Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-35A/B/C Lightning II V 2.3

Atreides, is your gundata.ini/gundata.dat located in your objects folder and not your weapons folder? For a while I couldn't get the gun to show up back at Beta 1.6, and couldn't figure out why. Then, either Wrench or FC pointed out the obvious "gundata.ini" and "gundata.dat" don't go in the weapons folder, but stay in objects. Fixed the problem instantly. Just an idea, if that ain't it, I don't know what it is.

I think it happens in some occasions because the pit's skin has a huge resolution. I think it's a memory problem.

I agree, I just saw that the bmp is 48MB! Going to resize that down to about 6 to 12.

Atreides, is your gundata.ini/gundata.dat located in your objects folder and not your weapons folder?

Yes its in the objects folder. Screw it I'll just give the A the F-22 gun and use something else for the B and C. Thanks anyways for your assist.

Guest a10boar
Yes its in the objects folder. Screw it I'll just give the A the F-22 gun and use something else for the B and C. Thanks anyways for your assist.

Atreides, have the same problem and my gundata.ini and gundata.dat is in the objects folder. XP Pro SP3 does not allow to set compatibility to any OS that works. So,leave guneditor.exe/weaponeditior.exe in a zip folder and open with 7zip and for some simple reason, I guess, it works all but the F-35A/B internal guns. You would figure others would come forward on this but, maybe because, others have moved on to newer OS and have not had our problem. Os related problems is not in KB. And been flamed twice for mentioning.

you can upload your current gundata ini and the gundata entry for the F-35 gun here ( put al linto a zip file) .. then somebody can add the gun and repost it .. or send it to a friend via PM...

yes we can!!!1

:skull:

Just thought of something: did you check the gundata.ini entry vs. the F-35's data.ini? The older entry for the GAU-22 was 25MM_GAU-22/A, but it is now 25MM_GAU-22A. That had my gun missing for a little while, when I noticed my installed GAU-22 had a slash between the 22 and the A. Deleted that and it worked.

Gun issue fixed....I hope

Dave,

It seems you've uploaded the SF2 version twice, instead of the SFP1/WOV/WOE/WOI one

Dave,

It seems you've uploaded the SF2 version twice, instead of the SFP1/WOV/WOE/WOI one

Ah rats! I will fix it.

Fixed. Sorry guys.

Ah i can't make the guns to work anyway i try !

I double-checked the .ini and the readme, and still no joy , .ini file is in right place, gun is rightly numbered in the list, i didn't edit anything on the original stats of the gun , and yet it doesn't respond, i press the gun button and the dead silent gun makes me sick...

Help please ! Thanks !

Did you load the gun pod? The Marine and Navy ones had a gun pod. The USAF had an internal gun.

Actually the option doesn't even appear ...

I might have to reinstall my WoE, too many mods, it's starting to get confusing around there...

Dave: I'm using this in SF-1. Main problem is that in SF-1 you can't switch the cockpit bounce OFF.

So a lot of the fine lines and small text on the panel flickers when you get moving - now you see it, now you don't, type of thing.

Turning off the cockpit bounce would sort things. I believe you can do that in SF2.

Anyway, because I enjoy flying this aircraft, I took your 48 meg panel file and increased the font size on all the text, and made it bold. That fixed the text flicker.

I then widened all the image lines, and that fixed the graphic flicker.

Ideally the text font should be OCR, like the operating digits, which is what the actual aircraft uses, but that flickers worse than anything.

Even better would be the ability to turn off cockpit bounce in SF1. I could scream over that.

Anyway, thanks for this great aircraft. I learned a lot from browsing your avionics.ini, particularly that you can increase the font size for the HUD (I use 20 now), and you can expand the area in which it is visible. A lot of other aircraft I fly have benefitted from this.

• Like 1