Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

I wonder what that will be

1) in the wishful thinkin department how about the berlin airlift went hot? F-80s, russian props(still doin research) and F-47's with C-54 and B-29's supporting. course i'm also paranoid cause i'm startin research into such a scenario and most of the first gen planes i've converted so far i find out some one else is also doing and probably much better.

2) i had the thought that maybe TK posted how he did to see what we would want espescially seeing all the posts. haven't been on here as long as most of you guys so i don't know but i've seen that sorta thing alot in my life.

Looking forward with great anticipation for the upcoming SF2:Israel.

The Suez crisis is historically insignificant in terms of air fights, compare to the other Arab-Israeli wars. It is redundant, as a stand alone release. I hope it will be merged into SF2:I, as an extra campaign.

WWII (Europe and pacific) and the Korean War are also preferable, from my point of view.

Pretty much everything except for a terrain and skins are available for TK to do a modern Korea scenario (say 1970s or 80s).

As well as land based US and South Korean F-4s, F-15s, F-16s and A-10s, you could have carrier ops like WOV, with maybe the F-14 and E-2C joining the A-6 and A-7 that already exist (with the Intruder being ugraded to an A-6E) and the MiG-29 and Su-25 joining the bad guys as new aircraft this time around, not to mention Chinese versions of the MiG-17 and MiG-21.

It is redundant, as a stand alone release. I hope it will be merged into SF2:I, as an extra campaign.

It's a stand alone add on. There are new aircraft and other things added to it. So, I wouldn't call it redundant. :)

It's a stand alone add on.

Not quite, you will need the SF2:Israel for it to work - it has the terrain.

BTW, I remember TK said that he'll try to release Suez both for WoI and SF2:I

GrViper,

DanW would know...........He works for ThirdWire......

:blush:

Yeah, but the only add-on TW had before (FE:XP1) did require the original game.

for the options evocated in all above posts

to be honnest it could any of them

why? the fact prouve that TK do whatever he want, even change his mind over his upcoming project

you just have to look at some options he stated he wolud never implement them in the past (for some in many year ago) which are present now to see that no door is close (or open) more than another.

Oops, yeah, it's an addon that requires IAF or SF2:I. :blush2: It won't be part of the SF2:I release but will come sometime after.

Don't get me wrong I would apsolutely LOVE to see TK's "SF2:Korea", but I just don't see it as an realistic option as TK stated himself several times.

He has? That bums me out. :sad:

Guess what TK said there will be 5 new tittles to the SF2 series which excludes the remakes.

Er, not sure what you mean, we're not close to "completing" SF2 series,we haven't even released any new games in the series yet, we're justfinishing up the initial conversion/upgrade from SF1. We're thinkingthe next 5 new titles, at least, will be in SF2 series, and exactlywhen we go to SF3 depends on how fast technology and the market move. icon_smile.gif

Ok, so a hypothetical expansion of an 80s conflict between US and USSR from beyond central Europe. That means it could be a real location, not like SF and SF2's Dhimar stuff, where they could have faced off like Iceland or Japan, or it could be indeed fictional again if they want to make their own terrain without worrying about adhering to real locations.

Why only 80s? SF2E starts in early 60s... Could be Caribbean :blink:

Hmm, let's see:

1. Cuba - missile crisis 1962 goes HOT, not a bad idea, you go from historical crisis to fictional but completely believable full escalation of the conflict, shortcomings are most notably too little ground for WP forces to stand on, if we put another realistic scenario out of the picture(nuclear holocaust) I think USA could literaly sink Cuba even in 1962. But this is not a bad option AT ALL

2. Korea - NK never officaily proclaimed peace, so one can virtually pull out some kind of conflict out and it will not be too far fetched

3. Taiwan 60's-80's - hmm maybee but I think too many new planes would be required?

4. Middle east - the name says it all, that place was and still is so explosive you can pull out anything there and it will be quite believable!

5. Fictional Bering Straits scenario or scenario from WiC:SA could go quite well. Actually in WiC:SA USA and NATO are fighting in the USA and Germany/France in the same time...

Overall I think TK could/should pull out a Libya 1986 scenario, practically all he needs is an F-14...

60s, 70s Korea?

I'm beginning to believe that it really will be SF2:Korea with an approximate 1950 to 1985 timeline and with TK knocking out a superb MiG-15, F-86 Sabre, Mustang and Meteor all of which will find a home in his Suez add-on (or perhaps the Suez add-on will be released first).

I'm beginning to believe that it really will be SF2:Korea with an approximate 1950 to 1985 timeline and with TK knocking out a superb MiG-15, F-86 Sabre, Mustang and Meteor all of which will find a home in his Suez add-on (or perhaps the Suez add-on will be released first).

True Spinners, TK wouldn't make the new (Suez timeline) planes just to put them into one addon, so the 50s war too. He stated once he plans brand new title release at the end of the year, given the slight delay of SF2I maybe early next year. Time will tell.

Anyone knows ETA for Suez?