Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

The Green Hornet

Thats good s**te man

humm

somehow i see its a way to encourage us to choose the Superhornet, specially for our Bio-Fuel policy :salute:

i like it btw!

Well, not depending in oil, and all the stuff.

Thinking of renewable (non-oil) energies usable for military things, fuel for aircraft was the one i was more concerned about

Edited by macelena

biofuels are lower energy output (reduced performance - in a fighter!!!!?) and higher cost.

does that help in your calculations?

biofuels are lower energy output (reduced performance - in a fighter!!!!?) and higher cost.

does that help in your calculations?

not in my car, actually here the alcohol is very used, even in mix with gas and i can ensure its a way powerfull than gas here....and its a way cheaper if you compare with gas.

for my own experience i can say the alcohol gives a better performance in my car than gasoline(quick gain of speed in high acceleration), but it consumes more than gas alone.

offcourse for the plane is different but the bio fuel still being cheaper, if you produce it right, here we have a good know how about it , we produce bio fuel of many kind of vegetables

btw, virgin atlantic already tried this with one 747 IIRC

:ok:

Edited by Silverbolt

bit silly really to have green hippy military when your bombing another country and show concerns for enviroment but not the enviroment thats being blown to s**t..especially if that country has precious oil/petrol that we need..lol

when it said green i though it was gonna be painted green..which would be kinda pretty but greens not in this season at all.

xx v xx

bit silly really to have green hippy military when your bombing another country and show concerns for enviroment but not the enviroment thats being blown to s**t..especially if that country has precious oil/petrol that we need..lol

when it said green i though it was gonna be painted green..which would be kinda pretty but greens not in this season at all.

xx v xx

:lol: and i thought that NZ was buying an Hornet

not in my car, actually here the alcohol is very used, even in mix with gas and i can ensure its a way powerfull than gas here....and its a way cheaper if you compare with gas.

for my own experience i can say the alcohol gives a better performance in my car than gasoline(quick gain of speed in high acceleration), but it consumes more than gas alone.

offcourse for the plane is different but the bio fuel still being cheaper, if you produce it right, here we have a good know how about it , we produce bio fuel of many kind of vegetables

btw, virgin atlantic already tried this with one 747 IIRC

:ok:

the only way the cost is kept down is through subsidies. So there's a hidden cost that you pay in taxes somewhere.

The additives here have proven in testing to reduce milage by about 10%. I don't know for sure about power but I think there is a penalty there as well. We would need an engineer to compare the energy contents of the fuel.

Bio-fuel certainly works. Just an issue of what kind of cost and effectiveness are involved.

Well Dragsters are running on Bio ethanol, so that must be more powerfull than gas. Just my 2 cents

Well Dragsters are running on Bio ethanol, so that must be more powerfull than gas. Just my 2 cents

That's it.

here we use it, Ethanol...but the name we said before is alcohol.

comparing here, the affect of using Ethanol in my car ,the mileage drop 30% but the engine response certainly powered up.

not being jealous but here we have a different policy for biofuels, we're a little bit mature to talk about it now, since our program to reduce the external Oil started in 70's with the international oil crisis, was notcied that in mid 2000s our production reached the self-suficient production wich means all oil produced here is refined and consumed by ourselves.(wich in certain points i don't think this is the total true)

we started to produce Ethanol from sugar cane without subsides in the 70s and today we're more mature with modern agricultural, but even producing this amount of fuel our production still availble for whole world...some peoples such as agricultral engeneers says that we can supply the exportations with only 7% of our cultivable lands .

also when the oil price gone high we started with biodiesel policy producin from a regional fruit(mamona) wich proved itself not so effective in our kind of Oil red ucing the polution(the diesel produced here is old as a hell IIRC our has 1.800 part per million(ppm) of sulfer, comparing with the european diesel wich is ONLY 10 ppm of sulfer.

so , we still with ethanol and gas....

I'm really excited about the Biofuel SH idea, many because if its really choosed in Brazilian Air Force's progam FX-2 i think there is a possibility of develop togeder with boeing this feature, wich would be awesome for our internal market...here an T-25 Nieva of Brazilian Air Force flies with Ethanol, while one of the most selled planes here, the Embraer Ipanema have 90% of its sells moved by Ethanol version.

if you want know more about the Ipanema, check here :Ipanema crop duster or Here

200512embraer_ipanema1.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

Good initiative. There's also the possibility of recycling and refining surplus fat (from food joints or even tummy tucks) into jet fuel. The only reason biofuels are 'less efficient' atm is because current engines are optimized for running on oil-based fuels.

Good initiative. There's also the possibility of recycling and refining surplus fat (from food joints or even tummy tucks) into jet fuel. The only reason biofuels are 'less efficient' atm is because current engines are optimized for running on oil-based fuels.

i think the same, my car runs with 2 kind of fuel, Gasoline or Alcohol...its the 4th genearaion of bifuel cars so it have benn improved a lot.

AFAIK, the Air Force still working on the T-25 as a testbed for a bifuel aircraft engine

Edited by Silverbolt

Cool - we might get green ICBMs - just think how much better for the planet that will be :yikes:

Silverbolt - true to most current green transport - I would rather gouge out my eyes than look at that plane!! :grin:

Cool - we might get green ICBMs - just think how much better for the planet that will be :yikes:

you might be on to something here. New, non-polluting heat shields for the RV..............

-----

good info on the energy content of the ethanol/alchohol. I did not know that part.

so more energy but less milage?

you might be on to something here. New, non-polluting heat shields for the RV..............

-----

good info on the energy content of the ethanol/alchohol. I did not know that part.

so more energy but less milage?

i can say about the cars, yes, no doubt...makes a 66 hp looks like an 74hop ehehe(i'm maybe overpowering but that's how i feel the car with ethanol only )

but i almoste never use the full tank with ethanol....the gas here already cames with10~15% of ethanol mixed straight from the bomb, i usually use in a 50-50% tank when i'm driving on the city, that i will not require too much mileage. :good:

good way to save some bucks i think :drinks:

Edited by Silverbolt