Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

F-4 Phantom II with modern Heads Up Display

Do you guys know if any model of the F-4 Phantom II ever had a modern H.U.D?

I saw this picture on some forum and they claim its from an HAF F-4.

normal_hud_2.jpg

Thanx

Seems a Tomcat windscreen-HUD to me. Could you get a better quality image?

Edited by macelena

Seems a Tomcat windscreen-HUD to me. Could you get a higher definition?

Sorry, its the pic i found on the forum. Here is the link: Military Photos

Japanese F-4's got them, Turkish and Greek F-4's got them and I think ICE German F-4F's have them.

yup DAVE hit it on the head for operational birds. F-4E Kurnass's were also fitted with a Kaiser HUD as part of their upgrade (for you guys with WOI)

cant find anything on F-4F ICE having HUD as part of the upgrade tho. damn my sucko internet and library being at home!

yup DAVE hit it on the head for operational birds. F-4E Kurnass's were also fitted with a Kaiser HUD as part of their upgrade (for you guys with WOI)

That´s cool. Is it possible to upgrade the F4s in SF2 with these kind of HUDs?

That´s cool. Is it possible to upgrade the F4s in SF2 with these kind of HUDs?

There shouldn´t be any trouble, the F-18 for SF2 has the same cockpit as allways but with the HUD of the F-15, you could do the same to an ARNIE Phantom cockpit

In fact, if you got a CAT extractor, you could even try yourself. However, Multi Functional Displays and all those cool things wich those phantoms have would be a harder thing to implement

Edited by macelena

There shouldn´t be any trouble, the F-18 for SF2 has the same cockpit as allways but with the HUD of the F-15, you could do the same to an ARNIE Phantom cockpit

In fact, if you got a CAT extractor, you could even try yourself. However, Multi Functional Displays and all those cool things wich those phantoms have would be a harder thing to implement

Im not gonna say that i have any modding skills but i tried it anyways. I took the HUD from the f-18C over in the downloads section and made it work on the F4F Phantom II. I was all happy and proud of myself cause i got it to work :D, it was a little tog big but that would be easy to fix with some value changes i figured. But then i noticed that the radar didnt work. I have no clue how to fix that. Thats where my modding skills ended :P

Japanese F-4's got them, Turkish and Greek F-4's got them and I think ICE German F-4F's have them.

Scratch the ICE, add Kurnass 2000

~

The F-4EJ Kai on this site already has a HUD update and a brand new pit. Look for it in the d/l section.

EDIT: http://forum.combata...s&showfile=2776

Thank you so much Caesar. =)

Ahh just noticed that the cockpit doesnt work in sf2 =(

Edited by xclusiv8

Oh...didn't know that. Sorry! Hopefully that'll be converted for SF2. Might give me something to do when I get back on my normal computer once I get to Greenland.

Oh...didn't know that. Sorry! Hopefully that'll be converted for SF2. Might give me something to do when I get back on my normal computer once I get to Greenland.

No problem. Thank you anyways =)

So does my F-4E AUP HAF -with Sundowners superb skin- has a HUD. For GEn1 series games. Shouldn't take too much to convert it, if one knows what to look for

wrench

kevin stein

Scratch the ICE, add Kurnass 2000

~

Oops I knew it was one of them but couldnt remember which so I picked one. The wrong one.