Sign in to follow this  
ds75

Laser Guided Bombs

Hi Lads,

I'm new to the whole WO/SF2 series. Bought WOE and SF2E, I see alot of mods. In this regard I have a question, can I have Laser Guided Bombs, which show up on the tv hud on say for example the A-10 or a F15???

Which bombs are those etc?

Appreciating all help!

GBU-8, 10 or 12 are laser guided bombs in the stock game

GBU-8, 10 or 12 are laser guided bombs in the stock game

Hi Mig,

Do I only need to select one of those and they show up on say my tv screen when flying the A-10? Or do I need some additional stuff under my wings as in a certain pod.

Hi Mig,

Do I only need to select one of those and they show up on say my tv screen when flying the A-10? Or do I need some additional stuff under my wings as in a certain pod.

i had that question before and i was told that the A-10 has a Pave Penny pod which is not a laser designator pod, so you still need a Laser designator to drop them.

Pave Penny allows A-10 (78) to use LGBs provided somebody else is painting them with laser.

Pave Penny allows A-10 (78) to use LGBs provided somebody else is painting them with laser.

How do I do that, mate? Can I do that somehow in the editor? Can the AI do that?

Edited by ds75

The game assumes that only the primary targets of strike missions are painted. Didn't check it in CAS.

So the only targets you can use an LGB on with just a P.Penny are those bunkers, runways, fuel tanks etc that you're told to blow up. With a pod you can go for anything you can lock on to on the ground.

The game assumes that only the primary targets of strike missions are painted. Didn't check it in CAS.

So the only targets you can use an LGB on with just a P.Penny are those bunkers, runways, fuel tanks etc that you're told to blow up. With a pod you can go for anything you can lock on to on the ground.

I rarely, if ever use LGBs so another future question answered. :biggrin:

Is there any way to lock-on non-vehicle structures (that are not the primary target) with Mavericks or LGBs in the game?

Nope. Been like that since the SF series started. The abstract targeting system is vehicles and the like.

But the buildings are not part of target cycling. So you can only target SAMs and vehicles aside from your primary target.

But the buildings are not part of target cycling. So you can only target SAMs and vehicles aside from your primary target.

Um yes you can, comm building, bunkers, warehouses, hanger all can be targeted.

Um yes you can, comm building, bunkers, warehouses, hanger all can be targeted.

Only if they're the primary target, though.

Unless there's some super secret that you're holding out on...

I think that the secret is called "second generation game"... Wasn't there a thread somewhere about a B-57G mod for SF2V with really improved LGB usability?

Uhu

Yup, selecting E or it's variants doesn't target a building unless it's the primary target. Unless it's just the * command.

The point is that buildings can be targeted. A blanket statement saying they can not be, is in accurate. Oh and yes there was a thread about how to turn buildings into something you can cycle through and target.

Well sorry, apparently we missed that topic, no need to get worked up :good:

The point is that buildings can be targeted. A blanket statement saying they can not be, is in accurate. Oh and yes there was a thread about how to turn buildings into something you can cycle through and target.

Ok. But that entails modding and not everyone goes into modding. Maybe it should be clarified between stock and modded. :D

Ok. But that entails modding and not everyone goes into modding. Maybe it should be clarified between stock and modded. :D

Well considering that 99% of this sim involves modding, I can safely say its assumed. Kind like math but different. :biggrin:

OK from now on I will assume that everyone mods (blanket statement?) and all answers will be referenced to modding. :ok:

That's what this site is all about anyway.

Edited by jomni

OK from now on I will assume that everyone mods (blanket statement?) and all answers will be referenced to modding. :ok:

That's what this site is all about anyway.

See, now you're learnin'. :good: