Sign in to follow this  
Makai

A taste of life with the Huns in the upcoming Add-on!

... Everyone has been getting a good view of some great looking Nieups so the Hun skinners are going to post a few upcoming Hun skins as well. The skinners have accumulated over 900 new and improved ace and squad skins so far for the addon. As CountShred mentioned in an earlier post that puts us over 4000. Like Olham pointed out, there are plenty of researched skins in the skin file to check out. We have been working hard to get as many ace and squad skins in as possible to fill in the blanks. Now when you are in the lineup in your PERSONALIZED kite you will be able to look down the line and see more ace skins where ace skins are supposed to be. You will note in some of the images I posted that there are some views of the new railyards. WM has added even more detail but we have not seen it yet. We will all have to wait for the addon. I will be away until early Dec but will still be cranking out skins for the addon when I have a spare minute just in case there is time to get them in when I get back. I went through this before with the Pfalz when Pol got the model to me just before I left and I was able to get the first round done in time for Phase 2. For those who have tried skinning you can appreciate doing it in a small stateroom that is always on the move. The labor of love has turned into a way of life for us. We can't stop, and OFF just keeps getting better and better.

Cheers all until I get back.

Makai

post-13145-12580127300074.jpg

post-13145-12580128084235.jpg

post-13145-12580128238383.jpg

post-13145-12580128389402.jpg

Edited by OvS
to split topics and show Makai's work seperately.

Beautiful

A big thank you to all the devs for the support and time they give.

Like many - I am looking forward to the release of the add-on.

Bump! < Arto.... share some light... > :good: Bump!

Edited by OvS

I believe - I KNOW, that OFF will soon be the WHOLE possible experience,

with all documented skins, and all the craft that played a role.

Great work, guys! :salute:

Yaaaaay! Sachsenberg's chequered beauty! I've been trying to skin that, off and on (mostly off) for ages. Good to see it, I'll definitely be flying that. Any chance of 'removing' the cowling, as Sachsenberg machine is depicted in some profiles?

It all looks beautiful. Thanks Makai, truely a labor of love that will be appreciated for many years. Sounds like you are putting out to sea. Best wishes for your endeavor and to find some free time. I hope to catch program that wil be airing. I am very interested in the oceans and hope to see you to put a face with your name. Aloha, Jim

Ok here is some. Also few allied skins. Sorry Huns... :)

post-45827-12580697884946.jpg

post-45827-12580697964196.jpg

post-45827-12580698029221.jpg

post-45827-12580698095563.jpg

The labor of love has turned into a way of life for us. We can't stop, and OFF just keeps getting better and better.

No truer words can be spoken about our beloved Devs

You guys are truly amazing ...and we the lucky beneficiaries! drinks.gif

The skins are outstanding

And it'll sure be fun to personalize them too

Great work Makai and much thanks

Those look great!

On a constructive note, on future Alb D skins, please make sure the port-side Albatros rudder logo is facing the spinner. Most skins and illustrations have the bird "flying" toward the tail but photos show it "flew"/faced toward the spinner and not the trailing edge of the rudder. One exception to this is the Albatros D.III (OAW).

Here's an example of proper rudder logo orientation:

AlbDIIIRudderLogo.jpg

Great work Paarma, Otto!

I especially like Herr Scheutzel's skin

Brings back memories of youth

...Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit Hahahahah!

I'm very excited about these skins. My question is are these shots taken in hi-res? They look especially clear and ultra detailed.

More still....

post-45836-1258082027737.jpg

post-45836-1258082036073.jpg

post-45836-12580820498638.jpg

post-45836-12580823648004.jpg

post-45836-12580841625123.jpg

post-45836-12580841767571.jpg

post-45836-12580842032089.jpg

Hi JFM,

Good to hear from you. It should be right way like you sayd. Thanks for advice.

Those look great!

On a constructive note, on future Alb D skins, please make sure the port-side Albatros rudder logo is facing the spinner. Most skins and illustrations have the bird "flying" toward the tail but photos show it "flew"/faced toward the spinner and not the trailing edge of the rudder. One exception to this is the Albatros D.III (OAW).

Here's an example of proper rudder logo orientation:

AlbDIIIRudderLogo.jpg

Great stuff!...Boy am I looking forward to shooting down one of those Razors!!...Not that it's become a personal Vendetta or anything..just want to watch the Hun pilots Burn! :mad:

Hello,

beautiful skins ! Thanks for showing, and i saw also the Roland looks better now, i like that you not only concentrate on the usual sucpects, as Camel and Dr.I lol.

Maybe the devs should also post some screenshots at SimHQ, and Aerodrome forum ?

Thanks for posting,

and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

these skins are impressive masterpieces.

ps...I dont mean REAL huns btw!...Just the Virtual ones..in their Bloody Razors!!

Thank you for showing us these - glad to see Jasta 17. Will there be any new Jasta 5 skins? - Pleassee!!

The work, attention to detail and depth of research involved in this sim is just outstanding!

Thanks for all the love you put into this, gents!

It is really lovely to see, for example, the coloured illustration on Wilhelm Scheutzel's

craft - "die Sieben Schwaben" I think they are, from a German tale, painted in the Jasta

colours available.

No, we don't need any appetizers to make us hungry for coming OFF works -

but we love to get them!!!

Thank you for showing us these - glad to see Jasta 17. Will there be any new Jasta 5 skins? - Pleassee!!

The work, attention to detail and depth of research involved in this sim is just outstanding!

I'm currently not making any Jasta 5 Alb D.III and D.III Early skins. There are already a ton of them using mottling and other unit markings. We don't have much information on them past the Alb D.Va's. Most of the Fokker D.VII's are based on old profiles, but if you guys have anything... let us know.

Are you guys still flying RB3D MMP?