Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

Excuses, apologies & explainantions...

Alright...

I've addressed this in private but within the last few days I've been questioned as to my whereabouts by several forum members via email...

As I said to them... quoting Mark Twain "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"...

The reality is, I've ultimately been a lazy turd.

It all started with a upgrade from XP to Vista. This upgrade unwittingly rendered my long-in-the-tooth version 3d Studio MAX r4 useless (as it's unsupported and would not run regardless of what I did) This lead to several bouts of failed partitioning to try and cram XP back in my PC, which then lead to the purchase of 3d Studio MAX r6 and my discovery that though it does run under Vista, it's the most craptacular version of 3ds and can't even handle the r6 exporter plugin... Plan "B" had to be enacted apparently.

Cue Christmas... This ol' bear enters hibernation. (Well not really hibernation... more like lazy sloth mode) No real excuses other than the large span between the the Vista debacle and now has left me highly unmotivated.

I've since gotten my r4 running again within Virtual PC on XP (this endeavor was yet another diversion to add to the myriad of other diversions I've encountered) and all is right with the world.

That said, I owe apologies to a handful of you who are waiting for various projects I've promised to you... I swear I will get these done. These are projects I had/have high interest in, and do wish to bring them to fruition.

To the rest of you, thank you for your patience. As the old man in the Monty Python Holy Grail movie said...

"I'm not dead yet"!. :biggrin:

Edited by Zurawski

So, Furies soon? :biggrin:

I think everybody just drops out of their established routine now and then, especially in these late winter months of general pergatory. No need to apologise at all, but it is good to know that you didn't REALLY go off to start a commune on mars called "Zurtopia Mk.I", and inadvertantly take a wrong turn at TMA-1 and end up in orbit around uranus.

So, Furies soon? :biggrin:

Well... "Yes". Though this depends on your definition of "soon". Soon as in "two weeks" or soon as in relevent to plutos orbit around the sun?

Well... "Yes". Though this depends on your definition of "soon". Soon as in "two weeks" or soon as in relevent to plutos orbit around the sun?

At this point, I'll settle for soon relative to Stiglr (ass) becoming a friendly, supportive, contributing member of the community. :blink:

At this point, I'll settle for soon relative to Stiglr (ass) becoming a friendly, supportive, contributing member of the community. :blink:

So basically either when hell freezes over or when he becomes a target on a hit list. I'm sure the results of the later would be very supportive and contributing to the community. :biggrin:

Yeah, that was just wrong of me to say, but who's going to complain?

We need to start a corporation called Stiglr (ass) Inc.

No worries Dave....lazy.... :lol:

That sounds like something you'll most likely find in a red light district full of 'strange people with strange interests'.

So basically either when hell freezes over or when he becomes a target on a hit list. I'm sure the results of the later would be very supportive and contributing to the community. :biggrin:

Yeah, that was just wrong of me to say, but who's going to complain?

Complain?... Hell, I encourage!

A massive climate change in hades or the constant fear of being wacked might actually get me off my arse and get these projects done... :wink:

How could I have missed this thread..

"You went somewhere????" :rofl:

j/k!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

The reality is, I've ultimately been a lazy turd.

Long live the lazy turd ! :biggrin:

Long live the lazy turd ! :biggrin:

So, lazy turd, good to have your smelly self back amongst the fearless and faithful. :biggrin:

I had no idea we have so many frick'n comedians!....

:lmaosmiley:

Go ahead roast while you can... I'll get a couple of projects done and ya'll groveling at my feet once more...

:worship:

Edited by Zurawski

Surely we would Zur

:fans:

I had no idea we have so many frick'n comedians!....

:lmaosmiley:

Go ahead roast while you can... I'll get a couple of projects done and ya'll groveling at my feet once more...

:worship:

You know it.... :lol:

Every time I see you post, I think it's me. Damn your name being so close to mine!

Alright...

I've addressed this in private but within the last few days I've been questioned as to my whereabouts by several forum members via email..

Don't lie...you are too busy cross dressing. :no:

You should go to frugalsworld and help Stiglr with his cockpit. :ph34r:

Don't lie...you are too busy cross dressing. :no:

You should go to frugalsworld and help Stiglr with his cockpit. :ph34r:

Holy schnit!!!

SEE!!!! Rumors of my demise does drag people out of the woodwork! (You'd think I owed him money or something) :biggrin:

Re: Cross dressing... Need I remind you that you were the first to ask if I was wearing undies or if I was commando... :rofl:

Re: Stiglr... I think moneys on me getting a project out before he does his pit.

Edited by Zurawski

Holy schnit!!!

SEE!!!! Rumors of my demise does drag people out of the woodwork! (You'd think I owed him money or something) :biggrin:

Re: Cross dressing... Need I remind you that you were the first to ask if I was wearing undies or if I was commando... :rofl:

Re: Stiglr... I think moneys on me getting a project out before he does his pit.

Commando.... It's not just one of the greatest Arnold movies ever made!

You still owe me a Wisconsin based pastry of some sort, but that's OK. :yes:

Stiglr... I think moneys on me getting a project out before he does his pit.

Hell, I'd put money on the iceage showing up before his pit does.

WOLF