Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

So we got any Bikers out there....

Just wondering what we have in the way of bikers out there and what you currently riding, when you ride and all that...

I have 2 weapons of choice

Kawasaki ZZR1100

Kawasaki ZZR600

Ride everyday all weathers...

Tweaked 02 Honda F4i.

Looking to buy a used GSXR600 2002 and up (once I find a job again) as a strictly track bike.

GSXR600's good bikes for tracks...

And your F4i we know as the CBR600 over here...

Edited by PACMAN

I have a 2008 Can-Am Spyder.

post-23603-1244551547_thumb.jpg

Edited by TurtleHawk

A tricycle ? Kewl :tomato: J/K

And your F4i we know as the CBR600 over here...

So what do you guys call the CBR600RR ?

EDIT:- You got pics of your bike that you can post ? Yeah, I heard that GSXRs are god track bikes too, but I dont want the throttle by wire models for street or track dont like the idea of a comp trying to predict my riding style, prefer the cable so that "I" have direct control over the power output. I mean the throttle by wire is neat tech but, its a bike not an aircraft.

(Heading out for a ride on a really nice summer afternoon)

gallery_21253_98_125651.jpg

Edited by Atreides

EDIT:- You got pics of your bike that you can post ? Yeah, I heard that GSXRs are god track bikes too, but I dont want the throttle by wire models for street or track dont like the idea of a comp trying to predict my riding style, prefer the cable so that "I" have direct control over the power output. I mean the throttle by wire is neat tech but, its a bike not an aircraft.

gallery_21253_98_125651.jpg

A CBR600RR but I see all CBR600's as Bellybuttons as everyone seems to have one... lol as to the ride by wire stuff no chance man... my bikes still have Carbs in them hate having the thought of a computer getting involved in my riding experience... makes the ride much more to be controlling everything... also I can work on a set of carbs and the link where as injection gets in the way and makes life difficult... and as I like to tinker with my bikes carbs are the best...

Belly what ?Easy there J/K ! Mine is injected. Notice the difference from my carbed GS500F but I dont really mind it, a tad bit more time consuming on the DIY maint side, since I've gotten hold of a great manual and started to get into it.

Edited by Atreides

1992 Honda VFR750F

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

2003 Honda CBR1100XX

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01412c.jpg

ETA: changed last photo with cropped version

Edited by Growler67

This is starting to look like a hoohar club :smile2:

But a bike in black always looks good... but not as fast as a Red Bike...

Not really into bikes myself (although who can resist watching Steve McQueen try to make it over the Swiss border - what was that, a BMW R-75?), but a guy from work left us a few months ago and is now riding from the UK to either Vladivostock or Seoul.

According to his blog he's currently somewhere in Azerbaijan...

http://two-wheeled-adventures.blogspot.com/

Now thats a journey and a half and the Steve McQueen bike was a Triumph 650 made out to look like a BMW 75...

And thanks for the link...

Edited by PACMAN

2003 YZF-R6

This very color. Use racing compound tires. Yeah they don't last long but man can you thrash twisties.

bought my first harley in 72' did the badass biker thing for 32 years then bought a busa!!!everyone thought i was crazy,and wouldn't live another year!my ride now is a tricked out buell 1125.

I've got a 1985 Honda XL350R. I bought it almost a year ago and it was a basket case. My dad and I fixed it all up, got everything working as it should, and now it's my daily driver and only (motorized) wheels. It's fast enough to be fun, but nice and small so I don't kill myself. Cheap gas and insurance, too. I hope to move up to a used SV650S or FZ6 as soon as I can afford one...

@ Atreides, there's an '07 GSXR 750 with no lights or fairings for sale over here, it's only $2,500 and would make a nice track bike. (LINK)

@ Dave, I had no idea you were a backroad blitzer!

I have a 1998 Buell S-1 Lightning. Mine is almost the same as this I have the same carbonfiber fender and air cover, but I have the twin tail which has about 8 inch longer seat w/a Corbin after market seat, much more comfortable than the stock seat.

Here are photos of my bike not 1 like mine.

Pic299.JPG

Pic300.JPG

Pic301.JPG

Pic303.JPG

Here are photos of my bike not 1 like mine.

Had:

1983 CB650

1985 Nighthawk 750

1996 Honda Magna recently sold in 2003

No more riding for me until I retire to a place that is no where near as congested as this hell-hole called Long Island. I don't want my daughter calling anyone else 'Daddy'.

All the best,

OvS

PS... My next ride WILL be a Road King. :good:

All right, you asked for it with all your high tech, multi cylinder, fuel injection, super power, Japanese guided missiles...

This is from before a lot of you were born, when piston engined planes flew war missions, from before rock & roll, from before Korea, when Europe was still a shambles from WW II, in other words an 1951 250cc BMW R25 2, and the smaller one is from 1969, from the days of the Vietnam War, a 50cc two stroke Austrian Puch MS 50V .......

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

Well, my mate made it back from his Great Trek. He's written a book about his adventures

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Life-Motorcycle-Odyssey/dp/0956476503/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265212456&sr=8-14

I'm going to have to get it because his blog got blocked when he crossed the border into China, I wanted to find out what happened next and he won't tell me!

Disaster struck when he got home though!

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/4738090.Globe_trotting_bike_taken_during_short_trip_to_store/?ref=rss

(edited for spelling mistake)

Edited by allenjb42

I am a biker.

Have been since 1980. :salute:

I am a big fan of Kawasaki's, retro kawasaki's.

Here are mine:

1993 ZXR750M1

DSCN0443.jpg

1979 Z650 C2

DSCN0125-1.jpg

1998 ZRX 1100R

zrx1100thebest.jpg

I'm actually looking at getting my M1 license this year and possibly buying a 2010 Fischer MRX... Only $8,000.00 for an American made bike that looks like an Italian exotic.

you wouldn't ride out in a summer day with such a jacket haha

i don't have a bike but sometimes i ride with my father's 2005 Honda Cb 600f Hornet

i dont have a photo of it so i'll take from internet hehe

18098113_3.jpg

18098113_1.jpg

Pretty much the same visual, just need to be a gentlemen with the trootle or you be the victm of Black widow as we call here heheh

Edited by Silverbolt

Any of you guys seriously bummed about what happened to Buell? I know I am.

Hey Slarti?

I'm amazed you can still ride through all that Northern Smog, Rain and Snow! :lol:

(looking forward to those Warm Summer evenings I bet?)

Well Widow old Chap one must try but at present no bike as I am looking at buying a new one as my 600 was killed by the French... after surviving a trip over the Alps and into southern Italy... as to the Warm Summer evenings I will settle for cool spring mornings... and evenings and anytime when there is no thick snow on the ground...

And to Buell going I am seriously annoyed as it was the only Harley I might have ridden...

Edited by Slartibartfast