Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

OFF BH&H, future: Work in Progress

Im just going to come out and say it. I want every single "significant" plane of the war. From parasols and Tauben to Gothas and HPs. From home defense to Russia. Ill take it all. But in the meantime, the game is fantastic and anything else that is added in is just great in my opinion.

Edited by Test Pilot

STAND STILL LADDIE! Learn to fly your scout planes or ya can't have any two-seaters. HOW CAN YA HAVE ANY TWO-SEATERS IF YA DON'T LEARN TO FLY YOUR SCOUTS?!

BTW, I also vote for more two-seaters. Perhaps a Floyd...er...Lloyd. :biggrin:

S!

Lou

You know P-W...really...all in all...it's just another brick in the wall.

:rockon:

I see so many people wanting parasols, and I can't help but ask myself, WHY? By all accounts, the thing was an underpowered, unmaneuverable, flimsy, and extremely crank and unstable POS unable to hold its own against DFWs. If that's what you like, why do I seem to be one of the few people to fly the Fee very much?

It was more an observation/photographic/artillery spotter than a fighting scout. Recon was the most important role for aircraft in WW1. And it was a historically significant aircraft in the early part of the war which is why the devs have always intended to include it.

Thanks Catch!

Cheers,

shredward

Great News on the works in progress they will make the best flight sim even better (if thats possible!)

IMHO - I think its important to include more of the aircraft that were used earlier on in the war when the military were still trying to iron out which roles these new fangled machines would have. although i love the kills & medals aspect of the flight sim, its also about getting the job done, & surviving to the next mission. - i'm flying the be2 at the mo,

I'm not going to add my "wishlist" to the debate as it would not be fair to the developers. the wishlists have already been put forward on previous posts even back in the days of P2! so they know what theyre doing.

just let me know when the works in progress are ready, & i'll send in the money :good:

I know I'm mad..Iv'e always been mad...Like most of us are"

Honestly, I'd lobby Pol and Winder like crazy not to include the Gotha or the E.V. Simply because the Gotha did not have a vast effect directly on the Front as compared to the LVG, Rumpler, Albatros type bombers... and for the E.V/D.VIII, I love it, but I'd rather see the skies of sothern France populated with the Pflaz D.XII. For the very limited amount of time the D.VIII was in service, it would not compare to the need we have of the Southern Jastas flying the Pflaz.

I think Pol had a partially complete D.VIII hiding in the back of the hangar, so if it's something that he doesn't have to slave over, then go for it. But there are only 2 of us modeling now, so time well spent is time building planes that had a direct effect on the war.

OvS

PS... I can't wait to see that DH5 in action, that's such a cool looking plane.

D.XII would be fantastic. I don't know why but I have always liked Pflaz aircraft.

We all have our personal favorites, but I think filling in the most commonly used planes is the best way to go. I like the idea of starting with a squadron early and trying to stay with it through the war. No more "aircraft not available" warnings.

But any new planes will make me happy!

Crossbones

I can understand the argument against late war aircraft like the Snipe, which is why I feel the need to push it at every opportunity, as I can see why the devs haven't done one as yet.

If I am totally honest, I guess it's the Two Seaters which are begging for more reinforcements

I'm with you, Widowmaker - 2 seaters are probably more of a priority; but give me my Snipe. Want it, want it, want it! :shout:

In an alternate world where everything is possible I'd like this lovely little Demoiselle for a bit of non-combat fun ! Pre WW1 of course (although it is a parasol configuration :wink: ). Now that's real seat of the pants stuff eh ! I flew a similar kite back in the early 80's when the "ultralight" craze was beginning to ... erm .... take off. Wonderful experience. Wish I'd stuck at it .... but RL intrudes and can sidetrack a bloke you know ! bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger ....

post-22621-1242284812_thumb.jpg

Just my 2-cents here. I remember the OFF team having a few aircraft started, I would like to see them finished, no matter what type they are, then to start new ones at this point. Of course only if there is less work to do so then to start one from scratch.

Then maybe the OFF team could make a list of aircraft they feel should be next, kind of fulling the voids. They could then post a poll and have us vote on which ones we would like, setting up a build order. This way it would give everyone a direction and something to look forward to.

Another thought here would be, is to build the new planes in order of development and year in service, that would work too.

Cheers,

WF2

Edited by Womenfly2

Hey, WomenFly2, here's some good post news for you and all:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=288544

But apart from that, I believe to know the devels

good enough now to think, that they won't make

any poll or debate about the next craft to come.

They will rather go after history, importance, production numbers - not what anyone would LIKE to see.

And so, I'm afraid your D VIII may have come too late and in too little numbers, to get included.

(But I'd like her, too!)

Hey, WomenFly2, here's some good post news for you and all:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=288544

But apart from that, I believe to know the devels

good enough now to think, that they won't make

any poll or debate about the next craft to come.

They will rather go after history, importance, production numbers - not what anyone would LIKE to see.

And so, I'm afraid your D VIII may have come too late and in too little numbers, to get included.

(But I'd like her, too!)

I know what your saying, I have been here from the very start of OFF, it was only a suggestion. Looks like I may have to learn to model one myself ..... LOL!

Cheers,

WF2

Im just going to come out and say it. I want every single "significant" plane of the war. From parasols and Tauben to Gothas and HPs. From home defense to Russia. Ill take it all. But in the meantime, the game is fantastic and anything else that is added in is just great in my opinion.

I'd love to see a Taube- mainly because I have never found a model of that beautiful type anywhere, and I would love to fly one. As it is I am very happy to see the Parasol and the Clutching Hand.

More 2 seaters are definitely needed. I should like to see the Channel opened up too- but that needs a lot of machines- Zeppelins, Brandebergs etc. But at least then the coastal defense units would have something to do apart from sitting out at Eastchurch and chatting to chorus girls.

I'd love to see a Taube- mainly because I have never found a model of that beautiful type anywhere, and I would love to fly one. As it is I am very happy to see the Parasol and the Clutching Hand.

More 2 seaters are definitely needed. I should like to see the Channel opened up too- but that needs a lot of machines- Zeppelins, Brandebergs etc. But at least then the coastal defense units would have something to do apart from sitting out at Eastchurch and chatting to chorus girls.

You can fly a Taube in the WW1 mod for Fighter Squadron..... But, it's not anywhere near OFF.... But if you are desperate :good:

It dose a heart good to see tha plane addons. I'm very excited.

Hats off to the Dev team!

Oh...Snipe..yeeesss please...

at least then the coastal defense units would have something to do apart from sitting out at Eastchurch and chatting to chorus girls.

And what exactly is wrong with chatting up chorus girls? Yes, I know it's a tough job, but... :biggrin:

Uh-huh... yep...

I don't see anything with GERMAN CROSSES on them!!!!

forever biased... ;)

OvS

No problem. Once I get in the cockpit of that N-24, I'll put plenty of little german crosses right down the side of my plane. Ha ha. :) J/K

/salute

Hellshade

Hey, WomenFly2

that's some idea! Can you come up with flight characteristics of that D VIII ?

And I will investigate for the modelling program. I'm sure I can learn to build that craft.

I think, Hauksbee will help me there. What d'you say?

Hey, WomenFly2

that's some idea! Can you come up with flight characteristics of that D VIII ?

And I will investigate for the modelling program. I'm sure I can learn to build that craft.

I think, Hauksbee will help me there. What d'you say?

Absolutely!

Can't keep this to myself...

Sandbagger has just delivered 60 Squadron's SE5s...

Those of you who are switch-hitters um errrr

who play for both sides ahhmmmm

who like colourful a/c - yes, that's what I meant :blush:

will love these :good:

Cheers,

shredward