26 it all changed, all my PC-playtime has been spent in OFF. And I've not even played a full campaign month with ONE A/C (the Early Alb DIII) with 1.2x. All the other planes in the game are unopened books for me. So whether the OFF team decide to add one more plane or not is something that might be interesting to me in a year or so.

Absolutely right, Geier. This provides us with stuff for years.

For the first time in my life, I really invest quite some money in my rig soon, cause I want to see

this sim in all it's unfolding beauty; and still be able to make a FRAPS movie with good frame rates.

(Ant zen, I vill flood ze worrld vizz breasstakink dogfight moovies! Mmmuahahahahaaaa!!!!)

Herr Olham, aka "The Producer" .Well I am still waiting for the trackir vid you promised :scenic:

Hey, Jim, nice you're here!

I said it somewere before - since I use TrackIR, my framerates drop to 15 - 12, as soon as I start FRAPS to record.

But I'll uprate my system now - it's rather building a new one almost.

I got an almost unused GAINWARD HD 4870 with 1 GB for 180,- Euro from a friend (he sold it, cause it can't render movies - I don't need that).

Also got 4 GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR2 from him.

Now, I'll get a CORE 2 8400 or 8600 CPU, and off it goes - the only weak part of the whole system will then be ME (Lol!)

I'm a bit afraid though - the AI may also benefit from the possible speed?

Upgrades! Zer gut! Get 'er done. Best wishes on that. Sounds good to me but I know nothing.

I've been waiting on the Nieup 28 for a long time

I'm thinking it has the maneuverability of a rotary and the speed to keep up ith the in-lines

She'll also allow us Yanks to enter the fray at the earliest possible date

May be wrong, but I don't think any units were orignally equiped with Spads

Cheers,

I throw my vote in with the early two seaters and scouts. It would be nice to fly the EIII at some time when it wasn't obsolete. Like Voisins and Farmans, Moranes, Aviatiks, etc.

I voted for the Zeppelin, but totally agree with OVS on this one,

its important to get the earlier a/c done first from a historical point of view,

Also please consider, couldrons, Voisins, bleriots Fokker DII's Taube aviatik etc,

:yes:

OOO Fokker D.II. That'd be cool too. :good:

-Rooster

Great input, guys! Keep the votes (and the opinions) going!

I agree about the early war 2 seaters. Would be nice to see some Aviatiks, as well as the Morane Parasol. I don't know about the VERY early planes, like the Taube however. Seems they would be too difficult and slow to be fun to fly, except for QC's. OTOH, they would be nice additions as AI only planes.

Great input, guys! Keep the votes (and the opinions) going!

I agree about the early war 2 seaters. Would be nice to see some Aviatiks, as well as the Morane Parasol. I don't know about the VERY early planes, like the Taube however. Seems they would be too difficult and slow to be fun to fly, except for QC's. OTOH, they would be nice additions as AI only planes.

I think that the very early planes (such as the Taube, maybe a Bleriot?) would be a blast to fly, very challenging too. More chance of cracking up on the landing than anything else.

-Rooster

Just for sheer curiosity as to how it flies...I'd go for a Rumpler Taube.

Hey, Jim, nice you're here!

I said it somewere before - since I use TrackIR, my framerates drop to 15 - 12, as soon as I start FRAPS to record.

But I'll uprate my system now - it's rather building a new one almost.

I got an almost unused GAINWARD HD 4870 with 1 GB for 180,- Euro from a friend (he sold it, cause it can't render movies - I don't need that).

Also got 4 GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR2 from him.

Now, I'll get a CORE 2 8400 or 8600 CPU, and off it goes - the only weak part of the whole system will then be ME (Lol!)

I'm a bit afraid though - the AI may also benefit from the possible speed?

Hey Olham!..any chance you could make a vid using the Pirates of the Carribean theme tune?...that would be wicked!!!

Hi All....I chose 4, but am happy as a clam with anything....Appears to be a great fun game but frustrasting as Hell.... Flew 4 trips as a Gerry pilot, mostly warped thru and received a promotion but wasn't any fun...nothin to shoot at atall....does one gain anything by attacking fields during these boring flights? Any place to pick up flights made by others? Thanks

Hi Burt, let me quess, you are flying early in the war in a southern sector? I did that, not much action. Stay to the northern half of the front and you should see plenty of targets. Good luck!