Dave asked me to post up some wip shots of the stuff I have going on.

I've been working on a new replacement for the O-1E. Since he's gone missing from SF2V, I guess you can consider it new. The package will be for the new SF2 series but I'm sure with a bit of folder manipulation it will all work as a package in the WOX series. I'm planning all new weapons, pilots, texture sets and especially a kick ass FM. About that FM...My God, Kreelin has taken my shameful attempt of a FM and turned it into something you have to "feel" to believe, if that makes any sense. So far, it has the moves of a wide receiver and the the speed of fastball. I've gained a new found respect for Snoopy. Think you got the balls to tangle with Charlie's AAA this low and slow?

snoopyisback.jpg

Can't have a Vietnam sim without the US Army, now can we? Yep, they were there too but left out in SF2V. So I've taken the liberty of making the needed files for you to take a trip to the Delta as a Wobbly One and see if you can't spot a few VC. Once you've found him, call in a Snake or two and remind them why you carry eight willie petes. If you manage to score a few brownie points, the brass will have a new set of medals waiting.

earlydelta.jpg

snakeinthegrass.jpg

The Cobra is a an early model G (glass nose). The rest of the variants will follow...along with a slew of helos. All in the same detail as the Bird Dog, of course.

No time frame. Don't ask. I'm going for quality not quantity.

Damn that G Cobra is sweet. The detail on the Bird Dog is amazing. I mean look at the ammo belt feeding the gun. Good stuff.

Both are HOT! Outstanding Details.....

BTW. FAC as a Mission, Still works in Campaigns....He just doesn't Orbit......

Edited by 331Killerbee

What is this?

FSX? :biggrin:

Hell, That blows away FSX by far......

And you can't kill anything in FSX.

Holy friggin crap, nice bird dogs. Great work, might be worth the low and slow just to fly those beauties!

Those Bird Dogs are absolutely amazing :shok: :shok: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

that level of detail is amazing!i can almost "feel" the rivets on 'em!WOW!! :bowdown2:

Yeah that's real texturing skill at work there.

Yeah that's real texturing skill at work there.

I'll second that !

They look excellent. :good:

I have to ask...will they be YAP items only, or availabe for seperate purchase?

Superb looking Cessna!!

wrench

kevin stein

I have to ask...will they be YAP items only, or availabe for seperate purchase?

Superb looking Cessna!!

wrench

kevin stein

Non YAP.

Guest a10boar

Man oh man,what a fantastic job!

Thanks for the enthusiasm, guys. I'm glad you like the work. Not having a time line to meet allows me to do the things I want to do correctly. Yes, there are other projects. Off hand, I have the O-2, OH-6A and the UH-1 series after the O-1 and AH-1G.

Just to clear this up, there is no YAP involvement on my part. What you see of mine in YAP2 is lots of reused work. So, like lots of other things, lets just leave all that in the past and move on.

Guest a10boar

Old Diego,any chance the OH-6A will have the T-tail rather than the V-tail?Like to mimic a MH-600D for later years of service or have if this is possible?Of course beggars can not be choosers and will be very estatic with any new aircraft available of these calibers.

The initial release will be the OH-6A with the V-tail and will be geared toward SF2V. Since the aircraft will be a package with cockpit etc, I don't want to get side tracked by later year variants and add more work for myself. I won't rule out future variants though...just not right off the bat.

Guest a10boar
The initial release will be the OH-6A with the V-tail and will be geared toward SF2V. Since the aircraft will be a package with cockpit etc, I don't want to get side tracked by later year variants and add more work for myself. I won't rule out future variants though...just not right off the bat.

Can respect that and thanks for fast reply.

Thanks to Kreelin and Steve for the flight model work. A thank you isn't enough to match the quality and detail of this FM. The good part is that the AI can handle it too. With that major hurdle left behind, I began work on the damage model. Interesting learning all this and what can/can't be done.

o1dmwip14may09.jpg