Hellshade

Does P4 get it's own name?

Hey Devs,

So if Over Flanders Fields P3 is "Between Heaven and Hell", will P4 be annointed with a new name as well?

Maybe something like Over Flanders Fields : Air Combat Experience Simulator "ACES" Edition.

Hellshade

We hope something short and snappy like Over Flanders Fields : Air Combat Experience Simulator "ACES" Edition deluxe turbo GOLD intercooler GTi.

We hope something short and snappy like Over Flanders Fields : Air Combat Experience Simulator "ACES" Edition deluxe turbo GOLD intercooler GTi.

How about "Over Flanders Fields Life the Universe and Everything" that will keep peoples expectations realistic . :biggrin:

cheers

How about "Over Flanders Fields Life the Universe and Everything" that will keep peoples expectations realistic . :biggrin:

cheers

Have you read what people want to see in the P4 ideas thread? I think "Life, the Universe and Everything" might be an understatement. hehe

Maybe "OFF: Crosses of Honor" - since all the medals are being redone.

Hellshade

Have you read what people want to see in the P4 ideas thread? I think "Life, the Universe and Everything" might be an understatement. hehe

Hellshade

OFF: The Holy Grail

OFF: The Meaning of Life

OFF: History of the World Part II

OFF: Etc..etc.. etc..

or

OFF: The Pink Panther Returns

Even better...

OFF3: Rise of the Machines :rofl:

OFF: The Holy Grail

OFF: The Meaning of Life

OFF: History of the World Part II

OFF: Etc..etc.. etc..

or

OFF: The Pink Panther Returns

Even better...

OFF3: Rise of the Machines :rofl:

Oops. Didn't know "Crosses of Honor" was a movie. :dntknw:

Then definately we should go with something original like OFF: Topgun. :haha:

Can I have "Maverick & Goose" painted on the side of my two seater please?

Hellshade

Taking a quick look at my pilot dossiers, I think "OFF: Crosses of Wood" would be more fitting. :biggrin:

Hmm... if an Italian and/or UK Home Defence campaign is introduced then 'Over Flanders Fields' won't be accurate any longer either. I think 'Flying About, Doing Stuff' is sufficiently generic that anything can be added without having to think of a new title each time.

So Long..and thanks for all the fish!

OFF- The 20 minuters (or 5 mins in my case)

OFF - Between Heaven and Divorce!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Over Flanders Fields - Wooden Crosses

Yeah sounds about right!

WM

Mm good ideas I think we need a new competition for the name :). Need a few comedy craft to go with some of those though.

Why don't we up and start a compition, like we did for the naming of Phase III.

Only one stipulation, pilot's must still be alive on the release date to collect their prize

No confirmations for Dead Pilots . . . Fits right in :biggrin:

That's a great idea! *Quickly switches Workshop settings to "pilot never dies"*

Yes, absolutely let's go with that. :good:

You know maybe the confirmation thing is something we could play up in the title too. Over Flanders Fields : Confirmed Kills

Hell, a lot of people die in different flight sims, but only in OFF can you get "shot down" by your own Commanding Officer. It's the only sim I know of that you can't just take a kill confirmation for granted. The quest for confirmed kills and trying to live long enough to get them adds a considerable amount of emotional intensity to the game. I think I was more excited when my first claim got accepted than when I actually made the kill. Kind of interesting when you think about it. It's also something that sets WWI apart from every other air war. By the time WWII happened, gun cameras recorded most kills, confirming the pilots story. It kind of gets right to the heart of how far more difficult things were for the first men to fly and fight. It wasn't just trying to survive and make the kill. You had to get it confirmed or it never officially happened.

That reminds me of a quick suggestion for P4. How about when you make Ace with the required number of confirmed kills, you get your name in the next newspaper report on the war as your nations newest Ace.

/salute

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Just curious if P4 might be recieving a new name and from what I've read here, no movie titles.

If this is the case why is P3 named after a movie, yes it's a war movie, but what a crappy movie it was.

OFF Phase 4: Developer Vacation Deferred

"OFF: DVD"

Edited by SirMike1983

OFF Phase 4: Developer Vacation Deferred

"OFF: DVD"

Like that :good::biggrin:

"Over Flanders Fields: Die Really Easily"

To cover the Italian campaign, "Over Flanders Fields:Hannibal Revisited" (crossing the Alps).

How about Over Flanders Fields - On a Wing and a Prayer

Over Flanders Fields : The Addiction Continues

Since I built my new rig, I changed Regional Air Activity to "High" in the Workshop and I must say it is anything but lonely up there. I've encountered flights of 6 EA two seaters (I got one, but he took out my engine and I had to land in a field), flights of 7 Albatross DVas (I got 5 before I died!) and just this last mission was a base scamble where we were attacked by a mixture of DR 1 and DVas, all with black fuselages (anyone know what german squadron that would be?). At any rate, the sky is just filled with craft and it is more intense than ever. With the Tac display turned off as soon as I see a red blip, I find myself looking around like mad to be sure nobody is on my 6 once the furballs begin. I don't fly DiD because I use warp and unlimited fuel and there are so many planes in the sky I can rarely make it from one waypoint to the next without getting pulled out of warp because somebody is within 8 miles of me. It's not just the number of planes either. It's the variety of types and individual paint jobs that amazes me. I shot down an all black DR 1 that attacked my air field. I imagine he was an Ace but I have labels turned off so I can't be sure. I'll have to try and find out who because he was damn good.

/salute

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Over Flander's Fields: Rickitycrate's Fate

OFF: The Killer Kites

OFF: Better Than Sex

nah

LOL maybe "OFF: Free Sex" might sell well ?

Pol, it might sell well.

I had some more nonsense to add but thought better. I am just trying to get my mind around the idea of a P4. Such a happy thought in troubled times.

Over Flanders Fields : Huns in the Sun

Which would technically be "OFF HitS"

Probably make for some cool cover art too.

Hellshade