Sign in to follow this  
Tripe & Flaming Onions

It's all go now (BHaH arrived)

Hi Guys,

Well my DVD arrived yesterday, was a little concerned as two of the splines holding it in place had broken and

the DVD had rattled around in transit, causing scratching on the surface, however, all worked fine :good: .

Installed today and went on a QC. Within a couple of minutes my first pilot bit the dust (and I didn't even see it coming :dntknw: )

I see I'm going to go through roughly a small continent's population in pilots.

Will have to keep settings reasonably low till the next upgrade (might take a small XLotto win).

Get the feeling I'm gonna get used to the taste of dirt :ohmy:

Cheers,

T&FO.

Don't worry, you're not alone. We all know what dirt tastes like. If you mix a little gasoline and castor oil with it, it digests better. NOT! :bad:

CJ

Don't worry, you're not alone. We all know what dirt tastes like. If you mix a little gasoline and castor oil with it, it digests better. NOT! :bad:

CJ

CJ: Your new avitar cracks me up. :haha:

Thanks Rabu. I found two pictures of Feldman in that outfit. The other one I use at SOH.

CJ

post-45778-1243095253_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rabu. I found two pictures of Feldman in that outfit. The other one I use at SOH.

CJ

To bad you cant find one of him riding a camel. That would be great!

GB

Hey, Tripe - you can use the Workshop setting "die roll at death".

Now your pilot will only loose all his kills and medals, but you don't have to rewrite

his names again and again. It's not much different to "dead is dead", I think.

Thanks for the idea's guys,

TrackIR 4 just arrived today (as if my learning curve wasnt steep enough :blink: )

Better dust off my other remaining brain cell.

Cheers,

T&FO.

Well I finally got off the bandwagon and ordered OFF last week. It I hope will be here sometime this week. I as well have been given TrackIR 3 as a gift and it does take some getting used to. :hi:

Welcome aboard Tripe and Wolfar. So much to learn..... so little time. Have a blast! Archie will see to that. Cheers!

Welcome aboard Tripe and Wolfar. So much to learn..... so little time. Have a blast! Archie will see to that. Cheers!

Well normally I hang out over at the other form. (Sim HQ) But I needed constant fresh information for OFF. I flew CFS3 for about a year and because of the Multi play problems my squad dumped it. So I reloaded it and I am getting back in the swing. Even though I see it is a NEW game now with everything the OFF team has done.

Ordered OFF the other day and also hopefully Trackir 5 should turn up tomorrow :biggrin:

Got mine last week --

but only got to it yesterday.

Ran fine once I figured out 1) you need to start CFS 3 first (forgot that), 2) sliders at 5 is not a good idea, and 3) (next time) read the FAQ before . . . but I managed.

I have over 4 hours already -- I haven't done WW I since the first release -- so it is great to get back to basics!

I'll say it again: very big thank you -- it's awesome!

I have used TrackIR in all of my flight sims exclusively...................but in OFF3, find that Padlock works so good that I find myself using it as much as TIR.

BadBud

www.simflight.com

Ran fine once I figured out 1) you need to start CFS 3 first (forgot that),

Seems odd....Running CSF3 first was a fix for a bug (the hang-on-exit bug if I recall) but this hasn't been necessary for ages as the bug was fixed long long ago. Running CSF3 shouldn't be necessary and I haven't heard anyone else having to do it. What problem do you get if you don't run CSF3 first?

Seems odd....Running CSF3 first was a fix for a bug (the hang-on-exit bug if I recall) but this hasn't been necessary for ages as the bug was fixed long long ago. Running CSF3 shouldn't be necessary and I haven't heard anyone else having to do it. What problem do you get if you don't run CSF3 first?

I'm sorry I don't think this is right!

Always, from the start of OFF Phase 1 right thru, when installing, it is necessary to run CFS3 once, i.e fly it once, after installing CFS3 and patching to 3.1, and before installing OFF.

The reason is that there are certain files which are put into the registry as a result of making a flight.

These files are necessary for OFF.

This is still the case, certainly if your CFS3 is the original two disc version.

I'm not exactly sure what the position is with the Ubisoft DVD disc version of CFS3, but the install instructions on OFF website no doubt clearly states it.

Hello,

I'm sorry I don't think this is right!

Always, from the start of OFF Phase 1 right thru, when installing, it is necessary to run CFS3 once, i.e fly it once, after installing CFS3 and patching to 3.1, and before installing OFF.

The reason is that there are certain files which are put into the registry as a result of making a flight.

These files are necessary for OFF.

This is still the case, certainly if your CFS3 is the original two disc version.

I'm not exactly sure what the position is with the Ubisoft DVD disc version of CFS3, but the install instructions on OFF website no doubt clearly states it.

Hmm, since i finally got the CFS3-DVD version and CFS3 not installed at all (de-installed phase 2 completely, including registry entries, and reboot), the installation process just asked me to insert the CFS3 DVD for a few seconds, until replacing it again with the OFF DVD disc, and getting on with the installation.

And the game works perfectly or so i thought - ahem - did i install it the right way then ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

Just to clarify this one more time..

for BH&H:

1) it is NOT necessary to run CFS3 first with BH&H (Phase 3) at all ever, and if your CD or DVD is CFS v3.1 then you do not need to install it either usually.

2) Even if you have an older CFS3 that needs patching to v3.1 first. Install it , patch it. Install OFF BH&H (i.e. no need to fly in CFS3).

3) The DVD version of CFS3 is only needed once during initial install to verify it and copy some files from CFS3. It has no protection on it so is not needed when you fly OFF either.

For older Phases 1 & 2:

1) For P1 and P2 it is necessary to install CFS3 first, patch where necessary to v3.1 (not for newer CDs or DVD), and then you MUST run CFS3 first. THEN install OFF.

For all versions of OFF - CD versions of CFS3 will need to be in the drive to fly OFF as they do have copy protection. DVD version will not.