Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Carlos

Some moments are unbelivable

There are things that happens to us sometimes that are hard to believe or even reproduce...

I was trying to hit a fuel tank in my Jaguar (NF3). As i´m not a strong believer in Paveway capabilities , I fire the only one i had in center line and almost instantly iniate a hard negative G dive to hit the target using 750lb bomb in my CCIP.

The result:in the left side of my canopy I saw a dark shadow flying really near me: the Paveway.

I actually could saw her flying until hit and vaporize the target( I was usinf TIR4)

I only wanted to take a picture to you guys,that´s was beaultiful!

Unfortunatly, not all unbelivable moments are so welcome.

One i remember in particular was in WOV. A SAM i didn't spot the launch of came right at me from dead ahead and passed by so close i swear i thought it went right over the wing of my Thud!

While i was chuckling and gloating at the miss the SAM proceeded to blow away my wingman who was about a mile behind and above me. :blink:

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Can't say it's as impressive as those, but I've flown ahead of my own Mavericks quite a few times. I've done it especially in the F-111. Doing a practice run on the range, and looked to my right and saw the smoke trail nearly behind me, so I had to bank left so I wouldn't get into the SAM envelope..

Can't say it's as impressive as those, but I've flown ahead of my own Mavericks quite a few times. I've done it especially in the F-111. Doing a practice run on the range, and looked to my right and saw the smoke trail nearly behind me, so I had to bank left so I wouldn't get into the SAM envelope..

are the maverik too slow?

While testing the internal beta of F-22, I made steep dive from around 40K-50K feet, and without a point shoot short burst of my gun... few seconds later I passed near slowing down tracers at supersonic, with my mouth wide opened :fie:

I don't remember what difficulty I played on, but i was going down so FAST :blink: I didn't recovered

^An F-11F shot itself down IRL doing that.

Yeah, known story, the only one plane that shoot self in history with own guns (not to mention one WW2 Dornier self-killed with experimental projectile)

Yeah, known story, the only one plane that shoot self in history with own guns (not to mention one WW2 Dornier self-killed with experimental projectile)

Well, the bomb itself almost hit me, passing by my left canopy side about four meters (what I think of it if was real life)

But in fact I was so hipnotized in staring at that paveway on my side that I only remember to recover at the very last moment.

I was not worried about dying ingame, as long I could see the paveway guiding to it´s target.

Probably a common occurence:

I get hit by a friendly sidewinder while chasing a MiG.

Probably a common occurence:

I get hit by a friendly sidewinder while chasing a MiG.

Yes, but we are talking about been hit by our own weapons, after been lauched by ourselves.

the F-14 was originally designed to carry Sparrows recessed inbetween the engines. during flight testing a test round was fired off and pitched up and into the Tomcat. pilot had to eject and a/c was lost. not combat but another case of getting shot down by your own rounds

These things happens to me all the time... Thanks God (or this sim god, TK) that fuel tanks (or any other loadout) are not "solid"...

I once was "hit" by a wingman's fuel tank, but noting happens. Nothing like this...

I got killed by my own X-Ray flying an F-22A.

The IRIS-T explodes underneath my wing as I try to launch it... Flew a MiG-29 at that time.

Flying a BF109's is really quite tough but hey... they're still cool though...heheh :biggrin: ...but speaking of freaking moments..hihhii... doing some intercept missions and came upon a B-29 w/c well....ehhe...forgot to adjust some dates in .ini's..hehhee...so there i am.... face to face with a really big one...heheh...as i was to do some straffing....and so engulfed in making a shot...bullets came raining, never thought it was that many... just imagine 4 B-29's in a formation making a LOT of "bullet rain"...ehhehheh..... and so i just back out... low on fuel... but honestly.... its so darn intimidating seeing all those freaking bullets passing iside by side..hehehe...not to mess wid dem again... got to find some other "targets"...ehheheh

ey.... speaking of high-flying WWII bombers.... is there anybody out who would "build" some B-17's....just to complete the "Bomber family"....hehhe..hey, if B-29 is for the "A-Bomb", hw about B-17's... its the "icon" of Bombing of Berlin at the middle of '43 to '44....hehehe.....<--- just a WWII fan though....heheh :biggrin:

The IRIS-T explodes underneath my wing as I try to launch it... Flew a MiG-29 at that time.

I tried firing a QAAM from a stock Mig-23 and instead I exploded. not sure what happened there, but the missile worked fine with Flankers. I haven't tried ti on a Flogger since so it may have been a freak occurence.